The right's hatred for Obama: If it isn't "race", then what is it?

Then in the 80's and 90's, it was a combination of "the blacks are taking our jobs and they are on foodstamps/welfare".

No one was saying "the blacks are taking our jobs," in the 80s and 90s. The 80s and 90s were not so long ago that you can just make shit up like that.

They MOST CERTAINLY WERE. That was the heyday of "affirmative action" and the people's angst about it. Just because you are IGNORANT of those facts, doesn't mean "I am making shit up", there sporto.

never heard that were i am at.....it was always the Brownies are taking the jobs....

[...]

So why all the hate? Could the Republican Party being 90% white and based in the Confederate South have anything to do with it?

[...]
I believe the race factor alone has a lot to do with it but I can only guess how much. I'm sure a lot of the antipathy toward Obama has to do with his charismatic nature and his obviously superior intelligence.

I don't know about hate because that is a very powerful emotion and Obama is not an easy person to hate, mainly because fear is by far the most active precursor of hatred and Obama doesn't project any cause to fear him. The antipathy toward him seems to me to be more of a profound resentment.

Bush on the other hand is much easier to hate because that man is capable of extreme evil. He is a truly malevolent sonofabitch.
so in other words.....i would never question anything Obama says or does.....because he is a swell guy.....

IMO the country is pretty much in the same place it was 4 years ago. He hasn't done anything really. I don't feel his policies are responsible for the slight improvment of the economy. What ever recovery we have had is exactly what would have happened if nothing was done to improve or further harm the economy. I can't give him credit for that. But again that's just my opinion.

Having an opinion is good. Having an "informed" opinion is even better. It's easy to go to any search engine and check out the thousands of jobs created by Republicans who voted against Obama's stimulus and then took the money and created those jobs. More than a hundred senators and congressmen in fact. Do we need to name the governors? Some of those stimulus jobs really stand out. For instance, the broad band Internet that was installed was both a huge boon to American infrastructure as well as business.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFLP7HD1s7k]Google Chrome: King Arthur Flour - YouTube[/ame]

I love this commercial. Here is a company that got broadband and then expanded their business to all over the world.

Then there's the railroads that make it easier to move workers, goods and connect communities.

Then there's the bridges. Republicans insist that once the bridge is built, the jobs are over. Are they pretending that bridges don't connect communities and create jobs opportunities, or they just don't understand how these things work?

Then there's the auto industry.

Can you imagine if McCain was president? We would be getting taunting letters from Bin Laden and we would be in the deep depression Republicans worked for under Bush.

i just cant see how so many righties here think Dean just doesn't know what he is talking about.....look at this post....just remember....Dean said Cutting the Education Budget=ending Education,shutting it down,no more learning.....is that profound or what?....the guy should be taken very seriously....

The right hated FDR, Carter and Clinton just as bad as they do Obama. They don't care what color he is. But they do use racism to win over racist votes. Republicans and tea baggers will say racist things at their rallies to try and stir up the racist voters.

come out to California and see what your buddies say to the Latinos out here to stir them up.....

I don't hate Obama the person, but I thoroughly disagree with his politics and how he has handled things so far. I think there are plenty of racists out there that probably hate him because he's "not white" but they are not the majority when it comes to not liking a liberal President. Most dislike him because of his politics. It's just that those people are "boring" so the media and people with cell phones taking pictures aren't going to focus on anyone but the idiots out there and the racists.

no you don't.....you cant fool me.....Dean says you hate the guy because he is Black....did you not see his Link proving that?.....Dean knows Republicans better than the Republicans know themselves....true story.....

We've asked the right wing to explain their hatred for Obama. They've pretty much given up on it because when they attempt to assign a reason, it comes across as "ridiculous".

We hate him because he's a "Muslim". They've stopped saying that because it uncovers their religious intolerance. We know he's not a Muslim. So we don't really hear that too much anymore. Besides, he took out most of al Qaeda and Bin Laden after Republicans let Bin Laden go and stopped looking for him.

We hate him because he's "Communist/Fascist/Marxist" which shows the right doesn't understand the meaning of those words.

We hate him because he went to a church where a preacher said "God Damn America". In context, the preacher saying God damn America is what will happen if we don't follow God's scripture, which puts him in agreement with at least 85% of Republicans.

We hate him because he barely know's Bill Ayers, a man who blew up an office while protesting the Vietnam war. Wow, how could one man cause so much damage? Oh wait, ask Timothy McVeigh. And Ayers did it when Obama was 8 years old, which proves he was "in on it".:cuckoo: Funnier still, they both worked at the Annenberg Foundation, a right wing, conservative foundation, but on separate boards. They rarely met. But there has to be "something". There just has to be. There has to.

We hate him because he is pulling out of Iraq/he stayed in Iraq - I wish they would make up their minds.

We hate him because he increased the national debt. Bush and the Republicans passed an enormous tax cut targeting the rich DURING A TIME OF WAR which passed through that "reconciliation" they seem to hate so much. They passed a "drugs for votes" bill again through reconciliation, Bush did nothing after Katrina, never included the cost of either war in his budgets, thereby making incredible lies to the American people about the cost of the wars. Republicans know that Obama couldn't just "end" Bush policies, they know it doesn't work that way, yet they still accuse him of following the worst Bush policies, which of course, were ALL Bush policies.

They hate him for his stimulus package. Over a hundred Republicans took stimulus money and created thousands of jobs. Republicans like to pretend that once the railroad is build, there are no more jobs. Except now, goods can be transported and workers can work from farther away. The same for bridges and roads and broadband.

They hate him for saving the auto industry. Imagine where we would be without that entire industry.

None of these reasons make sense. As hard as they try to spin Obama's success into failure, it's hollow. Too unbelievable. Look how hard they tried to suggest that Obama only got Bin Laden because of the Republican failed policies of torture. John McCain shot that down. That and the tape of Bush insisting he doesn't think about Bin Laden any more. I believe Bush.

So why all the hate? Could the Republican Party being 90% white and based in the Confederate South have anything to do with it?

obamabucks3.jpg

racist-tennessee-senator.jpg

Tea-Party-sign.jpg

racism.jpg

Many of the most racist pics were used by Republicans for mass mailouts during the campaign. Of course, they said, "Oh, we're sorry", which of course, didn't stop them from doing it again.

One has to wonder, have the Republicans convinced themselves it's not about race?

All conservatives aren't racists any more than all liberals are loons like you.

It's that Obama isn't competent enough to run a public phone booth.

Yeah, the first time I replied I misinterpreted what you were getting at. I agree, identity politics factor in (on both sides of the isle, in fact). Politicians wouldn't use them if they didn't have some value.

My argument, which you were responding to, wasn't that there aren't any group politics in play on the Republican side.

1) My argument was that assuming that it was understood by all middle-class republicans that there were no logically self-interested reasons to vote for a republican in stead of a democrat, and it was purely identity politics pulling them in, 2) is willfully ignoring that not everyone agrees that the democrats are better for the middle class. 3) SOMETIMES identity politics trump self interest. Not universally.

One inescapable observation is that many middle-class Republicans will ignore the appeals of Democrats when they propose things that are better for middle-class self interests, when the arguments get framed in ways that pit identity (belonging to a group) against self-interests.

During campaigns, dentity politics often trumps self-interests, and that is interesting to watch unfold.

On this we agree. All I was getting at is that arguments can be, and often are, made that the president's and the democrat's policies aren't, in the long run, better for the middle class. Thus race (and the broader scope of identity politics) can't be assumed to be the only reason republicans disagree with the president.

That said, one of my major complaints with people in general is exactly that: their ability to be swayed by identity politics on both sides of the isle.

Your complaint is with human nature. Mine too. :redface:

Why am I opposed to President Obama? For the same reason I am opposed to all the Republicans still trying to get the nomination. They are power hungry sons of bitches who want bigger government, redistribution of wealth (mine) and yes, Republicans are as guilty as Obama in this case, want to take away as much of my "personal liberty" as they can and expect me to kiss their asses because they think they are better than me.

Yep, their arrogance pisses me off.

If only common men could take back our leadership! Someone throw some water on me to wake me up please.

Immie

It's not race.
It's incompetence.
He seems like a nice guy. Family man. Good Dad.
He simply incapable of leading this nation. He should return to organizing communities - whatever the hell that is.

I don't hate Obama, I detest his policies, lack of respect for the very foundations and morality that built this country, and his class warfare tactics of pitting those that work and save against those that feel the government owes them a free home, chicken on the stove, free health care, education. Obama is a federalist supreme and I would rather not be told how to wipe my ass.

Pretty racist of Rdean to consider the President a black man first and the head executive of our federal government second. Typical though ... democrats just can't seem to look past the color of a person's skin.

I'm gaining new appreciation for rdean's skill at trolling. He is very effective. Ignorant, yet extremely effective.

Forum List

Back