The Right To Destroy Jewish History

Now that Jerusalem is off the table for negotiations, the Palestinians have a golden opportunity to now seek peace with Israel before they lose even more.
Can you simultaneously colonize your neighbors and still claim you want peace?

Can you deny Israel has the Right to Exist and still want “ peace’?
Let us not discuss that.
They always end up moving the conversation to the "Jews".

What right do the Arabs who call themselves Palestinians have of destroying Jewish History. That is what I would love to find out.

Now that Jerusalem is off the table for negotiations, the Palestinians have a golden opportunity to now seek peace with Israel before they lose even more.

Let us not discuss that.

What right do the Arabs who call themselves Palestinians have of destroying Jewish History. That is what I would love to find out.

It's not about rights, it's about power.

Let us not discuss that.

You want to turn the conversation into that.

Start your own thread.

Let us not discuss that.

Start your own thread.

Oh right, I'm sorry, yeah, everyone should agree with you because this thread is about how you are right, I forgot that, seeing as you're wrong.

Maybe I will start a thread and anyone who disagrees with me, I'll report their posts so that the whole thread is about ME.

Let us not discuss that.

Start your own thread.

Oh right, I'm sorry, yeah, everyone should agree with you because this thread is about how you are right, I forgot that, seeing as you're wrong.

Maybe I will start a thread and anyone who disagrees with me, I'll report their posts so that the whole thread is about ME.
"It's not about rights, it's about power."

The thread is called "The right to destroy Jewish History"

The Palestinians are using their power to destroy Jewish history, which should actually be their history, at least they keep saying they were around since about 10,000 years ago.

Now, where is it not about the asking What right do the Palestinians have to destroy Jewish History, and is it about power, which you are clearly trying to put on the Jewish side, because according to you Israel has the power.

Your theory falls apart because Israel has not had any "power" to stop the destruction of its own history by the hands of the very people who say they are the indigenous people of the land, and therefore all of that which they are destroying should have been Palestinian history and heritage.

Would you like to use the world power again for anything else when it comes to the Jewish people and Israel, or can you discuss what exactly is the Arab Palestinian Right.....to destroy Jewish history?

Let us not discuss that.

Start your own thread.

The Palestinians are using their power to destroy Jewish history, which should actually be their history, at least they keep saying they were around since about 10,000 years ago.

Now, where is it not about the asking What right do the Palestinians have to destroy Jewish History, and is it about power, which you are clearly trying to put on the Jewish side, because according to you Israel has the power.

Your theory falls apart because Israel has not had any "power" to stop the destruction of its own history by the hands of the very people who say they are the indigenous people of the land, and therefore all of that which they are destroying should have been Palestinian history and heritage.

Would you like to use the world power again for anything else when it comes to the Jewish people and Israel, or can you discuss what exactly is the Arab Palestinian Right.....to destroy Jewish history?

Ah, so, if I start a thread called "the Moon is made out of cheese", you're not allowed to say that the Moon isn't made out of cheese?

Your thread says "the right to destroy Jewish History" and I think your title is rubbish. Rights exist, they protect people from government abuse of power. So, if I had a right to destroy Jewish History, I'd have protection from govt intrusion into my destruction.

However this isn't what you're talking about.

Govts don't have rights.

However potentially you're talking about whether it's morally correct for Muslims to be trying to destroy Jewish History. Well, my personal view on that would be that Israel does the same thing, so, you reap what you sow.

However at the end of the day it's all about power. If the Palestinians can destroy Jewish History, they'll try and do it. If the Israelis try and stop them, then this is their power. It's competing power.

Really you can't destroy History, you can only destroy the narrative. Often the narrative is what one side decides is the narrative.

Back to the Armenian Genocide. Did it happen? Well, according to the Turks and the Israelis, no, it did not happen. According to the Armenians, yes, it did happen. Both of these are "History", both of them are different Narratives.

Now, are the Palestinians trying to destroy the true History of Israel and the Jews or are they trying to destroy the narrative that the Israelis and Jews claim is their History?

Two very different things.

No, my argument doesn't fall apart. Israel has a lot of power, it has billions of US dollars, the backing of the US and weapons that make it formidable opponent in battle. It also has the UN which it is currently using, with US backing, to try and force the UN to go by Israeli narratives rather than Muslim.

Your argument is basically "boohoo, the Jews are the victims from the aggression of the Muslims", I disagree with that argument. Israel is fighting just as much as the Palestinians are for the power they want to hold.

I will continue to use the word power, because, unfortunately in this world, power is what counts and what is right or not gets left behind. Reality as opposed to you trying to deal in some sort of fantasy because the fantasy pushes towards your own agenda.

Now, would you like people to be able to talk freely on this issue, or would you like this thread to be about how you are right?

Let us not discuss that.

Start your own thread.

Ah, so, if I start a thread called "the Moon is made out of cheese", you're not allowed to say that the Moon isn't made out of cheese?

Your thread says "the right to destroy Jewish History" and I think your title is rubbish. Rights exist, they protect people from government abuse of power. So, if I had a right to destroy Jewish History, I'd have protection from govt intrusion into my destruction.

Govts don't have rights.

However potentially you're talking about whether it's morally correct for Muslims to be trying to destroy Jewish History. Well, my personal view on that would be that Israel does the same thing, so, you reap what you sow.

However at the end of the day it's all about power. If the Palestinians can destroy Jewish History, they'll try and do it. If the Israelis try and stop them, then this is their power. It's competing power.

Really you can't destroy History, you can only destroy the narrative. Often the narrative is what one side decides is the narrative.

Back to the Armenian Genocide. Did it happen? Well, according to the Turks and the Israelis, no, it did not happen. According to the Armenians, yes, it did happen. Both of these are "History", both of them are different Narratives.

Now, are the Palestinians trying to destroy the true History of Israel and the Jews or are they trying to destroy the narrative that the Israelis and Jews claim is their History?

No, my argument doesn't fall apart. Israel has a lot of power, it has billions of US dollars, the backing of the US and weapons that make it formidable opponent in battle. It also has the UN which it is currently using, with US backing, to try and force the UN to go by Israeli narratives rather than Muslim.

Your argument is basically "boohoo, the Jews are the victims from the aggression of the Muslims", I disagree with that argument. Israel is fighting just as much as the Palestinians are for the power they want to hold.

I will continue to use the word power, because, unfortunately in this world, power is what counts and what is right or not gets left behind. Reality as opposed to you trying to deal in some sort of fantasy because the fantasy pushes towards your own agenda.

Now, would you like people to be able to talk freely on this issue, or would you like this thread to be about how you are right?
I will have this thread to be about how I am right.

I will have this thread stay on course rather than have you derail it into the same old same old.

Now.....start your own thread :)

Start your own thread.

Govts don't have rights.

I will have this thread stay on course rather than have you derail it into the same old same old.

Yes, you will have a thread that is basically "this is the way it is, if you disagree with me, get lost"

I'm sorry, but if you want that sort of thread, you can start you own forum where other people aren't allowed to talk.

However you're on THIS FORUM, and if you start a thread you'll get competing views. You might not like those views, but you have the choice to go somewhere else. Now, your last post was completely off topic, so, you can choose to stay on topic or, go somewhere else.

The tunnels under The Holy Temple have been, and are undergoing, massive archaeological excavation.
This is well known and my family has been there on a tour.
The tunnels are massive.

Start your own thread.

Govts don't have rights.

Yes, you will have a thread that is basically "this is the way it is, if you disagree with me, get lost"

I'm sorry, but if you want that sort of thread, you can start you own forum where other people aren't allowed to talk.

However you're on THIS FORUM, and if you start a thread you'll get competing views. You might not like those views, but you have the choice to go somewhere else. Now, your last post was completely off topic, so, you can choose to stay on topic or, go somewhere else.
You are not giving competing views. You are derailing the topic and turning yourself into a sad pathetic "victim" of the Joooosssss.

That is exactly what this and your last post have been about.

You wish to give your "opinion" you go ahead. Stay on topic.

The Right to Destroy Jewish History is the topic of this thread.

What do you really have to contribute to it without blaming Jews and Israel for any of it?

Govts don't have rights.

You are not giving competing views. You are derailing the topic and turning yourself into a sad pathetic "victim" of the Joooosssss.

That is exactly what this and your last post have been about.

You wish to give your "opinion" you go ahead. Stay on topic.

The Right to Destroy Jewish History is the topic of this thread.

What do you really have to contribute to it without blaming Jews and Israel for any of it?

Yes, I'm "derailing" a topic where the only responses allowed are the ones you've decided are right. Anything you don't like is "derailing" the topic.

Oh, please.

I'm the one on topic. You're the one screaming and shouting like a little child who doesn't get what they want.

And now you throw more of this "we're the victim". So, let's get this straight. In this topic to "stay on topic" you're not allowed to criticize Jews or Israelis at all?

Do you realize just how much bullshit that is?

Again, my analogy about making a thread called "the Moon is made of cheese" and then anyone who says that the Moon isn't made of cheese is "off topic" springs to mind.

However potentially you're talking about whether it's morally correct for Muslims to be trying to destroy Jewish History. Well, my personal view on that would be that Israel does the same thing ...

Examples, please, of Israel destroying historical artifacts or usurping Muslim holy places? Can you point me in the direction of the website for the Muslim Sifting Project? What thousands year old historical monuments is Israel bulldozing?

However potentially you're talking about whether it's morally correct for Muslims to be trying to destroy Jewish History. Well, my personal view on that would be that Israel does the same thing ...

Examples, please, of Israel destroying historical artifacts or usurping Muslim holy places? Can you point me in the direction of the website for the Muslim Sifting Project? What thousands year old historical monuments is Israel bulldozing?

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/lif...ancient-sites-in-Palestinian-territories.html

"
Israel ‘destroys’ ancient Palestinian sites"

"Several ancient archeological sites were “destroyed” after the Israeli Antiquities Authority conducted controversial digs in the Palestinian neighborhood of Silwan in East Jerusalem, a Palestinian news agency reported Wednesday."

Israel's war on Palestinian culture

"In a new article made available today by the journal Jerusalem Quarterly, activist and The Electronic Intifada contributor Hannah Mermelstein discusses a lesser known part of the ethnic cleansing of Palestine — the attempted annihilation of the Palestinian nation through cultural theft and destruction."

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/lif...ancient-sites-in-Palestinian-territories.html

"

"Several ancient archeological sites were “destroyed” after the Israeli Antiquities Authority conducted controversial digs in the Palestinian neighborhood of Silwan in East Jerusalem, a Palestinian news agency reported Wednesday."

"In a new article made available today by the journal Jerusalem Quarterly, activist and The Electronic Intifada contributor Hannah Mermelstein discusses a lesser known part of the ethnic cleansing of Palestine — the attempted annihilation of the Palestinian nation through cultural theft and destruction."

The second article is actually an example of the preservation of culture.

The first one seems suspicious with its "destroys" in quotes and is sourced from a single news article. I remember something about this story from months ago. I'll look into it and get back.

Israel ‘destroys’ ancient Palestinian sites

"

The second article is actually an example of the preservation of culture.

The first one seems suspicious with its "destroys" in quotes and is sourced from a single news article. I remember something about this story from months ago. I'll look into it and get back.

Well, it doesn't really matter, does it? The Palestinians accuse the Israelis, the Israelis accuse the Palestinians and they do it in order to convince other people, to get people on their side and gain more power.

Well, it doesn't really matter, does it? The Palestinians accuse the Israelis, the Israelis accuse the Palestinians and they do it in order to convince other people, to get people on their side and gain more power.

On the contrary, how sensitive issues such as this are handled matters a great deal.

Here is a much more balanced article explaining the controversy in Israel over the Mamilla Cemetery.

The Muslim community had neglected the Mamilla cemetery for many years; the Al-Aqsa Association acted out of confrontational, political motives ‏(which served only to weaken the legal fight against the museum‏); the existence of a parking lot on the site for two decades damages the case for opposing construction; the construction of the Palace Hotel in 1929 by the grand mufti of Jerusalem, Haj Amin al-Husseini, although technically outside the formal boundaries of the cemetery, created a precedent for ignoring the sanctity of the graves; and in Israel and Muslim countries, a norm exists for changing the designation of old cemeteries to allow for urban development.

In effect, Reiter claims in his book, the High Court of Justice did not view the plot of land allotted for the museum as part of a historic cemetery with special status in Muslim eyes, as the resting place of renowned Muslim figures since the 12th century. The ruling, he notes, treated the land as though it were located outside the cemetery, as the Wiesenthal Center argued, and as if human bones were discovered there incidentally, once work began at the site, rather than as a religiously and formally sanctified place. Framing the matter this way, Reiter concludes, is what determined court’s ruling approving the continued construction.

This is blatantly different from the wanton destruction of Jewish historical sites by Muslims, Arabs and Palestinians. Such as the 400 truck loads of soil removed from the Temple Mount and dumped into a garbage heap without so much as a nod to the irreplaceable archaeological value.

On the contrary, how sensitive issues such as this are handled matters a great deal.

Here is a much more balanced article explaining the controversy in Israel over the Mamilla Cemetery.

The Muslim community had neglected the Mamilla cemetery for many years; the Al-Aqsa Association acted out of confrontational, political motives ‏(which served only to weaken the legal fight against the museum‏); the existence of a parking lot on the site for two decades damages the case for opposing construction; the construction of the Palace Hotel in 1929 by the grand mufti of Jerusalem, Haj Amin al-Husseini, although technically outside the formal boundaries of the cemetery, created a precedent for ignoring the sanctity of the graves; and in Israel and Muslim countries, a norm exists for changing the designation of old cemeteries to allow for urban development.

In effect, Reiter claims in his book, the High Court of Justice did not view the plot of land allotted for the museum as part of a historic cemetery with special status in Muslim eyes, as the resting place of renowned Muslim figures since the 12th century. The ruling, he notes, treated the land as though it were located outside the cemetery, as the Wiesenthal Center argued, and as if human bones were discovered there incidentally, once work began at the site, rather than as a religiously and formally sanctified place. Framing the matter this way, Reiter concludes, is what determined court’s ruling approving the continued construction.

This is blatantly different from the wanton destruction of Jewish historical sites by Muslims, Arabs and Palestinians. Such as the 400 truck loads of soil removed from the Temple Mount and dumped into a garbage heap without so much as a nod to the irreplaceable archaeological value.

Well, yes, how they are handled matters. The problem in that area right now is that the right wing on both sides is using conflict to enhance their own positions.

What I meant by "it doesn't matter" is that the REALITY isn't important, it's the narrative that each side is producing that is important, that is what is pushing this whole thing, rather than the reality of whether this cultural site is "destroyed" or whatever. If the Palestinian people BELIEVE something has happened, or the Israeli people BELIEVE something has happened, then this is more important than whether it actually happened or not.

Well, yes, how they are handled matters. The problem in that area right now is that the right wing on both sides is using conflict to enhance their own positions.

What I meant by "it doesn't matter" is that the REALITY isn't important, it's the narrative that each side is producing that is important, that is what is pushing this whole thing, rather than the reality of whether this cultural site is "destroyed" or whatever. If the Palestinian people BELIEVE something has happened, or the Israeli people BELIEVE something has happened, then this is more important than whether it actually happened or not.

I actually hear what you are saying. However, the Arabs (and not just the Palestinians) are using the actual destruction of history as evidence that the Jewish people don't have a history in that land. They are creating a false reality, a false historical record, to erase the Jewish people. Deliberately. Intentionally. This is VASTLY different than Israel being insensitive about a Muslim burial ground.

I actually hear what you are saying. However, the Arabs (and not just the Palestinians) are using the actual destruction of history as evidence that the Jewish people don't have a history in that land. They are creating a false reality, a false historical record, to erase the Jewish people. Deliberately. Intentionally. This is VASTLY different than Israel being insensitive about a Muslim burial ground.

Well, both sides are creating a false narrative.

Israel is pushing conflict for a reason, and that reason is an excuse to push the boundaries of the state. Without conflict they could never get the support to do this.

There are different ways to try and do this, they're all bad, but this doesn't mean that Israel is any less guilty of trying to destroy culture in order to try and control the narrative.

Forum List

Back