The rise and rise of Climate Blasphemy

Angel Heart

Conservative Hippie
Jul 6, 2007
Portland, Oregon
The rise and rise of Climate Blasphemy | spiked
Monday 21 July 2008
The rise and rise of Climate Blasphemy
Today’s Ofcom ruling on The Great Global Warming Swindle strengthens the censorious forcefield around climate change experts.
Brendan O’Neill

The blasphemy laws are dead and buried in Britain. Courtesy of the Criminal Justice and Immigration Act, which passed into law on 8 July 2008, it is no longer a common law offence to speak or publish any contemptuous, reviling, scurrilous or ludicrous words relating to God, Jesus Christ or the Bible. Thank Christ (or whoever) for that.

Yet just as religious blasphemy collapses under the weight of satirical operas featuring Jesus Christ in a nappy and shelf-hogging books about why God is dead, or a bastard, or both, so a new form of scientific blasphemy is emerging to take its place.

You can say what you like about Jesus, Mary and Joseph, but say anything reviling, scurrilous or ludicrous about a climate change scientist and you will be punished. You won’t receive a literal lashing, but you will get a metaphorical one. Speak ill of a climate expert and you’re likely to be stuck in the stocks of the public media and branded as a fact-denying, truth-distorting threat to public morals.

More...

I read through the article and it looks like someone was censured for lying about what someone else said.

Big deal.

Wait till the greens gain enough votes here.

Never gonna happen.

Here's why...the green leadership are a bunch of no-account trustafarians scions who don't have a clue what the working class are going though.

I rubbed elbows with Maine's Green elite and let me tell you, they didn't impress me as particularly deep social thinkers.

If those pampered scions ever look like they've got a chance in hell of winning locally, hell, sport, I'LL join the Republican party.

And while most of my departed forefathers would probably spin in their graves if I did so, that would be far preferable than the guys I associate as "the Greens' leadership" in charge of my society.

The only kind of person I think is stupider than a middle class neo-con is an upper class scion Green who thinks he knows what best for my class of people that he has nothing but badly vieled contempt for.

Last edited:
Never gonna happen.

Here's why...the green leadership are a bunch of no-account trustafarians scions who don't have a clue what the working class are going though.

I rubbed elbows with Maine's Green elite and let me tell you, they didn't impress me as particularly deep social thinkers.

If those pampered scions ever look like they've got a chance in hell of winning locally, hell, sport, I'LL join the Republican party.

And while most of my departed forefathers would probably spin in their graves if I did so, that would be far preferable than the guys I associate as "the Greens' leadership" in charge of my society.

The only kind of person I think is stupider than a middle class neo-con is an upper class scion Green who thinks he knows what best for my class of people that he has nothing but badly vieled contempt for.

Damn hippies!!!

Damn hippies!!!

Retards is more like it. They are opposed to a carbon scrubber. They don't want science, they want us to move into caves. Well of course they will have to keep the cars, houses a, boats and jets to ensure the rest of us don't pollute.

Don't wait for world on climate: poll | The Australian

Not an issue here.

According to Newspoll, Australians overwhelmingly believe climate change is under way now and that humans are partly or entirely responsible.

When asked if climate change was caused by human activity, 96 per cent said it was entirely or partly caused by human activity; 84 per cent believed climate change was currently occurring.

On the issue of an emissions trading scheme, the strongest support for Australia introducing such a system "regardless of what other countries do" was among Labor voters at 68 per cent, women at 68 per cent and people aged between 35 and 49 years at 65 per cent.

Now, I'll check back later for all the calumny about us gullible Australians! :lol:

I really don't care if you "Blokes" cut your own economic throats, just don't ask us for help when you can't provide for your selves later.

We are the ones cutting our economic throats by not embracing clean energy.

The Danes already get 20% of their energy from wind power. Are the Danes smarter than us?

We are the ones cutting our economic throats by not embracing clean energy.

The Danes already get 20% of their energy from wind power. Are the Danes smarter than us?

Right. we have, through science, continued to make cleaner and cleaner engines and power stations. And now we have carbon scrubbers. Ohh wait the eco fruit cakes don't want us to use them, they want us to just quit using power all together.

Which means food rationing, energy rationing, population reduction/die off and a huge step back socially, economically, every way you look at it.

Right. we have, through science, continued to make cleaner and cleaner engines and power stations. And now we have carbon scrubbers. Ohh wait the eco fruit cakes don't want us to use them, they want us to just quit using power all together.

Why don't you just TOTALLY misrepresent my point of view?

We have had 34 years to rid ourselves of dependence on foreign oil. Isn't it about time we got started? The technology is there. If we took the $700 billion dollars we wasted on Iraq, and used it for clean energy, we would be almost there.

"More carbon dioxide dissolves in the oceans than is given off."
The Case of the Missing Carbon -- National Geographic

The whole ridiculous carbon footprint thing is a pipe dream.

Meanwhile, we're enjoying one of the coldest summers in local memory..and it looks like an early winter as well.

Where's the global warming? Not here.....

maunaloa_CO2graph.jpg

Oh great. A chart.

Means nothing.

Actually the chart is dated. We are up to 388ppm now.

We have increased CO2 in the atmosphere by 39% in the last 200 years. Soon we will have doubled it. CO2 is now at the highest level in recorded history, and the Antarctic ice core records go back 600,000 years. We are warming the planet.

Forum List

Back