The risk of rep

Pos or neg rep?

• I pos repped MountainMan

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • I neg repped MountainMan

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
I think this rep business is useless. It isn't a good indication of anything other than if you have friends on the board that have massive amounts of rep and they rep you every chance they get, your rep is going to climb real fast, as evident by some here. What they've said to get the rep is of little or no consequence. Other people that have friends with little amounts of rep that rep each other, their rep takes forever to go up. So the only real indication of how much rep you have is how much rep your friends have. Other than that it's pretty much worthless, and too many people here abuse it and worship it. I think the board would be better off if they just did away with it.

Well, I sure hope it is not an indication of anything...I have been a member since early 2007 and my rep points are less than some who just joined within the past few months or even year....though after joining here I did spend almost a year over at DP as JohnDoe and stopped posting here so, I suppose that is why my rep could be down? Either way, I still feel inefficient or noneffective....I think it is a girl thing, or maybe it is covetousness, (jealousy, envy) and I am breaking the 10th commandment? :eek:

care

I think this rep business is useless. It isn't a good indication of anything other than if you have friends on the board that have massive amounts of rep and they rep you every chance they get, your rep is going to climb real fast, as evident by some here. What they've said to get the rep is of little or no consequence. Other people that have friends with little amounts of rep that rep each other, their rep takes forever to go up. So the only real indication of how much rep you have is how much rep your friends have. Other than that it's pretty much worthless, and too many people here abuse it and worship it. I think the board would be better off if they just did away with it.

Well, I sure hope it is not an indication of anything...I have been a member since early 2007 and my rep points are less than some who just joined within the past few months or even year....though after joining here I did spend almost a year over at DP as JohnDoe and stopped posting here so, I suppose that is why my rep could be down? Either way, I still feel inefficient or noneffective....I think it is a girl thing, or maybe it is covetousness, (jealousy, envy) and I am breaking the 10th commandment? :eek:

care

I'm just trying to catch up to you, and you aren't helping.

It's that nasty looking avatar that keeps the rep away...I am with Louissa...Not looking friendly at all.

Forum List

Back