The Rove Ripple Effect

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
According to reports Karl Rove and Dick Morris were dumped by the FOX Network:

If you’re used to watching Fox News, you may notice a lot less face time by political analysts Karl Rove and Dick Morris.

Let’s first put Morris out of the way from my perspective.

Morris has always been a take-him-or-leave him kind of pundit. Once in a while he whispered sweet nothings in conservative ears. Admittedly, a little romance is better than a sharp stick in the eye; nevertheless, Morris’ problem has always been one of credibility. It’s difficult for an archconservative to give a full pardon to a man who committed the political crime of the century —— he, more than anyone else, is guilty of getting Clinton a second term. His move to the right since the Clinton glory years, coupled with his dislike for Hillary Clinton, is not enough to wash away a crime of such magnitude. In any event Morris never had the influence among establishment Republicans Rove hung onto like a miser hoarding gold.

Now let’s move to Rove.

I’ll begin with a few excerpts from a 2010 article:

. . . "the architect" Karl Rove was stripped bare for all to see on Fox News' Hannity show Tuesday night, thanks to his odd response to Christine O'Donnell's win in Delaware.

Rove demonstrated to all what I have believed since 2000: that he is a political operative with little or no evidence of a philosophical soul. Voters -- equally soulless in his mind -- are mere commodities to deal with, and precincts are the way these commodities are organized. They are to be bought and sold with the micromanaging of a trade deal here or a pro-life direct mail piece there -- orchestrated by the ruling elitists in Washington.

XXXXX

When Bush was in office, Rove predictably started out on a plan to form what he called "a permanent Republican majority" that would be constructed with a mushy new tone, a "can't we all just get along" mentality. The strategy would dictate that no one would ever return fire on political opponents -- while having a "flexible philosophy" to which Rove would adapt policy as issues came and went in certain parts of the country.

XXXXX

What the will a Senate majority full of Olympia Snowes and John McCains and Lindsey Grahams get you? Easy. Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi, and Harry Reid in power. This is exactly the legacy of the Bush presidency --and Rove was right there at the levers of power the entire way.

Truth be told, Rove's biggest architectural accomplishment is the Obama administration. By doing his part as senior advisor to the president to define conservatism down, he sullied the reputation and disoriented the understanding of what it means to be conservative to millions of half-informed voters nationwide.

XXXXX

Frankly, a case can be made that only the Democrats' Wellstone Memorial in 2002 and an awful Kerry-Edwards campaign in 2004 allowed the perception that the Bush White House had an effective political wing. I submit that they never did. With Bush leaving office at around 26% approval, no one debates that now. This was Rove's wing.

Which raises the question I've had for ten years: can we finally -- once and for all -- bury the myth of the "architect"? With all due respect, putting together a strategy that forged a statistical tie with Gore-Lieberman and edged Kerry-Edwards by 3 points with the power of incumbency is not the stuff of genius.

September 16, 2010
The Architect Has No Clothes
By C. Edmund Wright

Archived-Articles: The Architect Has No Clothes

Wright’s piece is most informative; however, I want to revisit a topic that is not included. I’ll begin at the end: Bush commuting Libby’s prison sentence.

How big of a role did Rove play in the Scooter Libby Affair? It’s a safe guess that the architect behind the throne was involved up to his eyeballs.

Bush lacked the political courage to give Libby a full pardon. That’s hard to understand because he was in his second term —— well aware of the kind of scum Bill Clinton pardoned for money. Bush’s decision to let Libby swing in the breeze after being persecuted by an “impartial” prosecutor was the act of a political and moral coward.

How much input did Rove have in Bush’s shameless decision? Answer: A lot by most accounts of the scandal from beginning to end.

Former Washington Post reporter Denis Collins asked about Rove’s whereabouts when it was still news, although he asked for the wrong reasons:

Collins, a former Washington Post reporter, said jurors wanted to hear from others involved in the case, including Bush political adviser Karl Rove, who was one of two sources for the original leak. Defense attorneys originally said both Libby and Cheney would be witnesses, and Rove was on the potential witness list.

“I will say there was a tremendous amount of sympathy for Mr. Libby on the jury. It was said a number of times, ‘What are we doing with this guy here? Where’s Rove? Where are these other guys?”’ Collins said. “I’m not saying we didn’t think Mr. Libby was guilty of the things we found him guilty of. It seemed like he was, as Mr. Wells put it, he was the fall guy.”

Jurors convict Libby on four of five charges
Cheney’s ex-aide faces jail time in CIA leak case; sentencing set for June

Jury convicts Libby on four charges - politics | NBC News

NOTE: Collins, a Washington Post hatchet man, was after everybody in the Bush White House regardless of the fact that Libby DID NOT out Plame and everybody knew it .

I do know this. Hussein would never let his Justice Department prosecute a guilty Democrat let alone one who was being framed the way Libby got railroaded. Bush stood by and did nothing even though everyone knew that it was a witch hunt looking to burn Dick Cheney.

The New York Sun reported this in January of 2007:

WASHINGTON — The long-awaited obstruction-of-justice trial of I. Lewis Libby Jr., who served as Vice President Cheney's chief of staff, opened with the defense suggesting that the prosecution is an outgrowth of an effort in the White House to protect President Bush's top political adviser, Karl Rove.

"Karl Rove was the president's right-hand man. … He had to be protected," Mr. Libby's lead defense counsel, Theodore Wells Jr., told the jurors.”

Wells added that Libby was being sacrificed to save Rove.

Libby Defense Points Finger At Karl Rove
By JOSH GERSTEIN, Staff Reporter of the Sun | January 24, 2007

Libby Defense Points Finger At Karl Rove - The New York Sun

Bottom line: Rove stood by and deliberately let Libby take the fall on a bum rap. Then he watched Libby drown rather than throw him a life jacket.

No Democrat could have damaged conservatism from the outside more than Rove did from the inside. I doubt if there is a rank & file conservative in this country who will be sorry to see him gone from the airwaves. If he disliked liberals as much as he dislikes Tea Party conservatives he might be missed. Rove will be missed so little liberal networks might pick him up. Conservatives need not fear Rove on MSNBC, etc. Only liberals watch those shows; whereas, FOX gave Rove a conservative audience.

Finally, if Roger Ailes is serious about cleaning house:

New York Magazine is reporting the top-rated cable-news network is doing some “post-election soul searching,” and Roger Ailes, head of Fox News, is changing the characters who appear as talking heads on the air.

“According to multiple Fox sources, Ailes has issued a new directive to his staff,” reports Gabriel Sherman of New York Magazine. “He wants the faces associated with the election off the air – for now. For Karl Rove and Dick Morris – a pair of pundits perhaps most closely aligned with Fox’s anti-Obama campaign – Ailes’s orders mean new rules.”

Famous Fox News faces 'get dumped off air'
'Reality-denying predictions became a punch line'
Published: 14 hours ago
by JOE KOVACS

Famous Fox News faces ‘get dumped off air’

he will dump all of those liberals FOX provides with a platform. Let them all march over to Liberaldom’s media. So far, FOX’s ratings have not suffered because too many Americans still think it is a conservative network. That’s going to change in the very near future if Ailes hangs onto his liberals. Call it the Rove Ripple Effect. Let’s face it, why dump Rove and Morris and keep the avowed liberals? The only answer that makes sense to me is that FOX is coming out of the closet.

Last edited:
FOX was determined to spoil the holidays for conservatives. Roger Ailes just had to crap under everybody’s Christmas tree:

Well, that was a pretty short exile: A brief 27 days after Fox News reportedly benched Karl Rove (and Dick Morris) for their ill-fated Republican boosterism before and especially during the November election, the GOP strategist once known as "Bush's brain" was back on the air Monday night, talking about the fiscal cliff with Brett Baier on Special Report. He's scheduled to appear on Fox's The O'Reilly Factor on Wednesday. "Gentlemen, welcome back," Baier told Rove and Democratic strategist Joe Trippi at the start of the eight-minute segment.

I guess Fox didn't like having its dirty laundry aired, especially by the liberal media, says Marty Davis at Chickaboomer. My guess is that "Fox boss Roger Ailes allowed Rove on to stick it to [New York magazine's] Gabe Sherman," who got a lot of buzz for breaking the news of the ban. Another reason to believe that spite is behind Rove's rehabilitation: "Sherman is also writing an unauthorized book on Ailes."

Why Fox News put Karl Rove back on the air
Last week, the internet was abuzz about Roger Ailes' decision to bench the prominent GOP commentator. This week, he's back. What gives?
By Peter Weber | December 12, 2012

Why Fox News put Karl Rove back on the air - The Week

Oh well, Democrats are happy Rove is back. Now if Ailes wants to be fair & balanced Rove’s appearances will cut into Hussein’s face time. Orwell’s Big Brother never got the face time Hussein gets. In fact, Rove and Dick Morris should get their own show. They look like the Katzenjammer Kids anyway:

images

I suspect that Karl Rove will torpedo conservatives in the midterms and in 2016. It is nice to hear Mark Levin take a swipe at FOX favorite Karl Rove:

Levin shreds Fox News for employing Karl Rove
'Your establishment candidates never had to fight in a Republican primary'
Published: 15 hours ago

Levin shreds Fox News for employing Karl Rove

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back