The Rock's dad, WWE hall of famer Rocky Johnson has died

He used to wrestle here in Portland for a while back in the early 80's often teaming up with Iceman Parsons. RIP Rocky!

Playboy Buddy Rose, Johnson's opponent, passed on a few years ago

There was a wrestler here that went by the moniker The Polish Prince. Think his name was Ed Wiskowski. He was also known as Colonel DeBeers.

He used to wrestle here in Portland for a while back in the early 80's often teaming up with Iceman Parsons. RIP Rocky!

Playboy Buddy Rose, Johnson's opponent, passed on a few years ago

There was a wrestler here that went by the moniker The Polish Prince. Think his name was Ed Wiskowski. He was also known as Colonel DeBeers.

Colonel Debeers was from Johannesburg, South Africa, and achieved the rank of Mercenary in the army of the Union of South Africa. Very racist, refused to fight Superfly Snuka because Snuka wasn't white.

Steroids shorten life

I don't think that Rocky Johnson used steroids. A lot of the real old timers didn't. Guys like Haystacks Calhoun, Andre the Giant and my grandmother's favorite, Bruno Sammartino, never thought about using them.
Yeah. Think steroid use started with Superstar Billy Graham.

The East German Women's Olympic team probably used them before Superstar Graham. But Graham was the first prominent steroid user in wrestling.

The Rock has paid tribute to his dad Rocky after he sadly passed away earlier this week, saying: "Dad, I wish I had one more shot to tell you, I love you, before you crossed over to the other side. But you were ripped away from me so fast without warning. Gone in an instant and no coming back. Im in pain. But we both know it’s just pain and it’ll pass. Now I’ll carry your mana and work ethic with me, as it’s time to move on because I have my family to feed and work to accomplish ... I love you dad and I’ll always be your proud and grateful son. Go rest high."

Rock will be angry!

The Rock's wrestler dad Rocky Johnson dies aged 75

EOWxD4lWkAA18fU
Sad when people die.
Not sure why anyone cares specifically about a fake wrestler... but I wish the family peace in general.

Sad when people die.
Not sure why anyone cares specifically about a fake wrestler... but I wish the family peace in general.

Professional wrestling is one of America and the world's most popular sports, and the tremendous Rocky Johnson was a fine competitor. The controversy about whether the sport is "fake" or not has gone on for generations, but IMHO, is pretty irrelevant. Planning out matches in advance helps to ensure an entertaining match for the Fans who are very real.

The great Mike Tyson pointed out that he had more fun, and felt better about his competition in the WWE ring than he did at boxing. Ditto with world boxing champions like the Tremendous Primo Carnera and Floyd Money Mayweather

Sad when people die.

Professional wrestling is one of America and the world's most popular sports, and the tremendous Rocky Johnson was a fine competitor. The controversy about whether the sport is "fake" or not has gone on for generations, but IMHO, is pretty irrelevant. Planning out matches in advance helps to ensure an entertaining match for the Fans who are very real.

The great Mike Tyson pointed out that he had more fun, and felt better about his competition in the WWE ring than he did at boxing. Ditto with world boxing champions like the Tremendous Primo Carnera and Floyd Money Mayweather

Of course they did. You don't actually get beat up generally in a choreographed pre-determined act. And equally, of course fans are generally more entertained. This is logical, since fighting in real life, is not like a fictional choreographed fight. This is why movie fights are more interesting, that real boxing too.

And by the way, this is why some people in pro wrestling can move seamlessly into movies. Both are basically acting jobs.

And in fact, all sports are less interesting than the movies or any made fake fake sport would be. It's just like 'reality TV'... reality TV is more interesting than reality, because reality TV is fake. It's scripted.

Real life, just like real sports, just like real fighting, is always less entertaining 'pro wrestling' or the movies. Have you seen some of the big MMA fights? Guy walks out, gets a heavy hit, falls down. Fights over in 2 minutes. That's real. And the guy taking the hit, is really hurt. Not nearly as much fun for the people taking the punches, or the audience watching them.

Regardless.... I don't understand why the public cares so much about these people. Even real athletes, honestly... they are just athletes, or movie stars... why care? At least with keanu reeves has made a company that employs people, and makes custom motorcycles that people want, plus his charity work.

But the reality is most of these people have never done anything useful to society in their entire lives. And entertainment, is not something that is actually useful.

I'm sorry, but we can all do with a little less entertainment. You know what you need to survive? Water. Had an old guy from our church died a few years back. He went to every single mission trip to Malawi, building wells, in some villages where 1 in 4 children died every year from water born illness.

That guy is dead, and no one put a post on this forum about him, when he did more good in any given year of his life, than some of these wrestling, athletes and actors, have done in their entire lives. And unlike the few of these people who actually give money.... he was on the ground, in the heat, digging a well, installing filtration systems, and setting up purification systems.

So I know said it's fake, and it is... at least Mike Tyson was taking the hits when he got hit.... but my real beef is that in general we care way too much about these people who do little... and not enough about the people who do much.

Sad when people die.

It’s not a sport. It is a performance.

" “Soul Man” good friend and loyal to the end, looking eye to eye with your son telling him how you were always good to me made the day for me.The love 4 you Rocky will never die,RIP my brother,I will see you again love HH" - Eloquent Hulk Hogan

Forum List

Back