The Right to Work for less money

LOL now factor in cost of living in union states LOL

His ideology will not allow him to.

Why? It's easy; pick a state; all have union workers.

Alaska has high cost of living, and thus higher wages make it easier to live than lower wages.

Rural Mississippi has low cost of living, and still higher wages make it easier to live than lower wages.

Montana has above average union membership and low cost of living, and still higher wages make it easier to live than lower wages.

What's the point of the poster's query? Got his ass handed to him because he pulled shit out of his ass not knowing the facts and is squirming for a retort? (yeah; that)

Did they teach you fractions in elementary school?
Montana not have a low cost of living.
Food, utilities and insurance are out the roof there.

Easy: take the national average, since union workers riside and work in all 50 states, plus DC.

Take the average of right to work states versus union states for cost of living.
You are the one that is using averages.
How come union workers flock to Georgia leaving their union jobs?
How come we have new roads, new malls and new everything here?
Other than coming south for our beautiful and smart women why else?

Right to work states have unions, but by trying to diminish union influence, wages compress across the board, lowering what folks can charge the living, so businesses are worse off. But no matter.

The point is union workers make more, and in every state and DC, more makes living easier than less. (money for work)

His ideology will not allow him to.

Alaska has high cost of living, and thus higher wages make it easier to live than lower wages.

Rural Mississippi has low cost of living, and still higher wages make it easier to live than lower wages.

Montana has above average union membership and low cost of living, and still higher wages make it easier to live than lower wages.

What's the point of the poster's query? Got his ass handed to him because he pulled shit out of his ass not knowing the facts and is squirming for a retort? (yeah; that)

Obviously you're non union. Sucks to make less doesn't it?

Meanwhile here in more union land, WA, it's higher cost, on the left side of the Cascades. But we make more. Food, utilities and insurance? Shit. Ask the wife. I have no idea. What I stress over is where we're going in Europe next year, and will I be able to ungrade to business class.

BTW, Montana's CLI ranks in the middle, well behind the coasts, plus CO and AZ. Check it out.

Easy: take the national average, since union workers riside and work in all 50 states, plus DC.

Take the average of right to work states versus union states for cost of living.

I'm merely stating average wages of union v non union, and contend making more is better regardless of where you are.

If you think there's some kind of data somewhere showing union workers who make more are not buying more, show me. I'm all fucking ears.

As for GA, I haven't a clue. Have you data on that? But were I to guess why someone would move to a shithole state and non union job, from a union job, is because they lost their union job and will go to wherever they can find something where their skills trump the local dweebs. Just a guess.

Meanwhile, we, in the Seattle area, where folks are well paid and we have high union membership, we have had roads and many malls all my life. We also have great music halls (multiple), and two shiny new stadiums, and worldclass museums, 5 star hotels and nationally ranked restaurants.

So "prosperity" depends on who you ask.

Try to stay with me here: revenue is money coming in; outlays is money going out. Intragovernmental debt is moving numbers around in accounting for stuff, which neither recieves nor spends a fucking cent. It merely accounts for things differently. And when revenue exceeds outlays, they have a word for that: surplus. No shit. Check every branch of government accounting, whether CBO, OMB or CRO, the little triumvirate we tax payers fund to the tune of some $400 million a year to keep our policy-makers informed about shit.

But back in politics land, to keep voters well uniformed, business and poltical interests pay think tanks to come up with pseudo-economic horseshit that the fucking retards can grab onto and spread via message boards and such. And whadaya know about that? Seems it's workin' like a fucking charm.

You should have stopped at "moving stuff around"> Better term is "creative accounting".
Makes the numbers look good.
Your agenda, central planning, is supported by talking points. The latest talking point is "paying their fair share"..Only the takers and parasites are accepting this.
I will ask you again, what does this have to do with state legislatures enacting "right to work" laws?

Nothing. It's merely where the conversation went, which I'm happy to follow since I'm not a moderator here nor one who gives a fuck about staying on-topic if others wish to follow certain tangents. Okie doke?

Meanwhile, nothing too creative about it: we took revenue from payroll taxes and put it into the general fund, rather than suspending it in the Trust Fund, which Greenspan cooked up at the urging of Ronald Reagan, in an effort to deal with so-called SS "problems" (imagined not real problems, which I tend to think was motivated by a desire of the Reagan Admin to insert a virus into SS, so rather than killing it, it might die of the disease they created.) So, today, essentially, SS is a pay-as-you-go system. No prob. We're a rich country.

So what is, is; and now that we're doing it that way, surplus = more revenue than outlays in a fiscal year, which we had for three years, from 1999 thru 2001.

You should have stopped at "nothing".

All others being poorer.

So all others being poor put $$$ in your pocket?

Please tell us that this is not all you have. Please tell us you can do better in defense of your claims.
To date you have offered nothing.

No. Try to stay with me here. "Rich" is merely a comparitive measure. And since every other country on the planet has less riches, we're rich. Hell; RICHEST!!!
Yes, the Keynesian theory of the zero sum game.
Perfect. This theory gives you class envy fools something to hang onto.
The extremists on your side insist there is THEFT occurring on a daily basis.
Obama has it in his head that we here in the US are the problem. He believes but for our wealth, there would be no poverty in the world. Same goes for his view of the "unfair America". But for those with wealth, there would be no poor people.
That is an expression of stupidity. Obama knows this is an idiotic path. But Obama is a politician FIRST. And as a politician he will do whatever it takes to keep people voting democrat. The best way to do this is to pit people against each other by first pushing them into groups. And that is exactly what Obama and the liberals have done. Divided the country.

The nice thing about being non union is you are free to walk out on your employer without notice. I've done it twice. Greatest 2 days in my life. Try it. Its awesome walking out on bad employers and believe me there is a high percentage of terribly bad companies out there to work for. They frankly dont deserve any loyalty by their workers.
Who is "they"?

Ooh, ooh, ooh; I do!

But only, on average, in 2011 (BLS latest summary) of $209 / week more. So not much, really, since that's merely $10,868 more per year.

But we can thank them for helping out more with deficits and shit, since based on 2011 averages:

Non union = $37,908 with tax on that of around $3032, barring deductions

Union = $48,776 with tax on that of around $5365, barring deductions

But who's counting? ;)

Reference: Union Members Summary

Stop it!....In most states unionized workers make up less than 5% of the total workforce.
Even in forced union states, the rate is maybe 10% average.
I would much rather make $20 per hour where my annual property taxes are $1,000 per year than make $25 per hour as a unionized worker where my house cost 5 times as much and my taxes are $15k per year.
Don't believe me? A home of 1,800 sqaure feet in Bergen County, NJ would average around $600k. With an average annual tax bill of about $15,000 per year. Where I live, that same sized house in a suburban community would be valued at around $150 to $175k with average annual property tax bill of $1500 to $2000....

Right to work states have unions, but by trying to diminish union influence, wages compress across the board, lowering what folks can charge the living, so businesses are worse off. But no matter.

The point is union workers make more, and in every state and DC, more makes living easier than less. (money for work)
How does right to work "compress" wages?
Do you think a person with few marketable skills should be paid $20 per hour or more to stock shelves in a grocery store?
Note..Answers such as " yes if he or she is trying to support a family" or sure if the CEO is making millions..." are unacceptable.
Second question. Do you think the term "appropriate" should apply to wages?

Obviously you're non union. Sucks to make less doesn't it?

Meanwhile here in more union land, WA, it's higher cost, on the left side of the Cascades. But we make more. Food, utilities and insurance? Shit. Ask the wife. I have no idea. What I stress over is where we're going in Europe next year, and will I be able to ungrade to business class.

BTW, Montana's CLI ranks in the middle, well behind the coasts, plus CO and AZ. Check it out.

So you're paying cash for your trips? Or are you swiping credit cards and depending on your job to be there to pay off your bills?
If it's the latter, you are just another sucker in a long line of suckers who look at their paychecks as though they were an excuse to spend unwisely.
Hopefully you have had the forethought to establish a liquid rainy day fund. And have saved at least enough to get you by for 6 months should your job suddenly end.
Most people don't do this. And when they become unemployed, they stand there with palms skyward wondering what the hell happened. They freak out because they can no longer have the lifestyle they have gotten used to.
I have a friend who appraises real estate. He goes to do foreclosures and is sickened by what he sees. Here's a guy who for some reason can't pay for his house but there's a $50,000 boat and a 30 foot travel trailer parked in the back yard and a $40,000 pickup truck in the driveway.
Unreal.

I'm merely stating average wages of union v non union, and contend making more is better regardless of where you are.

If you think there's some kind of data somewhere showing union workers who make more are not buying more, show me. I'm all fucking ears.

As for GA, I haven't a clue. Have you data on that? But were I to guess why someone would move to a shithole state and non union job, from a union job, is because they lost their union job and will go to wherever they can find something where their skills trump the local dweebs. Just a guess.

Meanwhile, we, in the Seattle area, where folks are well paid and we have high union membership, we have had roads and many malls all my life. We also have great music halls (multiple), and two shiny new stadiums, and worldclass museums, 5 star hotels and nationally ranked restaurants.

So "prosperity" depends on who you ask.

Yeah, and the taxes and hyperinflated home prices to go with it.
No thanks.

GM announced today that production of the Chevrolet Camaro will move to Lansing, Michigan from its current location in Canada. Things that make you go hmmm.

Forum List

Back