The Right To Bear Arms

rong......the Vegas shooter used 2...AR-15 rifles and killed 58.?

OK, and your point is what? That there is no such thing as a responsible gun owner.

The muslim terrorist in Nice, France used a rental truck and murdered 86.

Which has nothing to do with your gun or gun ownership in America. "Whataboutism" is the hallmark of the intellectually deficient.

Knives murder more people every single year than all rifle types....every single year.....Knives and rental trucks are deadlier than AR-15 rifles....

1. One instance of a rental truck killing 86 people in France does not cancel out any number of mass shootings in America.

2. When one person armed with a knife can murder 58 people and would 900 in 60 seconds, then I'm more than happy to talk about knife control. Until then, you've made the world's shittiest and least intelligent point.

do you want to ban knives and rental trucks?

No. I want "responsible gun owners" to actually be responsible.

And I am telling you that it is beyond stupid to reclassify one specific Semiautomatic rifle because of the way it looks and no other reason.

You can fight it but the genie is out of the bottle. While the School Children that have been terrorized and traumatized can't vote, their parents can and in a few short years the children turn 18. And they agree with what I have said all along. Even many of the large Republican Donors are starting to remove support for anyone that will not go along those lines. Yes, these folks give millions each year to various Republican Candidates but they will not contribute to those that still spew the NRA Boilerplate responses. It's happening more and more each day. The Last Mass Shooting was the straw that broke the camels back. Too bad it didn't get a sore back 25 years ago.

And what will you all do when banning that rifle does nothing to stop the next piece of shit from shooting up a school ?

Give it a chance. If it works that's great. If it doesn't we can put it back the way it was. My money is that within 2 years we may still have attacks but they won't be "Mass" killings since that tool won't be available.
It won't work we already had a so called assault weapons ban in effect for 10 years
In fact the assault weapons ban was in effect when Columbine got shot up

Gee look at that real data not opinion.

Oh goody. I get to fact check on this one. The columbine shooting happened in 1999. The Ban of Assault Rifles (ie AR) ras allowed to runout in 1998. Adn the shooting was done by 2 handguns, 1 shotgun and a 9mm semi auto rifle with a few 32 shot mags (clisp to piss one person off) adn two dud bombs. Even with all that, they still only managed to kill 12. If they had been armed with a pair of ARs the body count could have easily topped 50 or 100.

You'd scream like a school girl and faint if you ever touched a gun. Just like if your BFF said she was getting married and showed you her ring. Or if your boyfriend showed you a new tapestry he bought ...

So thanks for confirming that all a gun does, really, is cure insecurity. Of course, it's more likely your gun will be stolen and used in a crime, than it is your gun will ever be used to defend yourself and/or your family.

If as many as 600,000 guns are stolen a year and that's what "responsible gun ownership" looks like, then fuuuuuuuuuuuuck thaaaaaaaaaaaaaat shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. None of you are responsible gun owners. It's not something you can prove. "Responsible gun ownership" would mean *0* guns are stolen a year. So when 0 guns are stolen a year, then you can argue that they serve as some kind of protection or deterrent. Until then, kindly shut the fuck up.

Just strawmen, lies, and misapplication of statistics.

There are virtually zero accidental shootings by people with CC permits. You're just a lying troll
It's a fact a gun in the home is more likely to kill its owner than an intruder.

And there is no evidence guns act as a deterrent to crime.

"There are virtually zero accidental shootings by people with CC permits."

Link?

Having a concealed weapon license doesn't make one "immune" from an accidental shooting.

Clearly you're in no position to accuse others of lying.

Things more likely to happen with your gun than protecting you or your family:
  • The gun gets stolen
  • The gun goes off accidentally
  • The gun injures you
  • The gun injures your friend or loved one
  • The gun is taken by your kid to school

Contrived statistics that are intentionally misleading and fail to tell the whole story.

So just to be clear, you think public educators are a bunch of red neck right wing bunch of hacks who touch a gun and start shooting up the place like Yosemite Sam?

I see why you're so against public schools

They banned guns in Britain and their gun crime rate has gone up every single year

No, it hasn't. The gun crime rate has not gone up every single year since the ban. And BTW - the crime rate in the UK is still much lower than it is here.

...it was up 23% just last year all across England and Wales, and up 42% in Britain

23% of what? What are the numbers. Because going from 4 to 5 is a 25% increase. So let's see some context for these numbers.

....gun crime is also up in Australia.......where they also banned and confiscated guns...both are island nations......and their gun control and bans did not work.

Their bans certainly did work, and what is the rate now vs. then? See, everything you're writing is absent of context here.

upload_2018-2-20_12-59-18.jpeg

The real reason for the NRA and gun lickers, they need bear hugs from bear arms.

you really think making all guns illegal will stop it?

No, which is why I don't call for a gun ban. I'm just saying a gun ban would be effective if it was 100% universal and resulted in confiscation. But I don't support that because I think it's unrealistic.

Worked real well with drugs didn't itWorked real well with alcohol when we tried it tooDid you ever think that if these idiots who shoot up schools couldn't just walk in undetected that these shootings would have been prevented or at least minimized?Of course you didn't because you think a gun ban is the answer and it's all your room temperature IQ can handle

I don't think a gun ban is the answer.

There is no truthful answer to that question.

Why not?

Why can't you answer truthfully why 100% of gun thefts aren't reported?

What could possibly be the reason anyone would not report a gun stolen?

I don't know what motivates others to do what they do and newsflash, neither do you, Corky.

You seem to have no problem presuming the motives of gun control advocates, yet you won't presume the motives of gun owners who don't report their weapons stolen? What gives?

you really think making all guns illegal will stop it?

No, which is why I don't call for a gun ban. I'm just saying a gun ban would be effective if it was 100% universal and resulted in confiscation. But I don't support that because I think it's unrealistic.

Worked real well with drugs didn't itWorked real well with alcohol when we tried it tooDid you ever think that if these idiots who shoot up schools couldn't just walk in undetected that these shootings would have been prevented or at least minimized?Of course you didn't because you think a gun ban is the answer and it's all your room temperature IQ can handle

I don't think a gun ban is the answer.
And you think that gun ban would stop the black market.
No ban on anything is ever going to be 100% efficient. History proves that in fact prohibition increases crime and violence as illicit markets exapnd

There is no truthful answer to that question.

Why not?

Why can't you answer truthfully why 100% of gun thefts aren't reported?

What could possibly be the reason anyone would not report a gun stolen?

I don't know what motivates others to do what they do and newsflash, neither do you, Corky.

You seem to have no problem presuming the motives of gun control advocates, yet you won't presume the motives of gun owners who don't report their weapons stolen? What gives?

You can't either.

I do not know why people do what they do and neither do you.

So now tell me why aren't people just nice to each other ?

Why don't people fart rainbows?

Contrived statistics that are intentionally misleading and fail to tell the whole story.

What part of the story of your gun is more likely to get stolen than it is to defend you or your family am I missing? Please, indulge me.

So just to be clear, you think public educators are a bunch of red neck right wing bunch of hacks who touch a gun and start shooting up the place like Yosemite Sam?

No, what I think is that "responsible gun owners" don't exist and never have, and that you use it as a "No true Scotsman" defense for when one of these "responsible gun owners" goes on a rampage, or when a gun is stolen from one of these "responsible gun owners" and then used in a crime.

Both of those things are more likely to happen than you acting as a hero and defending yourself or your family.

WTF are you babbling about? Do you not read what people write when you respond? I just said that I didn't think a gun ban was realistic, yet you are continuing to post as if I didn't say that. So is this really a conversation, or is it you jerking off on the boards?

No ban on anything is ever going to be 100% efficient. History proves that in fact prohibition increases crime and violence as illicit markets exapnd

Illicit markets are much harder to access safely than general consumer markets. The more barriers you throw up to illicit gun ownership, the more likely that person is to be caught by law enforcement, or robbed by other illicit people.

But this is all beside the point. "Responsible gun owner" is a meaningless label that invokes a level of responsibility that gun owners simply do not have.

Since as many as 600,000 guns are stolen a year from "responsible gun owners", and not even 90% of those guns are reported stolen, gun owners aren't "responsible" people...they're irresponsible.

What part of the story of your gun is more likely to get stolen than it is to defend you or your family am I missing? Please, indulge me.

No, what I think is that "responsible gun owners" don't exist and never have, and that you use it as a "No true Scotsman" defense for when one of these "responsible gun owners" goes on a rampage, or when a gun is stolen from one of these "responsible gun owners" and then used in a crime.

Both of those things are more likely to happen than you acting as a hero and defending yourself or your family.

More likely than what?

It is highly unlikely my guns will get stolen. If I am not home I have a monitored alarm system 2 dogs and my firearms are locked in a 600 lb safe that I had anchored in concrete when I had my basement floor poured

WTF are you babbling about? Do you not read what people write when you respond? I just said that I didn't think a gun ban was realistic, yet you are continuing to post as if I didn't say that. So is this really a conversation, or is it you jerking off on the boards?

Illicit markets are much harder to access safely than general consumer markets. The more barriers you throw up to illicit gun ownership, the more likely that person is to be caught by law enforcement, or robbed by other illicit people.

But this is all beside the point. "Responsible gun owner" is a meaningless label that invokes a level of responsibility that gun owners simply do not have.

Since as many as 600,000 guns are stolen a year from "responsible gun owners", and not even 90% of those guns are reported stolen, gun owners aren't "responsible" people...they're irresponsible.

Yeah worked real well for drugs and the prohibition of alcohol was a resounding success too right

You can't either.

Sure I can!

"Responsible gun owners" who don't report stolen guns do so because the gun that was stolen was obtained illegally. So they're not "responsible gun owners"...no one is.

Or

"Responsible gun owners" who don't report stolen guns do so because they're too fucking lazy and lack personal responsibility and accountability.

Or

"Responsible gun owners" who don't report stolen guns do so because they want the gun to end up in the hands of a criminal or terrorist.

There are no other reasons than those three.

YI do not know why people do what they do and neither do you.

What a fucking cop-out! You have no problem imagining the motivation and intent of gun control advocates, but then your little lizard brain can't fathom a single presumption about why gun owners don't report stolen guns...and you expect me to believe that? Fuck you, you loser.

Because of people like you.

You can't either.

Sure I can!

"Responsible gun owners" who don't report stolen guns do so because the gun that was stolen was obtained illegally. So they're not "responsible gun owners"...no one is.

Or

"Responsible gun owners" who don't report stolen guns do so because they're too fucking lazy and lack personal responsibility and accountability.

Or

"Responsible gun owners" who don't report stolen guns do so because they want the gun to end up in the hands of a criminal or terrorist.

What a fucking cop-out! You have no problem imagining the motivation and intent of gun control advocates, but then your little lizard brain can't fathom a single presumption about why gun owners don't report stolen guns...and you expect me to believe that? Fuck you, you loser.

Getting along is way overrated

More likely than what?

Don't play that lazy, Conservative game of not comprehending that which you read. I even bolded for you what it was:

your gun is more likely to get stolen than it is to defend you or your family

So I want to know why you are pretending to not have read that, even though you are responding to it. Is this just your attempt at deflection or what?

It's more likely that your gun will be stolen, than it is likely your gun will be used by you to defend yourself or your family.

You read what I wrote. You understood it. You just tried to play obtuse so you don't have to reconcile it.

Not very "responsible" of you.

It is highly unlikely my guns will get stolen.

It's more likely your gun will be stolen than it will ever be used to defend you or your family. As many as 600,000 guns are stolen a year. It's not a matter of if, but when.

If I am not home I have a monitored alarm system 2 dogs and my firearms are locked in a 600 lb safe that I had anchored in concrete when I had my basement floor poured

So what? Alarm systems can be disarmed, dogs can be sedated, and safes can be hacked easily.

You're playing at responsibility, but you're actually not responsible. Being responsible would be not having a gun at all, so there's nothing for a thief to steal and then use or sell.

Yeah worked real well for drugs and the prohibition of alcohol was a resounding success too right

Drugs and booze aren't weapons used to kill other people.

So why do you keep jumping from non-sequitur to non-sequitur. If you can't make a point, just shut your fat, stupid mouth.

Yeesh.

You can't either.

Sure I can!

Or

Or

Your opinion is not truth.

Maybe some people don't report stolen guns because they don't know if they've been stolen. But of course you never thought of that did you?

More likely than what?

Don't play that lazy, Conservative game of not comprehending that which you read. I even bolded for you what it was:

your gun is more likely to get stolen than it is to defend you or your family

So I want to know why you are pretending to not have read that, even though you are responding to it. Is this just your attempt at deflection or what?

It's more likely that your gun will be stolen, than it is likely your gun will be used by you to defend yourself or your family.

You read what I wrote. You understood it. You just tried to play obtuse so you don't have to reconcile it.

Not very "responsible" of you.

It is highly unlikely my guns will get stolen.

It's more likely your gun will be stolen than it will ever be used to defend you or your family. As many as 600,000 guns are stolen a year. It's not a matter of if, but when.

If I am not home I have a monitored alarm system 2 dogs and my firearms are locked in a 600 lb safe that I had anchored in concrete when I had my basement floor poured

So what? Alarm systems can be disarmed, dogs can be sedated, and safes can be hacked easily.

You're playing at responsibility, but you're actually not responsible. Being responsible would be not having a gun at all, so there's nothing for a thief to steal and then use or sell.

You are wrong.

I did use my gun to protect myself once. And in the 3 plus decades I have owned guns one has never been stolen.

And I'll tell you what. The day anyone can steal one of my guns I will give them all up. It ain't gonna happen because there is no way anyone can break into my house without setting off an alarm find my gun safe in the basement jackhammer it out of the floor and carry that 600 lb hunk of steel up the stairs and out of my home.

Drugs and booze aren't weapons used to kill other people.

So why do you keep jumping from non-sequitur to non-sequitur. If you can't make a point, just shut your fat, stupid mouth.

Yeesh.

OK so it matters what is being banned now?

Gee I guess all those criminals who will make millions running illegal guns if they are all banned will say you know we shouldn't run guns because guns kill people

And the Nobel Prize for Naivete goes to

Derp

Forum List

Back