The Right's Calculated Attempt To Turn Liberals Against Hillary

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
WASHINGTON — A Twitter post recently caught the eye of Bill McKibben, the environmental advocate and godfather of the Keystone XL pipeline protests. It included an image from “The Simpsons” showing Homer and his family basking in mountains of cash in their living room, followed by a report on Hillary Rodham Clinton’s appearing at a fund-raiser with a lobbyist from the Keystone fight.

Mr. McKibben’s environmental organization, 350.org, has been trying to raise awareness about the ties it sees between lobbyists for the oil pipeline and former aides to Mrs. Clinton. He promptly shared the post with his 150,000 Twitter followers, and the reaction was immediate.

“You expect different from a Clinton?” one person responded on Twitter. And from another: “Did you need another reason not to vote for Hillary Clinton?” Lost in the response was the source of the offending tweet. It was not another environmental organization or even a liberal challenger to Mrs. Clinton. Instead, it was a conservative group called America Rising PAC, which is trying, with laserlike focus, to weaken the woman who almost everyone believes will be the Democratic Party’s candidate for president in 2016.

Much More: The Right Baits the Left to Turn Against Hillary Clinton - The New York Times

I doubt most Liberals will take the bait. Since the right has no strong candidates - they will rabidly try to weaken Hillary. Their strategy speaks volumes for who they are. I support Hillary because she is far better than anything the right has to offer. She ain't perfect - but she's far better than the opposition.

Those who choose to vote for Mrs Clinton will be doing so knowing they are voting for a flawed candidate; just as those who vote for whoever the Republicans nominate will likely be doing.

Personally, I choose not to vote for flawed candidates anymore. I haven't in several election cycles; even if it means voting for an Independent candidate, writing my own name in; or not voting for that office on the ballot.

I wanna hear Hillary's stand on the TPP, but then she's not taking question and certainly not volunteering. As a matter of fact I'd like to hear more about the Clinton Foundation, Stephanopoulos, Benghazi and how poor she is, but again, she's not talking.

What does 350 mean anyway? Was that for when 350ppm of CO2 was going to make Guam tip over?

I wanna hear Hillary's stand on the TPP, but then she's not taking question and certainly not volunteering. As a matter of fact I'd like to hear more about the Clinton Foundation, Stephanopoulos, Benghazi and how poor she is, but again, she's not talking.

In other words - you're more interested in Hillary gossip than Hillary facts.

remember when hillary was gonna bring health care to everyone.....vince foster affair....etc and so forth ....personally hillary is not my idea of a good candidate

remember when hillary was gonna bring health care to everyone.....vince foster affair....etc and so forth ....personally hillary is not my idea of a good candidate

When did Republicans try to bring us improved health care? At least Hillary tried. What about Vince Foster?

Well, we are trying to find out what the facts are. I suppose we were misled about her being "flat broke".

WASHINGTON — A Twitter post recently caught the eye of Bill McKibben, the environmental advocate and godfather of the Keystone XL pipeline protests. It included an image from “The Simpsons” showing Homer and his family basking in mountains of cash in their living room, followed by a report on Hillary Rodham Clinton’s appearing at a fund-raiser with a lobbyist from the Keystone fight.

Mr. McKibben’s environmental organization, 350.org, has been trying to raise awareness about the ties it sees between lobbyists for the oil pipeline and former aides to Mrs. Clinton. He promptly shared the post with his 150,000 Twitter followers, and the reaction was immediate.

“You expect different from a Clinton?” one person responded on Twitter. And from another: “Did you need another reason not to vote for Hillary Clinton?” Lost in the response was the source of the offending tweet. It was not another environmental organization or even a liberal challenger to Mrs. Clinton. Instead, it was a conservative group called America Rising PAC, which is trying, with laserlike focus, to weaken the woman who almost everyone believes will be the Democratic Party’s candidate for president in 2016.

Much More: The Right Baits the Left to Turn Against Hillary Clinton - The New York Times

I doubt most Liberals will take the bait. Since the right has no strong candidates - they will rabidly try to weaken Hillary. Their strategy speaks volumes for who they are. I support Hillary because she is far better than anything the right has to offer. She ain't perfect - but she's far better than the opposition.

Matt Groening is a liberal.

Well, we are trying to find out what the facts are. I suppose we were misled about her being "flat broke".

She was at one point. She obviously isn't now. Next?

OH NO!!!!!! its another RIGHT wing conspiracy . I mean why would anyone need to turn people against the UPSTANDING, corrupted, ruthless career politician LIKE the Hillary

it's so damn sad to see you dem voters fall on your knees for this woman who you didn't see FIT to put in As President the FIRST TIME SHE RAN

Forum List

Back