CDZ The roles for men and women in a relationship need to be redefined

Judicial review

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
Columbus Ohio
With the role of feminism in the 70's women are now more educated and hold more jobs than men in today's society. The mans motive for marriage was the be the provider, the protector, and the leader of the household. Clearly that is not the case anymore with the avg age of men getting married is at 29, and women at age 27, which is a 78% increase since 1960. Married adults in 1960 was at 72% and now is at 51%, which screams that marriage isn't as important as it used to be for both sexes, however women see the need more than men. Those numbers are trending in the same direction that they have been and pretty soon adult marriages will drop below 50%. Also, keep in mind that the new divorce rate is falling but at 3.6 divorces for every 1000 households. However, that's likely to go down due to less people getting married. Naturally.

This is VERY alarming! It's also terrible news for children who study's have shown need BOTH parents for stability in their childhood lives.

There's 2 directions I want this thread to focus on and if you can think of any other areas for concern please feel free to elaborate on them.

1.) What does this mean for Men and Women's relationships in general dating or marriage? What's the point of dating if marriage isn't the ultimate goal of importance?

2.) What does this mean for children with only a mother or only a father or neither?

Lastly - What has your experience been when it comes to relationships with the ultimate sex.

emilynghiem

Mods - Delete trolling off-topic posts in this thread. This is a serious discussion in the CDZ. Thank you. Coyote theDoctorisIn AyeCantSeeYou

Last edited:
In spite of the OP's directive to the mod staff.....who he obviously thinks is at his beck and call......I'd like to flame this thread.

The OP is clearly looking for reassurance. He's had a terrible time finding a mate in spite of his rugged good looks, hugely successful career, superior intellect and keen understanding of what women want. It's a true mystery.

Can someone......especially an unattached woman....please come to this thread and restore hope for this fine young man? Tell him that marriage is your goal and that he's got a shot. Give him something to live for! Please!

The ultimate sex? Maybe it's weird stuff like that which keeps you lonely at night, bro.

• Banned
In spite of the OP's directive to the mod staff.....who he obviously thinks is at his beck and call......I'd like to flame this thread.

The OP is clearly looking for reassurance. He's had a terrible time finding a mate in spite of his rugged good looks, hugely successful career, superior intellect and keen understanding of what women want. It's a true mystery.

Can someone......especially an unattached woman....please come to this thread and restore hope for this fine young man? Tell him that marriage is your goal and that he's got a shot. Give him something to live for! Please!

The ultimate sex? Maybe it's weird stuff like that which keeps you lonely at night, bro.

Thank you. I need a women's perspective. I'm not going to date till August due to me being very busy moving my office and getting things situated. I don't have trouble finding women to date, it's finding women who want a serious relationship that leads to marriage. The statistics prove I need to look for someone around my age 29 or older. I'm pretty fortunate I'm not in my early to mid 20's looking for marriage.
I meant "other sex." Shit.

Last edited:
Men SHOULD be terrified of marriage: They are placing their entire future in the hands of another person who has been given unilateral legal control over their homes, their children and their finances.

• Banned
Men SHOULD be terrified of marriage: They are placing their entire future in the hands of another person who has been given unilateral legal control over their homes, their children and their finances.

This is not a biased point Jwoodie is making, but it's quite valid. The courts do favor the mother even though most women are employed than men are these days and more educated.

It seems 2 things are happening here,

1.) There's no reasons for men to get married due to not having a purpose.

2.) There's risks for men to get married

These two things equal a net negative. How do we get in back to even par?

Hierarchy is outmoded, both in marriages and in society in general. Any person who wants to lord power over others has serious psychological problems, that generally will manifest in criminal acts.

• Banned
Hierarchy is outmoded, both in marriages and in society in general. Any person who wants to lord power over others has serious psychological problems, that generally will manifest in criminal acts.

Could you explain - What is criminal acts involving marriage or is there any? Domestic abuse? child abuse? You need to write more than that. If you could please? Also, wouldn't the person who is being controlled also have psychological problems?

With the role of feminism in the 70's women are now more educated and hold more jobs than men in today's society. The mans motive for marriage was the be the provider, the protector, and the leader of the household. Clearly that is not the case anymore with the avg age of men getting married is at 29, and women at age 27, which is a 78% increase since 1960. Married adults in 1960 was at 72% and now is at 51%, which screams that marriage isn't as important as it used to be for both sexes, however women see the need more than men. Those numbers are trending in the same direction that they have been and pretty soon adult marriages will drop below 50%. Also, keep in mind that the new divorce rate is falling but at 3.6 divorces for every 1000 households. However, that's likely to go down due to less people getting married. Naturally.

This is VERY alarming! It's also terrible news for children who study's have shown need BOTH parents for stability in their childhood lives.

There's 2 directions I want this thread to focus on and if you can think of any other areas for concern please feel free to elaborate on them.

1.) What does this mean for Men and Women's relationships in general dating or marriage? What's the point of dating if marriage isn't the ultimate goal of importance?

2.) What does this mean for children with only a mother or only a father or neither?

Lastly - What has your experience been when it comes to relationships with the ultimate sex.

emilynghiem

Mods - Delete trolling off-topic posts in this thread. This is a serious discussion in the CDZ. Thank you. Coyote theDoctorisIn AyeCantSeeYou
A key premise within your question/argument is deeply flawed.

There is no credible research that supports the conclusion that children are better off with a male parent and a female parent.

The research only supports the concept that two parents are better than one.

It's simple math.

Parenting is a tough job, and with the emotional advantages children often hold over their parents, one parent alone has that parent emotionally outnumbered.

It doesn't matter what sex the parents are.

Could you explain - What is criminal acts involving marriage or is there any? Domestic abuse? child abuse? You need to write more than that. If you could please? Also, wouldn't the person who is being controlled also have psychological problems?

I made a blanket statement because it isn't limited to marriage. Obviously controlling husbands are the ones who engage in abusive behavior, up to and including physical abuse, murder, etc. It is that sort who are the ones committing all of those crimes, as it is the only motive to such action.

emilynghiem

There is no credible research that supports the conclusion that children are better off with a male parent and a female parent.

It's simple math.

Parenting is a tough job, and with the emotional advantages children often hold over their parents, one parent alone has that parent emotionally outnumbered.

Even then, that is just the aggregate data. There are numerous two-parent abusive homes that are more deleterious that having but a single parent. Of course many of these become a one parent situation eventually. Some others will end up in a foster home, after one parent shoots the other.

emilynghiem

It's simple math.

I never said a female parent and a male parent. I said BOTH parents. I didn't want this to be a debate on same sex marriages so keep that out of it until it becomes legal due to the SCOTUS

I made a blanket statement because it isn't limited to marriage. Obviously controlling husbands are the ones who engage in abusive behavior, up to and including physical abuse, murder, etc. It is that sort who are the ones committing all of those crimes, as it is the only motive to such action.

So do women. However, in my opening post I stated that Women want to get married more than men. So I don't see the relevance in your post.

emilynghiem

It's simple math.

I never said a female parent and a male parent. I said BOTH parents. I didn't want this to be a debate on same sex marriages so keep that out of it until it becomes legal due to the SCOTUS
You're demanding keep what, out of what?

Your OP is anti gay marriage if you read between the lines.

I'm quite sure you oppose gay marriage, as the whole reason you started this thread

So do women. However, in my opening post I stated that Women want to get married more than men. So I don't see the relevance in your post.

I was just pointing out that the only need for a marital hierarchy is to facilitate the lunatics mentioned above.

How about instead of redfining roles we abandon the notion there are roles in the first place? Then everyone's happy and can define their thing the way that works for them.

emilynghiem

It's simple math.

You're demanding keep what, out of what?

I'm quite sure you oppose gay marriage, as the whole reason you started this thread

Not at all.

How about instead of redfining roles we abandon the notion there are roles in the first place? Then everyone's happy and can define their thing the way that works for them.

That's just the marketplace at work... I mean, because people who are hung up on gender roles can just buy a bride from overseas.

emilynghiem

Why do you rely on information that only goes back to 1960?

My, my, aren't we touchy? By the way, lack of a mother or father has a deleterious effect on children.

Forum List

Back