The Runaway Bride..

Apparently the family was trying to negotiate a plea but the D.A. said no.

I still think they will plead this out; possibly with restitution, etc.

If she was smart, she would sell the rights to her wedding and use that money to pay off the fine.

Oh wait....if she was smart.....

Never mind.

This is rediculous to say the least...this is a local issue not worthy of national coverage...no offense to you Mr.P just the idiots in the national news agencies! :bsflag: :wtf:

archangel said:
This is rediculous to say the least...this is a local issue not worthy of national coverage...no offense to you Mr.P just the idiots in the national news agencies! :bsflag: :wtf:
I know...I don't understand the national news interest myself.

Mr. P said:
Just charged here in Georgia, with..1 count false statement ,1 count false report of a crime. One (felony)one (misdemeanor).

damn clinton got less than that for his oval office antics :dunno:

Whats wrong with just charging her with the costs of whatever was spent on her AFTER she made the false claim regarding her kidnapping and assault?

People have every right to disappear, families have every right to look for them, the MSM has every right to try to turn it into a circus....so up until the point she called home nothing was a crime. (Although I think she was either out of her mind, or a selfish, unsensitive little brat for not seeing how much pain and sufferring she was causing her loved ones).

After she picked up the phone and said that she had been kidnapped by a Hispanic man and a white woman ANY money the police spent on trying to find her abductors is her fault...and she should be responsible for that. Either make her pay it back (to send the message to other crazies that you can't just go around saying you've been the victim of a crime just to get some attention or get out of trouble when you've made a dumb mistake), or have her do community service with the hispanic community.

I do, however, agree fully with everyone here...why is this still a story? What are they trying to distract people from that is IMPORTANT!

Gem said:
Whats wrong with just charging her with the costs of whatever was spent on her AFTER she made the false claim regarding her kidnapping and assault?

People have every right to disappear, families have every right to look for them, the MSM has every right to try to turn it into a circus....so up until the point she called home nothing was a crime. (Although I think she was either out of her mind, or a selfish, unsensitive little brat for not seeing how much pain and sufferring she was causing her loved ones).

After she picked up the phone and said that she had been kidnapped by a Hispanic man and a white woman ANY money the police spent on trying to find her abductors is her fault...and she should be responsible for that. Either make her pay it back (to send the message to other crazies that you can't just go around saying you've been the victim of a crime just to get some attention or get out of trouble when you've made a dumb mistake), or have her do community service with the hispanic community.

I do, however, agree fully with everyone here...why is this still a story? What are they trying to distract people from that is IMPORTANT!

Trying to send a message to crazy or stupid people is a crazy and stupid idea
Honestly---does anyone think they will listen?

Forum List

Back