The Royals

What is with American Media's fascination with Britains Royal Family?
Are they really anymore than the world's wealthiest welfare receiptients who insist on inbreeding?

Any of you sucked into this upcoming wedding, etc.?
I really don't get it.

Actually it's rightwinger who appears to be insisting on inbreeding....

Its not that I insist on inbreeding, its that without inbreeding. whats the purpose of royalty?
If they are mutts like the rest of us, how can they claim to be royalty?

To me, the concept of a royal class is absurd. The idea that some people, by blood, are born to rule. If thats the case then interbreeding with common people would result in a half-breed royal family

Why have royalty at all then?
Some people love having class divisions, it gives the wealthy and powerful special status, and makes the people below them sub-human. I can't say I feel any sympathy for the Russian or the French Monarchy.

Inbreeding is a terrible idea genetically (Queen Victoria's family was swamped with genetic defects and diseases as a result), and to answer your question if the children marry other royals then they would stop being half-breeds eventually as if their children marry royals then slowly but surely it will be breed out.

Last edited:
Actually it's rightwinger who appears to be insisting on inbreeding....

Its not that I insist on inbreeding, its that without inbreeding. whats the purpose of royalty?

To me, the concept of a royal class is absurd. The idea that some people, by blood, are born to rule. If thats the case then interbreeding with common people would result in a half-breed royal family

Some people love having class divisions, it gives the wealthy and powerful special status, and makes the people below them sub-human. I can't say I feel any sympathy for the Russian or the French Monarchy.

Inbreeding is a terrible idea genetically (Queen Victoria's family was swamped with genetic defects and diseases as a result), and to answer your question if the children marry other royals then they would stop being half-breeds eventually as if their children marry royals then slowly but surely it will be breed out.

Blue blood is blue blood

If you claim an inherent right to lead then you can't mix with common people. If they are mutts like us, then lets get rid of them

Blue blood is blue blood

If you claim an inherent right to lead then you can't mix with common people. If they are mutts like us, then lets get rid of them
The Monarchy began with common blood, they are merely putting more in and then breeding it out.

What is with American Media's fascination with Britains Royal Family?
Are they really anymore than the world's wealthiest welfare receiptients who insist on inbreeding?

Any of you sucked into this upcoming wedding, etc.?
I really don't get it.

Think of it as voyeurism. Its a peak into others lives. I love to watch some royals but not to the point of obsession.
There are better royals to watch in my opinion, how about these:

Current royal families

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_family

I prefer the Japanese Royal Family myself.

Last edited:

Blue blood is blue blood

The Monarchy began with common blood, they are merely putting more in and then breeding it out.

You mean they are not really "special" and have been fooling us for 1000 years?

Forum List

Back