Votes: 1 2.9%
  • No, and I tend to the left.

Votes: 18 52.9%

• Total voters

DontBeStupid

Look it up!
Jun 23, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Every elected Republican in Washington is in favour of this budget. Romney has praised it in the past and many on this board have praised it as well. Both liberals and conservatives talk about wanting to discuss the issues, so okay, lets discuss an issue. Lets discuss the Ryan Budget.

If you're in favour of it, why? Specifically, how will it help the country?

If you're not in favour of it, why? Specifically, what don't you like and what would you do instead?

Everyone says they want to talk about the issues, so lets talk.

If you haven't had the chance to read the budget yet, here it is: Fiscal Year 2013 Budget | Budget.House.Gov

Last edited:
Every elected Republican in Washington is in favour of this budget. Romney has praised it in the past and many on this board have praised it as well. Both liberals and conservatives talk about wanting to discuss the issues, so okay, lets discuss an issue. Lets discuss the Ryan Budget.

If you're not in favour of it, why? Specifically, what don't you like and what would you do instead?

If you haven't had the chance to read the budget yet, here it is: Fiscal Year 2013 Budget | Budget.House.Gov

Post the Ryan Budget.

Post the Ryan Budget.

Here it is again in PDF.

http://budget.house.gov/uploadedfiles/pathtoprosperity2013.pdf

Wrong, 5 GOP members voted against it in the Senate.

One was Rand Paul.

Next!

I oppose it because it doesn't do enough to cut spending, relies too much on optimistic revenue projections, and is based on the pretense that we need to keep spending more money just because we always have.

After reading Ryan's plan. This is the FIX all for the nation.... He the best budget man for the job. And why you ask... Hes a longtime accountant!:eusa_hand:

One was Rand Paul.

Next!

I never said they all voted for it.

One was Rand Paul.

Next!

I never said they all voted for it.

Ahh, "favor" does not equal voting for it. My bad.

We don't need to worry about Ryan's budget because Romney is distancing himself from it after he once said it was "marvelous", proving he'll say anything for votes and making one wonder why the hell he picked Ryan then!??? Yikes!

Budgets never pass on first draft without further amendment or compromise.

Starts the discussion which is spending reduction based.

One was Rand Paul.

Next!

I really do not care for Rand Paul, but he is one of the few who actually supports raising the retirement age for SS and Medicare, something I am a big supporter of. It is the most logical, most simple, and most cost effective way to cut costs on these programs so they can remain solvent while continuing to provide full benefits to all retirees.

One was Rand Paul.

Next!

I really do not care for Rand Paul, but he is one of the few who actually supports raising the retirement age for SS and Medicare, something I am a big supporter of. It is the most logical, most simple, and most cost effective way to cut costs on these programs so they can remain solvent while continuing to provide full benefits to all retirees.

He speaks his mind. I'm curious about how the TP reacts to his voting against the Ryan Budget however. This is the inevitable internal strife that will eventually split the GOP if left unchecked.

Should be fun to watch.

Scott Brown voted against it too; btw.

Republicans are praising the Ryan pick for being bold and saying Ryan understands economics, proposed a good budget, etc. and yet Romney is distancing himself from the Ryan budget and not standing up for his guy. What is that all about????! So when they campaign Romeny will go against all this praise?

Obama budget defeated 99-0 in Senate - Washington Times

That this thread even exists is evidence of Romney’s idiotic VP pick.

Over on the CDZ, Foxy launched a poll that :badgrin: had choices that measured your response to the Ryan announcement. "Assures Romney Victory" wasn't a choice. "Assures Obama Victory" was. 'Nuff said that one of the more moronic ardent supporters of the GOP didn't even think to add "Assures Romney Victory" to her selections. I think the inevitable is sinking in. The "postmortem" should start around 10/15 I'm guessing. Actually it's begun already but likely goes public with 3 weeks left.

This is why I support thr Ryan budget. Though it does not go far enough. So what does Obama have? How long has it been since democrats proposed a budget? Who voted for Obamas budget?

I'm sure it will come as no surprise that I am against the Ryan Budget, even if it is a rough draft or first pass. Here's why:

1) Cutting spending means laying off workers, and we don't need to be firing people in this economy. Ryan's Budget would cut government spending as a percentage of GDP from 12% to about 3%. That's a lot of lay offs.

2) Asking future seniors to pay more money out of pocket for health care will limit the disposable money those seniors have. This will reduce their purchasing power and demand for goods will drop and that will hurt the economy. The CBO projected the Ryan Budget would have future seniors paying their Medicare voucher plus all their Social Security just to get coverage.

3) Eliminating virtually all support for all levels of education will not assist people in achieving the American Dream. Education is the #1 way to advance higher in life. The Ryan Budget cuts spending on education, head start programs and student financial aid for college.

4) Cutting taxes for those making over $250K a year will not lead to an explosion in revenue, which is what the Ryan Budget is predicting. The last three times taxes have been cut, revenue has dropped.

Forum List

Back