The rise and rise of Climate Blasphemy

Interesting read on wind power and Demark

During peak demand conventional power stations step up production and route power to consumers. Click here to see a realtime view of power generation in Denmark, the worlds largest producer of wind energy. Wind turbines generate electricity about 30% of the time. The remaining 70% of the time there is either not enough wind, or too much wind. So they cannot replace traditional power stations. To match one conventional power station output takes 300 square miles of wind turbine towers.

Read the whole thing here:
Wind Power Projects - FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

Last edited:
Gee, where have I heard that before?

Oh, that's right..it's what I've been saying ALL ALONG.

It's idiotic to cut our oil supply BEFORE we have viable alternatives.

Gee, where have I heard that before?

Oh, that's right..it's what I've been saying ALL ALONG.

It's idiotic to cut our oil supply BEFORE we have viable alternatives.

I think what is even more important than that is that it takes 300 Sq miles of windmills to replace on conventional power plant. So with 60,000 Sq miles of windmills we would only replace 200 conventional power plants!!!!

Put that in your pipe and smoke it Kirk.

Last edited:
Yup. Another thing that city-dwellers seem to selectively forget. Right up there with, "Hey, there's lots of land out there that's not being used for us to plant hemp!"

Flipping morons.

Yup. Another thing that city-dwellers seem to selectively forget. Right up there with, "Hey, there's lots of land out there that's not being used for us to plant hemp!"

Flipping morons.

LOL yep, though I would point out Industrial Hemp can be grown in Areas where nothing else is. Like the Badland of the Dakotas for instance.

Damn hippies!!!

No, they're not hippies, regardless of how they dress. They're fakes.

They're fucking trustafrians, mostly.

I'm a recovering (and failed) hippie, and believe me, there's a lot more to that noble state of mind than wearing berkenstocks and driving a volvo.

Hipdom is a life's philosophy, not a fashion statement or the mere possession of few radical beliefs.

Jesus was a hippie, dude.

As was Diogenes, Buddha, and Ghandi, just to name a few.

It takes seeing the world as it is, and then looking past that to what it could be, and then understanding why it can never be that, too.

There are people who would be offended if I called them hippies, who are unbeknowst to themselves, some of the hippest people I know.

Why don't you just TOTALLY misrepresent my point of view?

We have had 34 years to rid ourselves of dependence on foreign oil. Isn't it about time we got started? The technology is there. If we took the $700 billion dollars we wasted on Iraq, and used it for clean energy, we would be almost there.

Actually if we had not stopped our nuclear programs 20 years ago we would have less dependence as well, another Eco fruit cake caused situation.

As for you, I have not called YOU an Eco Fruitcake, are you saying you fit that description? I have pointed out that they have consistantly demanded stupid ignorant things and oppose the use of science to solve our problems.

maunaloa_CO2graph.jpg

And so 600000 years ago, what caused the carbon and exactly what cleaned it up, IF it is what caused the heat?

Once again carbon is a fraction of a percent of the atmosphere and has a diminishing effect on heating as it increases. Try some real science for a change.

We are the ones cutting our economic throats by not embracing clean energy.

The Danes already get 20% of their energy from wind power. Are the Danes smarter than us?

No, they are less than 1/100th our size and possess a homogeneous society.

Why don't you just TOTALLY misrepresent my point of view?

We have had 34 years to rid ourselves of dependence on foreign oil. Isn't it about time we got started? The technology is there. If we took the $700 billion dollars we wasted on Iraq, and used it for clean energy, we would be almost there.

According to Al Gore, your disciple, it will cost three to four TRILLION and about 20 years of time to make this transition. If we hadn't spent the money in Iraq we would have spent it in Afghanistan or even more elsewhere by now.

Actually the chart is dated. We are up to 388ppm now.

We have increased CO2 in the atmosphere by 39% in the last 200 years. Soon we will have doubled it. CO2 is now at the highest level in recorded history, and the Antarctic ice core records go back 600,000 years. We are warming the planet.

First off carbon dioxide content has not come anywhere close even that 39% increase in 200 years. Even if it was 10X it would STILL be a TRACE gas.

The total sum of warming since 1900 has been .7 F up to 2005. The last two winters have wiped out almost 100% of the 100+ years of warming....in only TWO YEARS. Why? Solar activity is now at lowest level in almost 100 years.

Hmmm.... the Sun effects climate. What a novel idea......

First off carbon dioxide content has not come anywhere close even that 39% increase in 200 years. Even if it was 10X it would STILL be a TRACE gas.

The total sum of warming since 1900 has been .7 F up to 2005. The last two winters have wiped out almost 100% of the 100+ years of warming....in only TWO YEARS. Why? Solar activity is now at lowest level in almost 100 years.

Hmmm.... the Sun effects climate. What a novel idea......

I am so tired of arguing with people who lie. Why do you lie when it is so easy to prove you are lying?

CO2 in 1800 was 280ppm. Now it is 388ppm. You do the math.

Most of the North Pole melted in the last 50 years. In 1900 Glacier National Park had 150 glaciers. Now they have fewer than 50.

No, they are less than 1/100th our size and possess a homogeneous society.

Oh, Daddy! We can't do alternative energy! It's HARD!

Thanks for proving my point. We are the RICHEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD.

The last three letters of American are ICAN.

Although wind currently produces about 1% of world-wide electricity use,[2] it accounts for approximately 19% of electricity production in Denmark, 9% in Spain and Portugal, and 6% in Germany and the Republic of Ireland (2007 data). Globally, wind power generation increased more than fivefold between 2000 and 2007.[1]

Wind power - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Other countries are using windpower successfully. Why aren't we?

I think what is even more important than that is that it takes 300 Sq miles of windmills to replace on conventional power plant. So with 60,000 Sq miles of windmills we would only replace 200 conventional power plants!!!!

Put that in your pipe and smoke it Kirk.

I really feel sorry for you.

What if every new home in America was equiped with solar shingles and a small wind turbine. How many square miles would that be?

Oh, Daddy! We can't do alternative energy! It's HARD!

Thanks for proving my point. We are the RICHEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD.

The last three letters of American are ICAN.

Holy shit-----no wonder you love Obama. You about as full of cheerleader slogans as he is. :cuckoo:

New Topics

Forum List

Back