The Right's Toxic Spill threatens Republicans

Obama thinks he can run the clock down with his side up by continuing to do nothing about the leak except to blame it on Bush and Barton.

This is not a winning strategy but one I hope Dems will wholeheartedly embrace.

Crusader Frank, can you link us to anything Bush 1 did for the valdez disaster? Better yet, a link to anyone critising him for not saying or doing anything. ?

I saw a clip of him mentioning the word valdez but he was just saying he will deep drill for more oil....thats it.

Help me out dude. I gave up.

Sorry, I was researching Teddy Roosevelt's pathetic response to the San Fran Quake in '06. Where was FEMA? Why didn't he used the Internet?

Bush I? Valdez?

The good news is that you're a 1.2-1 favorite in the upcoming a "Biggest Fucking Retard on USMB" Contest

The GOP is being hurt by threats on different fronts. For instance, the tea party is insistingon candidates that have very little chance to win. Locally, in the 5th District in Virginia, the GOP chose a congressional candidate that was not conservative enough for one tea party member, so he is running as an independent. He will probably pull enough votes from the GOP dude to steal the election for the Democrat, who was elected two years ago by less than 400 votes. This is playing out all over the Country.

TEA BAG EXPRESS RIDES AGAIN!

While I can certainly understand why people object to the FEDS overseeing compensation for damages, we all know that if we left it to the courts for each person who has suffered damages, that BPs lawyers could make it damned near impossible for most people to ever get compensated.

So if any of you have a superior plan, I'd like to hear it.

While I can certainly understand why people object to the FEDS overseeing compensation for damages, we all know that if we left it to the courts for each person who has suffered damages, that BPs lawyers could make it damned near impossible for most people to ever get compensated.

You might have looked into how the families of the 9/11 victims fared in court before posting this.

Weak, misleading and, as usual, cherry picking Rush's comments to give a false impression. Of course BP should pay out of pocket for economic damages on the gulf coast. But having the feds be the ones that are in charge of managing the undwritting claims of this escrow account is just setting it up for massive fraud and misuse sence the federal government has proven it doesn't have the ability to operate a lemonade stand. It should be handled by a third party mediator. Now quit tongue punching Olbermann in the fart box and waisting our time with your predictable mental vomit. :ahole-1:

L.....M..........B...........O:clap2:

Obama thinks he can run the clock down with his side up by continuing to do nothing about the leak except to blame it on Bush and Barton.

This is not a winning strategy but one I hope Dems will wholeheartedly embrace.

Crusader Frank, can you link us to anything Bush 1 did for the valdez disaster? Better yet, a link to anyone critising him for not saying or doing anything. ?

I saw a clip of him mentioning the word valdez but he was just saying he will deep drill for more oil....thats it.

Help me out dude. I gave up.

How did LBJ do after the Prince William Sound, Alaska Quake? Was he too busy plotting the next political enemy he was going to have assassinated?

Historic Earthquakes

Its fascinating..........this whole notion of the federal government forcing compensation by decree without any due process of law.........and the utter level of naive on the part of those with liberal views.

Makes me think about a long line of cows being led to slaughter in a slaughterhouse. Imagine for a moment.........the cow about 2 mintues from being hacked into 1,000 pieces watches his buddy turned into head cheeseand utters to the next in line, "Cool..........this is the line we want to be on s0n!!!"

I wonder what the response would have been if the question had been "Do you support the government shakedown of BP and takeover of that company?"

Its fascinating..........this whole notion of the federal government forcing compensation by decree without any due process of law.........and the utter level of naive on the part of those with liberal views.

Makes me think about a long line of cows being led to slaughter in a slaughterhouse. Imagine for a moment.........the cow about 2 mintues from being hacked into 1,000 pieces watches his buddy turned into head cheeseand utters to the next in line, "Cool..........this is the line we want to be on s0n!!!"

No one from BP is saying anything about being MADE to pay anything. The thought of idiots complainint about money for the victims is amazing to me. AMAZING.

Rush Rules!

I wonder what the response would have been if the question had been "Do you support the government shakedown of BP and takeover of that company?"

Your credibility will ALWAYS be in question Rabbi. See below.

(Oh and the "shakedown" is not repeated by BP dummy. Obama made it so the victims will be paid for so you are against them?)

They're not naive, they are the Obama Youth, goosestepping to the sound of their new Fuhrer

obama_youth.jpg

Your credibility will ALWAYS be in question Rabbi. See below.

(Oh and the "shakedown" is not repeated by BP dummy. Obama made it so the victims will be paid for so you are against them?)

Yours isn't. You are entirely credible as a left wing tool bag and general ignoramus on all topics. Sir, I congratulate your achievement!

What? The right's insane pro-BP stance as advanced by the likes of Rush Limbaugh (and most of the lesser Limbaugh's in the rightwing media) Joe Barton, Michelle Bachmann,

that toxic spill.

CBS poll just out:

"Please tell me whether you approve or disapprove of each of the following actions by the federal government. . . ."

"Creating a fund of billions of dollars to compensate workers and businesses that have been affected by the oil spill that would be paid by BP but administered by a neutral party"

Approve: 82%

Disapprove: 18%

Energy

Dang! For all of the crazy out of the mainstream contrary to real America kooky positions you've seen the rightwing herd get on board,

when have you EVER seen one more unpopular than that?

Gracias, el Rushbo!

What third party? The so called third party is an Administration official.

You clearly don't know what the agreement was. But be comforted in the fact that most of your rightwing pals don't either.

The right's plan was for the federal government to leave BP alone.

Governor Bobby Jindal

June 21, 2010

"We are fighting a war. There is no doubt that the ongoing BP oil spill is a full frontal assault on our Louisiana way of life...

...and as you see in this thread, the right has not sided with America in what Bobby Jindal calls a war...

Of course he might be full of shit to call it a war. You could take that view.

Nonetheless, the right has decided that their imagined Constitutional rights of a foreign enemy are more important...

Governor Bobby Jindal

June 21, 2010

"We are fighting a war. There is no doubt that the ongoing BP oil spill is a full frontal assault on our Louisiana way of life...

...and as you see in this thread, the right has not sided with America in what Bobby Jindal calls a war...

Nonetheless, the right has decided that their imagined Constitutional rights of a foreign enemy are more important...

Continuing your quest for "Toolbag of the Year" award.
His war is against an insensitive, incompetent administration in Washington that has repeatedly flubbed this play.

Governor Bobby Jindal

June 21, 2010

His war is against an insensitive, incompetent administration in Washington that has repeatedly flubbed this play.

REALLY? And how is this administration responsible for the leaking oil well, exactly?

"The RIGHT'S toxic spill?"

Who gave the Deepwater Horizon a safety award???? Ohhh that's right... The Obama administration.

Governor Bobby Jindal

June 21, 2010

REALLY? And how is this administration responsible for the leaking oil well, exactly?

Reading comprehension lacking much? Where did anyone--anyone at all on this board--maintain the administration was responsible?

Forum List

Back