The Right’s Race Deafness

the blacks don't want discussion
they want to use violence to get their way
.....they said they would burn/loot/riot if they didn't get a guilty verdict in the Jason Stockley case
..they are uncivil/stupid/etc

Some of it is willful ignorance. Some of it is pure dishonesty. To claim racism doesn't still exist is either a blatant lie or profound and disturbing denial.

And, at the same time, some of it is having it constantly shoved in their face, constant accusations, constant assumptions, constantly having to defend themselves, constantly having race shoved in their face by the very same people who claim to not want people to see skin color.

Plenty of blame to go around on this issue, some pretty amazing denial, but as usual, it's only the "other guy's" fault.

This country is suffering from acute intellectual myopia, and that condition may be permanent. We no longer have the capacity to solve our problems.
You will never see a black person say or suggest that they don't want people to see skin color. Never. Well, perhaps if they're a rabid rightwinger, we do have some of those, but that's about it.
So Morgan Freeman is a rabid rightwinger?

And, at the same time, some of it is having it constantly shoved in their face, constant accusations, constant assumptions, constantly having to defend themselves,
With only evidence to back it up.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Stormy Mac reminds me of the sex obsessed guy who took a Rorschach test, and saw a obscene image in each one.... When the Shrink said, "Mr. Mac, you are obsessed with sex.", he replied, "Me? You're the one with all the dirty pictures!"

Of course, America is still racist.. but it's not just the overt racism of the cop who pulls over the person for "Driving While Black".

It's the more subtle racism of bosses who are white males, who probably tell themselves they aren't racist, but hire and promote other whites because they identify with them.

Worked at a company, where in 2012, we had three people leave our department.

One was a middle aged Asian American woman who had been with the company for a decade.

The second was a 30-something African American woman who had been with the company for two years.

The third was a pretty young white intern.

Guess which one the guy found time to go to lunch with before she left, while with the other two, he was "Too Busy".
This is supposed to be racist and somehow improper ? Pheeew! :rolleyes: This is a perfect example of liberalism as a mental disorder. So now we are supposed to conclude that there's something wrong with going out to lunch with a woman who one finds attractive ? HA HA. This is so nuts I can't even bring myself to conclude that I get the idea of the post.

Secondly, the term "African American" ,to describe black people, is incorrect. The correct term is "black". Please don't make that mistake again.

can you say ''right's race ''' 3 times fast ??

--I've asked a million times for someone to prove that all these incidents are because of race..I've received no answers--because they are NOT racial

Actually, you just didn't want to hear it, not what people told you.

Read officer's Wilson's Testimony.... Mike Brown was a demon from hell to hear him tell it.... you know, not a kid with his hands up.

• Thanks
Sure, there's racism from all parts of the spectrum, but none are anywhere close, in magnitude, to Affirmative Action, with every US white person being improperly denied, for over 50 years now.

Again, the biggest beneficiaries of AA were WHITE WOMEN, not black men.

Minorities still suffer widespread discrimination, which is why Jamal Washington's resume gets thrown away while Emily Smith gets an interview.

This is supposed to be racist and somehow improper ? Pheeew! :rolleyes: This is a perfect example of liberalism as a mental disorder. So now we are supposed to conclude that there's something wrong with going out to lunch with a woman who one finds attractive ? HA HA. This is so nuts I can't even bring myself to conclude that I get the idea of the post.

Well, he was old enough to be her dad, so if he found her attractive, that was kind of sick..

secondly, um, yeah, someone works hard for your company for a decade, and moves on with her career, you recognize that because it's the decent thing to do...

Secondly, the term "African American" ,to describe black people, is incorrect. The correct term is "black". Please don't make that mistake again.

Um, sorry, guy... Black is this color... most African Americans are THIS COLOR so calling the "Black" isn't accurate.. Calling them African-American is because they were kidnapped from Africa.

Happy to have cleared that up for you.

And, at the same time, some of it is having it constantly shoved in their face, constant accusations, constant assumptions, constantly having to defend themselves,
With only evidence to back it up.
Sometimes, sometimes not. The Regressive Left has so overused the term RACIST! that is has little meaning or impact at this point. They've reduced a terribly important word to an epithet, so now they've had to substitute WHITE NATIONALIST! for it.

We'll never have an "honest discussion about race" as long as both ends of the issue refuse to look in the mirror first.

Again, the biggest beneficiaries of AA were WHITE WOMEN, not black men.

Minorities still suffer widespread discrimination, which is why Jamal Washington's resume gets thrown away while Emily Smith gets an interview.
I'm having to try to guess how many times I've refuted this :lame2: notion in this forum over the past 5 years. Well, it could be 20. Or it could be 50. Or 100. :rolleyes:

Can't believe I'm having to post this yet AGAIN. This dumb talking point continues to be used by affirmative action defenders, despite its obvious falsehood. It would not be a stretch at all to estimate that for every 1 woman helped by AA, 100 are damaged by it (wives, daughters, mothers, etc of discriminated-against white men)

As for minorities suffering discrimination, that IS a sizable stretch, when you consider that millions of minorities (who are shallow enough to accept affirmative action-as I will not), are BENEFICIARIES of that discrimination every day, in quite a number of ways.

Um, sorry, guy... Black is this color... most African Americans are THIS COLOR so calling the "Black" isn't accurate.. Calling them African-American is because they were kidnapped from Africa.

1. "old enough to be her dad" is "sick" ? What is is sick, is YOU. Thousands, If not millions, of couples have a man who is old enough to be the father of the wife. Some movie actor easily come to mind > Clint Eastwood, Sylvester Stallone, Michael Douglas.

2. You stand corrected (again). The term "African American" , to describe black people, is incorrect. The correct term is "black".
Using "African American" to describe blacks in America (with no attachment to Africa) is not just ridiculous, it can also cause confusion and mistaken identities.
I have known 4 guys in my life who immigrated to the US from Africa. They grew up in Africa, are steeped in African culture, and speak African languages (in addition to English). .

All 4 of them immigrated to the US from >> Tanzania, Botswana, South Africa, and Rhodesia (now called Zimbabwe), and became American citizens. All of them are rightfully called "African Americans". All 4 are white.
Happy to clear this up for you.

Last edited:

Read officer's Wilson's Testimony.... Mike Brown was a demon from hell to hear him tell it.... you know, not a kid with his hands up.
So you're saying that the Michael Brown shooting was racist ?

So you're saying that the Michael Brown shooting was racist ?
He got gunned down by the white cop for jaywalking don't ya know!

He got gunned down by the white cop for jaywalking don't ya know!
No, I don't know (think) that. And the reason I don't think that, is because I'm not an idiot. Brown got CONFRONTED for jaywalking.

He got SHOT because he was stupid enough to attack the cop (Darren Wilson)

Conservatives do not need to agree with every criticism made by black Americans of law enforcement and our justice system, but they do need, at a bare minimum, to consider them. They need to acknowledge that they exist.

They need to listen.

The Right’s Race Deafness

Deafness? That's what this is?

I guess it's something to praise, theamericanconservative.com breaking a lance for conservatives to listen to Black Americans' criticism of law enforcement. They absolutely should. And yet, that barely scratches the surface of the malaise, given that for many, for the overwhelming majority of conservatives these days, confirmation bias is the guiding light of their approach to reality, from "government is the problem" to climate science and racism, and pretty much everything in between. Whatever doesn't reinforce, re-confirm, and celebrate the creed is being dismissed out of hand.

And yes, some of that is also present on the left, and in the dwindling center, too. Just look at Mac finding, no matter the issue, the same ill wherever he looks.

The point, it seems to me, is lost to theamericanconservative.com. If it's mere deafness, speaking louder, writing in bigger letters, bringing up things countering the creed more often, should right things. It's pretty clear, though, neither will. For as long as conservatives (by their overwhelming majority) find personal and emotional security by aligning with, and subservience to, their creed, by finding soothing certainty and their primary identity in their creed, another approach is necessary. Darn if I knew what that approach could be, but shouting at them it clearly is not.

• Thanks
No one needs to listen. No one is deaf. This is what happens when people get tired of saying shut up. I don't care. Give black thugs like Michael Brown and Trayvon Martin sainthood if you want. Just shut up about it. Stop demanding attention. You aren't going to get it.
You dont have to listen but we wont shut up. We are going to continue to point it out every time you whine about why Black people dont trust the cops. You dont want to hear then shut your wrinkled pie hole and stop asking us.
No one asks anything. It's part of ignoring you. It doesn't matter whether you shut up or not. Keep yelling. No one is listening.

Well, he was old enough to be her dad, so if he found her attractive, that was kind of sick..

secondly, um, yeah, someone works hard for your company for a decade, and moves on with her career, you recognize that because it's the decent thing to do...

All four of my grandparents were born in Italy.
I don't consider myself Italian-American.

I thought the goal was to be deaf and blind to race?
I wish you inconsistent racists would make up your minds so us normal folks dont have to listen to your bullshit anymore.

I wish you inconsistent racists would make up your minds so us normal folks dont have to listen to your bullshit anymore.

Yes, that would be a goal.

For as long as it isn't reached, for as long as there is systematic racism defacing the nation in general, and law enforcement in particular, race will be and remain on the table as an issue that needs debate, and maybe a solution.

Most "normal folks", I trust, don't confuse the pervasive racism, and the resentments and hatred underpinning the White nationalist ideology, with that which motivates folks who take it upon themselves to point it out.

Yes, that would be a goal.

For as long as it isn't reached, for as long as there is systematic racism defacing the nation in general, and law enforcement in particular, race will be and remain on the table as an issue that needs debate, and maybe a solution.

Most "normal folks", I trust, don't confuse the pervasive racism, and the resentments and hatred underpinning the White nationalist ideology, with that which motivates folks who take it upon themselves to point it out.
There is no systematic racism.
Law enforcement isnt racist.
There are simply racists in their ranks. Huge difference.

Forum List

Back