The Russell 2000 Index is now lower then when Trump took office

McRocket

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2018
.RUT: Russell 2000 Index - Stock Quote and News - CNBC

'What is Russell 2000 Index
The Russell 2000 index is an index measuring the performance of approximately 2,000 small-cap companies in the Russell 3000 Index, which is made up of 3,000 of the biggest U.S. stocks. The Russell 2000 serves as a benchmark for small-cap stocks in the United States.

Many regard the Russell 2000 as an important bellwether of the American economy because it measures the performance of smaller, domestically focused businesses.'

Russell 2000 Index

Not good.

the R2K is where the big money is. this is a bad sign but hey; Trump is a business man :21:

What is causing this? Is it rising interest rates? Trump possibly being impeach? Ds taking over the House? Trade wars? The exploding national debt? What?

Seems somewhat unusual in a time of relative peace, full employment, low inflation, and high consumer confidence.

What is causing this? Is it rising interest rates? Trump possibly being impeach? Ds taking over the House? Trade wars? The exploding national debt? What?

Seems somewhat unusual in a time of relative peace, full employment, low inflation, and high consumer confidence.
/——/ All of the above with the interest rates being the top motivator. Except for bear ETFs, I’m all cash.

1. Rising interest rates and quantitative tightening

A distant 2. Tariffs

Mostly unstable leadership. Nobody knows which way the nut-job squatting in the White House is gonna jump next.

Instability, tariffs and trade wars....trump's finger prints all over it.

.RUT: Russell 2000 Index - Stock Quote and News - CNBC

'What is Russell 2000 Index
The Russell 2000 index is an index measuring the performance of approximately 2,000 small-cap companies in the Russell 3000 Index, which is made up of 3,000 of the biggest U.S. stocks. The Russell 2000 serves as a benchmark for small-cap stocks in the United States.

Many regard the Russell 2000 as an important bellwether of the American economy because it measures the performance of smaller, domestically focused businesses.'

Russell 2000 Index

Not good.
The President has nothing much to do with the Stocks. Just like I said two months ago. We have been over due for a large Correction for 3 years. This if we are lucky is just the start of one. This market is over priced on some stocks and needs to adjust to the levels that are real. We should see the correction really fall into a correction in the next few weeks. The Short sellers will keep up the selling for the next months. They will make some big bucks. I just keep my stand on Power and coal at this time. I have some bank stocks but not a lot.

Forum List

Back