The Royals

FuelRod

Gold Member
Mar 16, 2011
What is with American Media's fascination with Britains Royal Family?
Are they really anymore than the world's wealthiest welfare receiptients who insist on inbreeding?

Any of you sucked into this upcoming wedding, etc.?
I really don't get it.

yes the polo guy.....

for some reason a lot of brits ski where i work....we did an informal survey....simple question....do you think charles will ever be king...out of roughly 75 brits...only 2 said yes....and two brits were together and got into a fight over the answer

Are they really anymore than the world's wealthiest welfare receiptients who insist on inbreeding?

I really don't get it.

Oh, crap. :(

I was rather enjoying the fact that this was one place where the unrelenting coverage of the royal wedding had not penetrated.

Watch it if you want, don't watch it if you want, but seriously who gives a crap who made her dress?

yes the polo guy.....

for some reason a lot of brits ski where i work....we did an informal survey....simple question....do you think charles will ever be king...out of roughly 75 brits...only 2 said yes....and two brits were together and got into a fight over the answer

That's a surprising straw poll.

He will be King. There's no constitutional precedent for him not to be (Ed VIII was entirely different, before someone says it).

Also, there are plenty of people who purport to like William and say he should be King rather than Charles. To them I ask, if you like him so much, why would you want to take away the little life he has left by forcing him to take the throne early?

Ooooh...

I thought this was a thread about the Kansas City Royals.

major-league-theyre-shitty_medium.jpg

Never mind.

What is with American Media's fascination with Britains Royal Family? Are they really anymore than the world's wealthiest welfare receiptients who insist on inbreeding?

1. Like any citizens of Great Britain's former colonies, Americans is just as entitled to be interested in their mother country's monarchy.

2. Without wanting to appear aggressive, young FuelRod. But if you were to repeat exactly what you've written in the second sentence I've quoted you on to me in person, my immediate response would be, 'young man, are looking to lose an eye?'

I personally don't recognize it as a royal wedding. To be a royal wedding, both parties must be royalty.

Since she is a commoner, any offspring shouldn't be in line for the monarchy

I really don't get it.

Actually it's rightwinger who appears to be insisting on inbreeding....

I really don't get it.

Think of it as voyeurism. Its a peak into others lives. I love to watch some royals but not to the point of obsession.

I really don't get it.

Actually it's rightwinger who appears to be insisting on inbreeding....

Its not that I insist on inbreeding, its that without inbreeding. whats the purpose of royalty?
If they are mutts like the rest of us, how can they claim to be royalty?

To me, the concept of a royal class is absurd. The idea that some people, by blood, are born to rule. If thats the case then interbreeding with common people would result in a half-breed royal family

Why have royalty at all then?

New Topics

Forum List

Back