CDZ The roles for men and women in a relationship need to be redefined

Firstly, modern Americans have no idea of what marriage was originally. Even knowledgable Europeans would be challenged to cite what it originated as.

None are ready here for the full truth of it.

I will say it originated in the old world of which our memory has been obliterated, all of the books burned. As a clue, I will state it is a rite of passage, that existed with many others in human lives. Those rites gave meanings to life that we no longer know.

It is not just children that are deprived in this great taking of knowledge about ourselves and what life is about. It is the entire family, thusly the human community suffers too.

In that suffering we are divided and unable to assert ourselves in unity to challenge false authority and protect future generations, to keep a dream alive within unified families supporting the love they know and share past the lives of a mother and father.

The aged from this deprival, have no role in society except as a beloved burden, and the wisdom they naturally develop rarely has a meaningful outlet or use.

Marriage in its essence has lost the spiritual partnership in the community of parents that it once had, so the village can no longer raise the child alongside of the parents forming a new generation of associates that clearly benefitted from the knowledge and wisdom with at least two generations before it.

Regardless of its historical and religious bases, marriage has served as both a stick and a carrot in keeping nuclear families together, which promotes a stable and productive society. The advent of "no fault" divorce and other cultural factors is eroding this institution towards irrelevance, and we are paying the price.

The traditional roles of men and women in a "relationship" -- that is, family unit- - were 'defined " by hundreds of thousands of years of evolution.
Why do you hate nature?

With the role of feminism in the 70's women are now more educated and hold more jobs than men in today's society. The mans motive for marriage was the be the provider, the protector, and the leader of the household. Clearly that is not the case anymore with the avg age of men getting married is at 29, and women at age 27, which is a 78% increase since 1960. Married adults in 1960 was at 72% and now is at 51%, which screams that marriage isn't as important as it used to be for both sexes, however women see the need more than men. Those numbers are trending in the same direction that they have been and pretty soon adult marriages will drop below 50%. Also, keep in mind that the new divorce rate is falling but at 3.6 divorces for every 1000 households. However, that's likely to go down due to less people getting married. Naturally.

This is VERY alarming! It's also terrible news for children who study's have shown need BOTH parents for stability in their childhood lives.

There's 2 directions I want this thread to focus on and if you can think of any other areas for concern please feel free to elaborate on them.

1.) What does this mean for Men and Women's relationships in general dating or marriage? What's the point of dating if marriage isn't the ultimate goal of importance?

2.) What does this mean for children with only a mother or only a father or neither?

Lastly - What has your experience been when it comes to relationships with the ultimate sex.

emilynghiem

Mods - Delete trolling off-topic posts in this thread. This is a serious discussion in the CDZ. Thank you. Coyote theDoctorisIn AyeCantSeeYou

Why do you rely on information that only goes back to 1960?

Disir is right, also, where are the statistics coming from?

Men SHOULD be terrified of marriage: They are placing their entire future in the hands of another person who has been given unilateral legal control over their homes, their children and their finances.

This is not a biased point Jwoodie is making, but it's quite valid. The courts do favor the mother even though most women are employed than men are these days and more educated.

It seems 2 things are happening here,

1.) There's no reasons for men to get married due to not having a purpose.

2.) There's risks for men to get married

These two things equal a net negative. How do we get in back to even par?

How do they favor the woman? The reason why that used to be the case is because women did not work, stayed home and raised the kids, and therefore had no way to make a living for herself after a divorce. Nowadays, more and more men are getting custody of their children. Granted, the percentages are not large, but they are certainly growing. Personally, I've known several single dads. I used to babysit for a single dad of 3 kids.

So, given this information, how is the man taking any more risk than the woman when entering into a marriage? And how do you justify your matter-of-fact claim that the "courts favor the mother"?

2.0 million: Number of single fathers in 2013; 17 percent of custodial single parents were men.
  • 9 percent were raising three or more children younger than 18.
  • About 44 percent were divorced, 33 percent were never married, 19 percent were separated, and 4.2 percent were widowed.
Another issue with your OP is that men are no longer more educated . . . but women make less generally speaking.

Women More Likely to Graduate College but Still Earn Less Than Men - US News

Last edited:
Men SHOULD be terrified of marriage: They are placing their entire future in the hands of another person who has been given unilateral legal control over their homes, their children and their finances.

If men see marriage as a sign of losing control, no wonder they're afraid.

Well, women shouldn't be afraid in that case? They need to find the ultimate man to carry healthy children, and to trust that this man will take care of them and manage the family correctly. Why is their fear not taken into account?

Firstly, modern Americans have no idea of what marriage was originally. Even knowledgable Europeans would be challenged to cite what it originated as.

Alliances.

I will say it originated in the old world of which our memory has been obliterated, all of the books burned. As a clue, I will state it is a rite of passage, that existed with many others in human lives. Those rites gave meanings to life that we no longer know.

That conveniently allows you to create a very special definition of which you are only privy to. Secondly, it is an attempt to create historic authenticity.

Alliances.

That conveniently allows you to create a very special definition of which you are only privy to. Secondly, it is an attempt to create historic authenticity.

If any of that was accurate you would be able to tell me exactly what ancient sunworship was about and why observing the solstices was a social event with the greatest meaning to any society. I doubt you can.

Alliances.

If any of that was accurate you would be able to tell me exactly what ancient sunworship was about and why observing the solstices was a social event with the greatest meaning to any society. I doubt you can.

It's quite accurate.

Alliances.

It's quite accurate.

If you know that, then you know what ancient sunworship was about. But it doesn't sound like you do so you simply assert your post is accurate without showing the breadth of knowledge that gives weight to your claim.

You do know that ancient sunworship existed, or do you not know that? Accountability?

Alliances.

It's quite accurate.

If you know that, then you know what ancient sunworship was about. But it doesn't sound like you do so you simply assert your post is accurate without showing the breadth of knowledge that gives weight to your claim.

You do know that ancient sunworship existed, or do you not know that? Accountability?

You're attempting to romance a time period without facts.

Alliances.

It's quite accurate.

Accountability? Ancient sunworship? Do you know it existed?

No romance, I'm all about facts. But can you acknowledge some?

Alliances.

It's quite accurate.

I do know it exists. You can't back up your statements.

Let me remind you:

It's quite accurate.

I do know it exists. You can't back up your statements.

gramma.jpeg

I can back them bigtime.

Download "CIRCA. Stolen Safety, Frauds of Colonization" from this page. Please do not stream it on the server. A friend hosts it for me and asked me to conserve bandwidth. Hopefully you can play a .avi video file.
It is a one hour documentary I produced in 2008. It has aired perhaps 100 times on public access TV here.

Solstice Circadian Rhythm Hypnosis Sun Worship Mind Control telepathy and world peace Chumash story circle

It is filled with facts, old documents, photos etc. You will know what ancient sunworship is after viewing it.

If you have the courage to discuss it or marriage here after viewing it, I will be surprised.

I don't agree with one of your premises - I don't think that the percentage of married couples is an indicator of whether or not children have both parents in their lives - many couples with children that I know have never bothered to get married yet still live together and raise their children together - as well as couples who are no longer together yet share custody of their children.

Marriage is not the same as a child having two parents in their lives.

2.) What does this mean for children with only a mother or only a father or neither?

I can tell you exactly what it meant for me. I had neither. I was born in 1987. According to my Grandmother I was the product of a one night stand between my father and biological mother, of whom I never knew. My father dumped me on my Grandmother four years later in 1991, and fled to Australia. I was 15 years of age before my father came back into my life in 2002, as a married man with a step daughter. I lived with him until 2007.

My father was not prepared to be a parent, and thusly our relationship with one another suffered because of it. He tried to insert his wife into the mother role, not understanding I saw my grandmother as my mother figure. It angered my Grandmother to no end, which spurred familial chaos, leading to frequent arguments between them. On top of that, he tried to assign parenting roles to my then step sister which infuriated my grandmother greatly. None of his actions went over well.

My father became became quite overbearing, forcing himself into the parenting role, when my Grandmother had raised me all of the time he was gone. What he didn't understand was that he couldn't simply supplant my grandmother as my primary parenting figure. Later on, he asked for my grandmother for child rearing advice but never took it, electing to elicit parenting advice from the internet, once again, leading to further resentment between he and I. All of that familial chaos eventually led to his wife walking out on him with another man. He left Athens not soon afterwards.

He made my life a living hell during high school, but yet I still managed to press on and graduate with honors. That's where my endeavors for a successful career essentially ended, no thanks to my father.

Finally, in the fall of 2006, I dropped out of college, in the spring of 2007 I lost my job. My father and I had made a standing agreement that if I maintained a job and attended college, he would offer me room and board for a nominal fee. Well for a time I did just that. But the aforementioned events took place. Upon my departure from the campus of Athens Technical College that day, I simply stated to my grandmother that the familial chaos my father was inciting was having a tremendous, negative effect on my studies. I couldn't go on. I was drained, and emotionally spent. On New Year's day 2007, I rung in the New Year by learning that I was being arbitrarily evicted. He never knew, nor was he aware that his chaotic influence had caused me to drop out of college.

I spent the last five months of employment fending for myself at my Grandmother's house, watching movies and playing Halo on the PC. She wasn't living there, though, but with my father at his home with a medical condition. I was completely cut off from my family, with occasional visits from my grandmother to bring me whatever she cooked for dinner for the rest of the family that night.

My father never assumed his proper role as a father figure, leaving my grandmother to be the only mother figure I ever knew. I never really lived in a stable family. I could have benefited from having an actual mother and a father, but my grandmother had to be the stand in. She did one hell of a job.

I'm here to testify for the emotional need for a mother and father to be there for the child. I was essentially abandoned my my parents, but by the grace of God he sent an angel to rescue me, my Grandmother, once again. I can tell you how alienated I felt watching all of the children at day camp leave with their moms and dads, and how many times I asked my grandmother where my biological parents were. I will disagree adamantly against those who say that having a mother and a father isn't essential for a child. You are dead wrong.

(Sorry for the autobiography, but this is the best way I knew how to address your question.)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back