The root cause of the lack of "Civil Discourse"

It would be nice to even see the liberals on this board calling the MSM out on their bullshit. But they don't. I have to say, I am kind of disappointed in some. We have some intelligent liberals. Why no condemnation from them?

No I wouldnt cause I love my free country.I am not some sycophantic asshole who needs the government to wipe my ass.

Free country? You mean you support the insurance cartels freedom to have REAL death panels, deny coverage for treatment to people who have life threatening illnesses. Fellow citizens who played by all the rules and did NOTHING wrong other than contract a 'expensive' disease. American who diligently paid their premiums.

You love America, it's just AmericaNS you have contempt for.

Exactly. We saw the Death Panel in operation in Arizona, as Governor Jan Brewer took the liver that would have saved a citizens life away from him as he was being wheeled into the operating room. The very definition of Conservative Compassion.
So why do you want the same thing nation-wide?

It would be nice to even see the liberals on this board calling the MSM out on their bullshit. But they don't. I have to say, I am kind of disappointed in some. We have some intelligent liberals. Why no condemnation from them?

They are held to a lower standard by themselves and the MSM. They never had to before, why would they now.

It is only reinforced by their dependence on the MSM and liberal blogs to get their information.

It also a commonality to be found across all the leftist groups. Traditionally, most goals they have obtained came through or by a way of a crisis of some kind. Remember never let a "good crisis go to waste", as such, they are in a constant mode of urgency; blame and anger to motivate them.

Really, if the left actually told people what they intended then no one would vote for them. Thus lying, cheating and subterfuge is the only means they have to achieve their political goals.

So of course, why change what has worked for you.

Example:
Look at what a "bag of goods" the Left and the MSM sold us on Papa Obama. Think about, anybody (non-black) with his background and lack of experience would never have been elected or should have been

Last year the tea partiers, many of them on the public dole...
Well, except the ones who are wealthier and more educated than you.

I know all about that poll. It just goes to show that education and wealth cannot overcome conservative fear driven dogma and ignorance.

The CBS/NYTimes poll also provided an insight into what the tea partiers believe. It was like watching a Jay Leno jaywalking segment.

What polls show us about the ‘tea party’ is that they are a fringe group diametrically opposed to mainstream America. Among all Americans, George W. Bush has a 27/58 positive/negative favorable rating. Among the ‘tea party’ he's viewed favorably, 57/27. An almost perfect diametrical difference.

With No Jobs, Plenty of Time for Tea Party

SOUTH BEND, Ind. — When Tom Grimes lost his job as a financial consultant 15 months ago, he called his congressman, a Democrat, for help getting government health care.

Then he found a new full-time occupation: Tea Party activist.

Mr. Grimes, who receives Social Security, has filled the back seat of his Mercury Grand Marquis with the literature of the movement, including Glenn Beck’s “Arguing With Idiots” and Frederic Bastiat’s “The Law,” which denounces public benefits as “false philanthropy.”

“If you quit giving people that stuff, they would figure out how to do it on their own,” Mr. Grimes said.

Last year the tea partiers, many of them on the public dole...
Well, except the ones who are wealthier and more educated than you.

I know all about that poll. It just goes to show that education and wealth cannot overcome conservative fear driven dogma and ignorance.

The CBS/NYTimes poll also provided an insight into what the tea partiers believe. It was like watching a Jay Leno jaywalking segment.

What polls show us about the ‘tea party’ is that they are a fringe group diametrically opposed to mainstream America. Among all Americans, George W. Bush has a 27/58 positive/negative favorable rating. Among the ‘tea party’ he's viewed favorably, 57/27. An almost perfect diametrical difference.

With No Jobs, Plenty of Time for Tea Party

SOUTH BEND, Ind. — When Tom Grimes lost his job as a financial consultant 15 months ago, he called his congressman, a Democrat, for help getting government health care.

Then he found a new full-time occupation: Tea Party activist.

Mr. Grimes, who receives Social Security, has filled the back seat of his Mercury Grand Marquis with the literature of the movement, including Glenn Beck’s “Arguing With Idiots” and Frederic Bastiat’s “The Law,” which denounces public benefits as “false philanthropy.”

“If you quit giving people that stuff, they would figure out how to do it on their own,” Mr. Grimes said.
Guess you didn't pay any attention to the elections a couple months ago. :lol:

It boogles the mind that civility is seen as a bad thing.
It boggles the mind that some peole don't understand that civility is not a bad thing; hoever, attempting to muzzle, subjectively, what some people call incivility is. The 1st amendment gaurentees that somewhere, someone, sometime WILL be offended. You may choose to like that or you may choose to like not liking it, either way, you will like something.

Forum List

Back