The Russian Balance.

Since we started doing preemptive wars.
Do not be absurd. Russia has always made the same argument against anti missile defense. The unspoken reason is that such a defense blocks Russian ability to threaten limited nuclear war: to guarantee Mutually Assured Damage. Real missile defense places Russia in an all or nothing nuclear weapons posture. Thereby reducing economic and political leverage and options. Preempting terrorists and terror nations has absolutely nothing to do with the balance of nuclear power between Russia and the West.

Since we started doing preemptive wars.

D'OH!

I bet the same people demonizing russia above are the same people who will scream that waterboarding muslims at guantanamo bay is in line with the geneva conventions....

I suppose the American arming of space, is nothing for anyone to worry about.

this is from 2006.

WASHINGTON -- The Pentagon is asking Congress for hundreds of millions of dollars to test weapons in space, marking the biggest step toward creating a space battlefield since President Reagan's long-defunct ''star wars" project during the Cold War, according to federal budget documents..........

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2006/03/14/pentagon_eyeing_weapons_in_space/

Are other presidents coming to meet with GW to discuss stopping this?

But Russia is the real threat.

Do not be absurd. Russia has always made the same argument against anti missile defense. The unspoken reason is that such a defense blocks Russian ability to threaten limited nuclear war: to guarantee Mutually Assured Damage. Real missile defense places Russia in an all or nothing nuclear weapons posture. Thereby reducing economic and political leverage and options. Preempting terrorists and terror nations has absolutely nothing to do with the balance of nuclear power between Russia and the West.

gee.. ALMOST just like We'd react if Russia decided to put a missle shield in CUBA....

good grief... gonna be hard to talk shit to tehran after Russia decides to step in after cold war condi provokes another round of ronnie raygun fun, eh?

the world is SAFER, lemme tellya...

gee.. ALMOST just like We'd react if Russia decided to put a missle shield in CUBA....

good grief... gonna be hard to talk shit to tehran after Russia decides to step in after cold war condi provokes another round of ronnie raygun fun, eh?

the world is SAFER, lemme tellya...

Do you remember Rambo 3?

I suppose the American arming of space, is nothing for anyone to worry about.

this is from 2006.

WASHINGTON -- The Pentagon is asking Congress for hundreds of millions of dollars to test weapons in space, marking the biggest step toward creating a space battlefield since President Reagan's long-defunct ''star wars" project during the Cold War, according to federal budget documents..........

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2006/03/14/pentagon_eyeing_weapons_in_space/

Are other presidents coming to meet with GW to discuss stopping this?

But Russia is the real threat.
One is fooling himself if he does not believe that space based weapons, or weapons that can be deployed in space do not already exist; especially anti satellite weapons. China has already tested an anti satellite weapon. Whether or not they have been made public, certainly the US and Russia already possess such systems. http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/generic/story_generic.jsp?channel=awst&id=news/CHI01177.xml

I was always more of a chuck norris Invasion USA guy, myself...

First blood was a great book but all those Rambos were just silly..

One is fooling himself if he does not believe that space based weapons, or weapons that can be deployed in space do not already exist; especially anti satellite weapons. China has already tested an anti satellite weapon. Whether or not they have been made public, certainly the US and Russia already possess such systems. http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/generic/story_generic.jsp?channel=awst&id=news/CHI01177.xml

So whats everyone so worried about the Russians for?

Is it just a blatant unspoken understanding that the US can have all the weapons, and any independant country shouldnt even bother?

it blew my mind how different the book was from the movie.

which, is usually the case I suppose...

So whats everyone so worried about the Russians for?

Is it just a blatant unspoken understanding that the US can have all the weapons, and any independant country shouldnt even bother?
So it is ok for new classes of nuclear and space based or deployed weapons to be in the hands of totalitalians like the Russians and Chinese? How fair and balanced of you. Your distain for America and its desire to defend itself and the West is stunning. So you think that a new class of Russian submarines designed to kill 1280 targets with nuclear weapons is not a cause for concern? You think Russian supersonic cruise missiles, such as 2.2 SS-N-22 Sunburn, designed to kill aircraft carriers, and sold to Iran by the new CCCP, is not a cause for concern? Thank God someone like you is not running the show.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/russia/moskit.htm

it blew my mind how different the book was from the movie.

which, is usually the case I suppose...

Yeah, I always prefer it if the moive comes out 5 or 6 years after I've read the book, that way I will have forgotten enough about the book that I won't be disappointed by the movie, usually. The da Vinci Code sucked, so there are exceptions, though I don't think 5 years passed before the movie came out.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread topic...

such talk coming from the only nation to USe a nuke (and rationalize such action until the cows come home) is quite the punchline when crying about other nations concerning themselves over our missle shield in eastern euurope...

I bet some radioactive japanese people laugh REAL hard at your joke.

Yeah, I always prefer it if the moive comes out 5 or 6 years after I've read the book, that way I will have forgotten enough about the book that I won't be disappointed by the movie, usually. The da Vinci Code sucked, so there are exceptions, though I don't think 5 years passed before the movie came out.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread topic...

yea.. RARELY do movies come out that are as good as the book.. I thought Fight Club was a good adaptation.. Amadaeus was a great take on Peter Shaffers play... Fear and Loathing was more entertaining than reading the book (in my opinion)..

agreed, good to meet a fellow reader.

New Topics

Forum List

Back