The Right To Destroy Jewish History

Discussion in 'Israel and Palestine' started by Sixties Fan, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Shusha

Shusha Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,546
    What would any of you suggest would be the right way to reassert Jewish rights to the Temple Mount? How would you go about it?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. ILOVEISRAEL

ILOVEISRAEL Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,031
    I have one; By Force !!! :Boom2:

3. rylah

rylah Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,981
    I wanted to ask You the same exact question.
    it's too overwhelming to even start addressing the issue.

I'd at least start with banning all Muslim soccer matches in the most sacred location on earth,
    and ban any (unauthorized) tool that is harder than a brush to enter the outer 200m radius of the ancient city gates.
    Second establish an official body of open discussion between respectable and authoritative Islam scholars and the Rabbinate.

4. MJB12741

MJB12741 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,810
    The nerve of those Zionists building their wailing wall around the Al Aqsa mosque. And if you don't believe it just ask any of the Pali supporters here.

5. rylah

rylah Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,981
    Hard to laugh about it.
    This year we've sat on the floor around a very old and wise Rabbi on the day of Jerusalem destruction, I can't describe the sorrow we heard when he reached the graphic description of what our sages were going through for merely studying the Torah in the land.
    We're talking about people who live in 2 hour drive away from Jerusalem,still weeping each year over its' destruction.

Besi'at ha d'shm'ayah
    it will be built, have no doubt.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
  6. Shusha

Shusha Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,546
    Yes. As I said, I don't think its quite time yet. And one of the reasons why its not quite time yet, is because once Israel starts down that path, imo, they have to really commit to it. Not something you want to go back on once you've started.

First, I think Israel should declare her intent, preferably at an international venue, possibly, but not necessarily, the UN. The declaration should not be political, but humanitarian in nature and should center around both the right of people to access their own holy spaces and on Article 9 of the Jordan/Israeli peace agreement (which the current status quo violates).

At the same time Israel's Rabbinate dialogues with Islam scholars, as you suggested. And hopefully come to a consensus on sharing the space. And hopefully with the assistance/agreement of the Jordanian government.

Then I would like to see a joint peace-keeping force on the Temple Mount which removes ANYONE, of any religious faith, whose behaviour is incompatible with mutual, respectful enjoyment of a sacred space. Those people should receive a significantly lengthy ban from the place. Its not so much changing the status quo as it is enforcing the status quo equally.

7. rylah

rylah Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,981
    Listen I've already said that I'm extremely biased regarding Jerusalem, I weep over those stones each time I come to the site. All I can suggest is what most would consider as quacudoodle madness, and I've previously mentioned some of those concepts here...

I agree with Your 1st paragraph, this kind of interaction develops on longer terms than democratic elections.

Disagree with the 2nd paragraph, the issue is religious and local, Jordan should be viewed as a single player of the Sunnis, the Waqf has to be approached from the view point of an (intl.) Arab representative body. Things have to be allowed to be called by their name straightforward to have any chance of a constructive dialogue. International forums are not required when the forum is open to public view and publication.

Agree with the 3rd part
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's one quaudoodle idea - each time the Murabateen scream takbir on the Temple Mount, Jews should answer with a strong "AMEN!".
    Then we can start the dialogue...it will come from the Muslim side.

8. Shusha

Shusha Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,546

I'm not sure we could (or should) keep Jordan out of the picture, given their recognized "special status" in a shared peace treaty that we want to honor, yes?

And I disagree that it will come from the Muslim side. I mean I agree that peace can not be enforced, so eventually, one hopes. BUT in the meantime, we assert our rights unilaterally, yes?

9. Mindful

Mindful Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,982
    Know your history.

38 years before the so called 'occupation' of anywhere.

[​IMG]

10. AzogtheDefiler

AzogtheDefiler Gold Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,972
    My naked eye test tells me that Jews are a lot friendlier than Muslims. I support Jews.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2