The rumbling rightwing

Flaylo

Handsome Devil
Feb 10, 2010
In some grass near you
Andrew Reinbach: The Right Wing Crumbles

The purists that drove the right wing tide think they're within reach of their goal of shrinking the government, and are urging each other forward regardless of cost. In the process, they're ignoring political pros who thought the right could be controlled, and who now seem to know they need to chose country over party and survive, or party over country, and perish.

Looked at this way, there's really only one outcome here; the GOP will chose to survive and will survive, though chastened and diminished. Meanwhile, the extreme-right wing House freshmen who say they came to change Washington, don't care if they're re-elected, and have the votes to block any deal they don't like, will lose the former and get the latter.

The main driver of all this is the right's long determination to starve the beast and force the government to shrink, the evidence of how far they're willing to go being the fiasco over the national debt. The right's been telling us for 50 years that this was their goal; but it was so fantastic that nobody took them seriously.

Now, alas, we know better. I'll bet you all the money in my pockets that nobody over 30 ever imagined they'd see the day Republicans would ignore the interests of corporate America, but here we are. Not only are GOP freshmen in the House dismissing increasingly frantic calls from business to avoid default -- they don't even believe it would be a bad thing, much less the door to a global catastrophe.

I could help but notice this below from a link from that story

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/17/us/politics/17debt.html?_r=3&hp

Some Republicans say they do not worry much about being punished by their constituents for playing hardball with their votes on the debt limit and thus pushing the nation to the brink of default. And besides, they doubt that the consequences of a default would be as dire as Mr. Obama and many economists say.

Representative Jeff Landry, a freshman Republican from Louisiana, said, “I don’t believe, if we fail to raise the debt ceiling, that we will default.” Even if the debt ceiling is reached, Mr. Landry said, the government has more than enough revenue coming in each month to pay principal and interest on the debt.

That means they don't give a shat about the people that voted for them, they care more about their personal agenda, the Repugs and rightwingers in USMB will ignore this shat.

They're partly right. When it comes down to it, the Tea Party will vote GOP over a commy Democrat any day. BUT...if there is a primary, they might lose there.

They're partly right. When it comes down to it, the Tea Party will vote GOP over a commy Democrat any day. BUT...if there is a primary, they might lose there.

There are no similarities between Democrats and commies, but I'm not going to argue this red herring shat.

There are no similarities between Democrats and commies, but I'm not going to argue this red herring shat.

He constantly shows a lack of intelligence, at least he is out in the open about it..

You did not need to put 'commy' in there.

I took the poster to mean the Tea Party will vote GOP over any commie who runs as democrat simply to get elected (because nobody will ever get elected running as a commie).

Even if the debt ceiling is reached, Mr. Landry said, the government has more than enough revenue coming in each month to pay principal and interest on the debt.

How much does the government have coming in every month?

What is the government's monthly nut?

Assuming no raise in debt ceiling, what expenses can be cut, what debts will not be paid?

One of the things I find somewhat troubling is that I see no plan coming from the "starve the beast: Party about what they expect the government to do if they win this battle.

Is their plan that we bring all the troops home immediately?

Do they shut down government offices?

What is the PLAN?

You have it precisely backwards. These days, nothing distinguishes a Democrat from a commie. Nothing.

You have it precisely backwards. These days, nothing distinguishes a Democrat from a commie. Nothing.

Yes there is. You can tell them apart by the pin they wear. Dems have a US flag, Commies a hammer and sickle. :lol:

That's true. They're all commies now.

Sorry but you're facking stupid, how many of you rightwing dipshats have ever been to a Communism country? My mother and her parents are from Poland and lived there during the Soviet occupation, she says you rightwingers are facking dumb for calling Democrats commies.

Yes there is. You can tell them apart by the pin they wear. Dems have a US flag, Commies a hammer and sickle. :lol:

So what are the similarities between Democrats and Soviet communists? How long will it for your trolling arse to answer or is your head already buried in the sand only coming up talk bullshat?

So what are the similarities between Democrats and Soviet communists? How long will it for your trolling arse to answer or is your head already buried in the sand only coming up talk bullshat?

Why you mad, Fail&Won'tGo?

Just as I thought, your educated, uninformed arse can't prove anything. The funny shat is that if you Repugs had a choice between living in the Soviet Union or living in the US under Obama you would all chose here, not the former USSR.

I think the problem is that in the first three years of the Obama Administration, the National Debt had gone from a little over 10 trillion to 14 trillion. If God Forbid this moron gets two terms, he could double it at that rate.

The first trick to getting out of debt is to STOP SPENDING. It seems simple enough.

Sorry but you're facking stupid, how many of you rightwing dipshats have ever been to a Communism country? My mother and her parents are from Poland and lived there during the Soviet occupation, she says you rightwingers are facking dumb for calling Democrats commies.

Is that what your mommy say's....how cute

Just as I thought, your educated, uninformed arse can't prove anything. The funny shat is that if you Repugs had a choice between living in the Soviet Union or living in the US under Obama you would all chose here, not the former USSR.

You still mad? Poor Fail&Won'tGo... he cranky!

Apparently, Fail&Won'tGo is serious. He needs an answer. Ok. Here is the answer:

Extreme Left Wing: Communism
Extreme Right Wing: Fascism

Not rocket science, little man.

Hey stupid? The word is Communist. Aren't you gone yet?

New Topics

Forum List

Back