The Rise of Skywalker

..after that last crap Star Wars, I don't think I'll be paying to see another one

Star Wars 9 trailer - Bing video

This really looks interesting

and then, there’s this:

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

A game? Sure doesn’t look like one to me

Movies are looking more like games, games are looking more like movies.

I don't think this is a positive development, but I'm totally old person on this point.

yes big difference from the epics like Ben Hur and Ten Commandments/etc
or Waterloo with Rod Steiger
....Pearl Harbor with Affleck was a disgrace--not only computer crap, but they also used nuclear carriers/modern DDs

....Pearl Harbor with Affleck was a disgrace--not only computer crap, but they also used nuclear carriers/modern DDs

I agree, it was an awful movie.

That said, the much better movie Tora, Tora, Tora didn't have CGI, but they made the same kind of continuity errors. US Essex class carriers were used to stand in for Japanese ones, American planes being painted with Japanese markings and so on.

We could also pick apart historical inaccuracies in Waterloo or Ben Hur or the Ten Commandments. I'm usually a terrible person to watch historical films with because I get very wrapped around the axle about them, and don't even get me started on Gladiator.

I read where they actually built the Chariot Race arena for the old Ben Hur

And when was the last time you sat down and watched the whole of Ben Hur?

We all pine for these old movies, but most of them weren't all that good.

That said, the much better movie Tora, Tora, Tora didn't have CGI, but they made the same kind of continuity errors. US Essex class carriers were used to stand in for Japanese ones, American planes being painted with Japanese markings and so on.

We could also pick apart historical inaccuracies in Waterloo or Ben Hur or the Ten Commandments. I'm usually a terrible person to watch historical films with because I get very wrapped around the axle about them, and don't even get me started on Gladiator.

I've got the Tora DVD--they also show the Cross that was built in 1962 in the movie
I was stationed on Oahu for 4 years
....I was really talking about the extras used in those movies ..and they didn't use computer graphics
Waterloo
t consumed $38,300,000 and employed over 18,000 Soviet soldiers and 3000 horses.
french_cavalry_attack_3.jpg

Waterloo

The only intriguing thing in the SW IX trailer occurs at the very end. That raised an eyebrow.

...I watched Ben Hur maybe about 2 years ago--I don't want to see them every year or else they would get monotonous
..I've got the Ten Commandments DVD--but that also comes on every year

I've got the Tora DVD--they also show the Cross that was built in 1962 in the movie
....I was really talking about the extras used in those movies ..and they didn't use computer graphics
Waterloo

That's fine and all... but frankly, you can acheive the same thing with computer graphics a lot cheaper.

Waterloo

That's fine and all... but frankly, you can acheive the same thing with computer graphics a lot cheaper.
I disagree---you can tell the computer stuff is fake--real humans are real

Forum List

Back