The Right Wing Part of the Media Strike Back Against Glenn Beck

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Think Progress » Right-Wing Radio Host Mark Levin Lashes Out At Glenn Beck: He’s ‘Mindless, ‘Incoherent,’ ‘Pathetic’

Beck’s opinion elicited a fierce and angry response from right-wing radio host Mark Levin yesterday. “To say [McCain] would be worse is mindless, mindless, incoherent as a matter of fact,” Levin said on his radio show. He then suggested Beck is playing politics: “I don’t know who people are playing to. I don’t know why they’re playing to certain people.”

Levin never mentions Beck by name (he refers to Beck as “the 5 pm’er” because Beck’s show airs at 5 pm on Fox News). He concluded with this final dig at Beck:

I think there’s enormous confusion and positioning and pandering. It may be entertaining, but from my perspective, it’s not. It’s pathetic.

Beck is causing consternation for many right wingers these days. Peter Wehner, a former political adviser to President Bush, recently wrote that Beck is “harmful to the conservative movement” because he’s “erratic,” “bizarre,” and is too interested in “conspiracy theories.” And Rush Limbaugh recently suggested to Politico that Beck’s role in promoting the 9/12 protest was “cheap and disingenuous.”

Raw Story notes that, this morning, MSNBC host Joe Scarborough expressed disdain for Fox News’ Glenn Beck. “You cannot preach hatred. You cannot say the president is racist. You cannot say things that have very deadly consequences. I was in Congress in 1995. I know where this can end,” said Scarborough

Thoughts? Opinions? Are they jealous? Are they right? (Made a pun :lol:)

Beck serves a purpose by making people think, and not accept the status quo without questioning it. If he's getting to Levin, Wehner and Scarborough to that degree, someone should tell them that they can change the channel and relieve themselves (I made a pun, too!).

No one ever hits the big time until they are disliked by someone, and negative publicity in this case serves Beck well, because it rallies his fans to the forefront, and brings in new viewers curious to find out what all the flap is about.

Think Progress » Right-Wing Radio Host Mark Levin Lashes Out At Glenn Beck: He’s ‘Mindless, ‘Incoherent,’ ‘Pathetic’

Beck’s opinion elicited a fierce and angry response from right-wing radio host Mark Levin yesterday. “To say [McCain] would be worse is mindless, mindless, incoherent as a matter of fact,” Levin said on his radio show. He then suggested Beck is playing politics: “I don’t know who people are playing to. I don’t know why they’re playing to certain people.”

Levin never mentions Beck by name (he refers to Beck as “the 5 pm’er” because Beck’s show airs at 5 pm on Fox News). He concluded with this final dig at Beck:

I think there’s enormous confusion and positioning and pandering. It may be entertaining, but from my perspective, it’s not. It’s pathetic.

Beck is causing consternation for many right wingers these days. Peter Wehner, a former political adviser to President Bush, recently wrote that Beck is “harmful to the conservative movement” because he’s “erratic,” “bizarre,” and is too interested in “conspiracy theories.” And Rush Limbaugh recently suggested to Politico that Beck’s role in promoting the 9/12 protest was “cheap and disingenuous.”

Raw Story notes that, this morning, MSNBC host Joe Scarborough expressed disdain for Fox News’ Glenn Beck. “You cannot preach hatred. You cannot say the president is racist. You cannot say things that have very deadly consequences. I was in Congress in 1995. I know where this can end,” said Scarborough

Thoughts? Opinions? Are they jealous? Are they right? (Made a pun :lol:)

they have a right to their opinions.. unlike in your communitst amerika

Beck can't call Obama racist but MSNBC can call all the tea-party protestors racist?

liberals have a thing for "what's good for me" is not for thee" one see's it here everyday.

"do as I say, and not as I do" sorta thingy. :lol::lol:

Mark Levin is a Jew. He's no more conservative than Podhoretz, Kristol, Frum, Perle, Wolfowitz or any of the other Israel-First Asswipes.

Peter Wehner, a former political adviser to President Bush, recently wrote that Beck is “harmful to the conservative movement” because he’s “erratic,” “bizarre,”...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrzRhIiLQ08]YouTube - Glenn Beck Meltdown Song - Get Off My Phone You Little Pinhead[/ame]

Beck can't call Obama racist but MSNBC can call all the tea-party protestors racist?

Exactly, signs with Obama as an African witch doctor or the White House lawn littered with watermelon don't prove anything. It could mean anything at all.

Snicker.

Why are the Right wingers in this thread acting like it's Dems saying this stuff? This is all Right Wingers in the media calling out Beck. So are they jealous, are they correct in their comments, or what?

Why are the Right wingers in this thread acting like it's Dems saying this stuff? This is all Right Wingers in the media calling out Beck. So are they jealous, are they correct in their comments, or what?

They're all old guys who don't realize that things ain't like they used to be.

Beck is saying all of Washington is corrupt.

Both Dems and Pubs.

I agree.

So do millions of Americans.

Who in Washington is really looking out for you?

Who is serving the Public interest unselfishly?

Who is toeing the "what's best for America" line instead of "You scratch my back I'll scratch yours".

The answer is "Very, Very Few."

Last edited:
I was unaware that Glenn attacked them. How can they be striking back without an initial strike?

I know the lunatic left here and elsewhere seem to think this means something, But unlike the left, the right doesnt mind difference of opinions.

I was unaware that Glenn attacked them. How can they be striking back without an initial strike?

I know the lunatic left here and elsewhere seem to think this means something, But unlike the left, the right doesnt mind difference of opinions.

:lol: Bullshit, Grade A at that.

Correct, they are racist.

090724%20us%20hc%20racist.jpg

Beck is saying all of Washington is corrupt.

Both Dems and Pubs.

I agree.

So do millions of Americans.

Who in Washington is really looking out for you?

Who is serving the Public interest unselfishly?

Who is toeing the "what's best for America" line instead of "You scratch my back I'll scratch yours".

The answer is "Very, Very Few."

Beck hasn't said anything anti republican since he went to Fox.

Forum List

Back