The Right To Bear Arms

First of all they are called magazines not clips. dumbass
And like I said it depends on the AR and mini. Not all of the manufacturers use aluminum or steel each one is different. The cycle rate for both generally is the same.

You said in the earlier post the mini 14’s are better for hunting, not true, over-the-counter ARs are more accurate than minis generally, like I said.
You are the foolish one.

I am older than you are so I will call them Clips. It dates back to the old way of loading where the bullets are on clips and fed into the gun from the top. But it's generally accepted to replace the word clips with mags. And vice versa. You sure do sound foolish on this one. And the more you try to make others look stupid, the more apparent that it's YOU that isn't too bright.

If you purchase a 24 in barreled Mini-14 is is very accurate. If you purchase a 16 in AR it has trouble hitting the proverbial barn door at any range other than close. It's not the gun, it's the cartridge. If I were to buy a new Mini-14 it would have a 24 inch barrel. If you were to purchase a new AR chances are you will be getting the Carbine version of 16 in barrel. Now, use a little physics here. Same goes if one were to buy a Mini-14 with a 16 in barrel and buy an AR with a 24 in barrel. The AR would be more accurate when the tables are turned.

And the reason the MOA is better on the AR is the fact it's not shooting normal 223 ammo. When you buy ammo, you can buy the Nato .556 round that is hotter. But beware. Unless you spent the money to get the barrel to shoot the Nato 556, you are going to wear out your barrel very, very quickly.

Learn to be nice.

Is that the best you got? What you are saying is that you support the murdering of our School Children, Movie Goers, People worshiping in Churches, large gatherings of innocent people. Yes, accept your sin. But don't expect the rest of us to do the same.

ALL of the largest Mass Murders in the last 25 years have all been done by an AR-15 or one of it's copies. And most were purchased legally. That same reason was for handling of the Thompson in 1934. So accept your responsability of murdering our Children.

You do realize people kill people not firearms?
More people die from falling out of bed and smoking in bed, than people killed by someone using an AR15 sporting rifle.
Handguns are used for most violent crime in this country by a long shot. Very few deaths are caused by people using ARs, And there are millions of them in this country that’s a very, very low ratio. Firearms cannot control people.
Firearm violence by ARs is a non-issue, We have much bigger fish to fry. So far this year almost 33,000 people have died from medical errors.
Just take your pick…
2018 Real Time Death Statistics in America
Terrorists much prefer bombs/vehicles, For terrorism and they have access to anything they want. So don’t give me that fucking shit that it’s some sporting rifle that causes mass murders you fucking dolt...
So go ahead and live your delusion you sinless snowflake.... lol

You used the term "Errors". There is no error in using an AR for slaughtering school children. You are using the "Hey, Look Over There" routine. The AR is used in every mass shooting in the last 25 years. It's the weapon of choice because it is the most available. Anyone can buy it in less than 30 minutes from start to finish along with hundreds of rounds, multiple clips (mags to you) and head for the nearest school and kill lots of children. Even the AK isn't as efficient. But the AK isn't sold in every gun store in America so the culture isn't attached to the AK. Your love of the AR is noted. What you keep doing is making the most efficient weapon for mass shootings so easy to get. I am not proposing outlawing it. I do propose making a bit more difficult to obtain. Ending the cult that surrounds it.

What is sad is, a terrorist on a no fly list can purchase the weapon just by going into a gun store, show his legal ID, plunk down his cash, pass a simple gun test and walk out in less than 30 minutes with the most efficient mass murder weapon that you can obtain. The Mentally unstable can also buy it the same way. I hold that anyone that does mass murder like that is already unstable. But proving it prior is next to impossible. My Crystal Ball is broken. Since we can't predict it, we take away the one thing that is in each and every one of the situation and that is the weapon of choice. It's the only constant that we have control of.

Yah, I know, they will choose a different weapon. A Knife is too slow, a handgun isn't nearly as efficient. A Rock can only kill one at a time. A Baseball Bat, you have to get close and can only hit one person at a time. A Shotgun only holds so many rounds. A Model 700BDL only holds so many rounds. None of these are nearly as efficient as the AR.

One person stated that we need to change the culture. Well, the first thing we need to do is to change your culture. And you must accept that your culture is as much to blame as the person doing the mass killings. You make it too easy for them to auquire the tools to do the job. And that makes you part of the problem. How does it feel to know you are contributing to the deaths of children in the United States. Not something I would want to do. Congratulations, you should take a bow and blow your own brains out with your AR.

Lol
Error or not it is criminal...
Most of the last few years are similar...
Guns%2BHammers.jpg

An AR is just a sporting rifle nothing more nothing less, You need to pick a scarier boogie man.
There are millions of ARs in this country... legally.
A tiny, tiny percentage of murders are committed using ARs... in close quarters someone with a hand gun will get the drop on someone using an AR every time.
I sell firearms and ammo for a living, ARs were never in demand till anti-gun nutters like yourself started crying like pussy whipped bitches about how they made people into killers..
Every time you silly fuckers bitch and moan sales skyrocket, wheather it be ARs, bump stocks, 30 round magazines, collapsible stocks, etc. what is next? I need to stock up... lol
The Background check system needs to be improved and streamlined... It should be no different than paying for something with a visa card… Instantaneous.
People that want to kill will find a way to do it, the most effective way is a bomb...
Only a fool thinks that anyone needs an AR to mass kill, bombs are far more effective.
The Middle East is proof..
:fu:

And like I said it depends on the AR and mini. Not all of the manufacturers use aluminum or steel each one is different. The cycle rate for both generally is the same.

You said in the earlier post the mini 14’s are better for hunting, not true, over-the-counter ARs are more accurate than minis generally, like I said.
You are the foolish one.

I am older than you are so I will call them Clips. It dates back to the old way of loading where the bullets are on clips and fed into the gun from the top. But it's generally accepted to replace the word clips with mags. And vice versa. You sure do sound foolish on this one. And the more you try to make others look stupid, the more apparent that it's YOU that isn't too bright.

If you purchase a 24 in barreled Mini-14 is is very accurate. If you purchase a 16 in AR it has trouble hitting the proverbial barn door at any range other than close. It's not the gun, it's the cartridge. If I were to buy a new Mini-14 it would have a 24 inch barrel. If you were to purchase a new AR chances are you will be getting the Carbine version of 16 in barrel. Now, use a little physics here. Same goes if one were to buy a Mini-14 with a 16 in barrel and buy an AR with a 24 in barrel. The AR would be more accurate when the tables are turned.

And the reason the MOA is better on the AR is the fact it's not shooting normal 223 ammo. When you buy ammo, you can buy the Nato .556 round that is hotter. But beware. Unless you spent the money to get the barrel to shoot the Nato 556, you are going to wear out your barrel very, very quickly.

Learn to be nice.
Wrong again, the combination of twist and grain has a lot more to do with accuracy than barrel length will.
Some rounds hate more bore time, Every rifle has their own personality some barrels hate some rounds. 1/7, 1/9 or whatever will work or it will not depending on the weight of the bullet, Length of the barrel has nothing to do with it.
It depends on how although round is loaded, what kind of powder, how much powder, what type of bullet there are dozens of factors.
If The barrel says 556 on it it can shoot both .223 – 5.56 because of clearances not the “power”. If your barrel says .223 on it it’s best not to shoot 5.56 because of clearances again.
So basically if you want to build an accurate 600+ yards shooter with a 16 inch barrel you can do it just fine, barrel length has nothing to do with it.

Barrel length has nothing to do with it? What are you smoking over there. Are you aware that your Grass consumption prevents you from legally owning fire arms?

The Truth About Barrel Length, Muzzle Velocity and Accuracy - The Truth About Guns
Conclusions:

This test obliterated what was previously thought to be fact. Not only was it determined that short barreled rifles are easily as accurate a those with long barrels, but we also discovered what we see as a key to viewing accuracy in a practical sense. In an age of misinformation, hard fact can be hard to come by. The internet is full of armchair know-it-alls and trolls a plenty, but for the most part, these can be ignored. Mental preconceptions of the researched concepts are still deeply entrenched in a more or less Napoleonic era of the theory of arms. Most of what is commonly argued about small arms is false and based on opinion. A quick look online reveals hundreds of arguments on topics like 9mm vs. 40 S&W vs. 45ACP or AR-15 vs. AK-47, none of which are based on fact or on the need of the individual in their realistic circumstances.

If anything is to be learned from bullet selection, it is that match quality bullets have a distinct edge in accuracy over military and hunting bullets. The match bullets tested produced significantly greater accuracy than their military or hunting-type counterparts.

This study is not aimed at the promotion of using any particular barrel length, brand of bullet or load. The reader must look at their own situation and determine what the most valuable features are in a rifle.
Yep, each rifle likes a certain ammo. And barrel length has nothing to do with it... in many cases harmonics can hurt the accuracy of a longer barrel.
Many sharpshooters and snipers don’t like a longer barrel
Ballistics: Understanding Barrel Harmonics and Accuracy | Gun Digest

In the Military, I qualified with a very unique weapon. The M-741A. It's the military version of the civilian 741A. 28 inch barrel, chambered for the 300 H&H Magnum, 30 powered scope, bull barrel. It weighs in a hefty 15 pounds without ammo. It was made from 1959 to 1964. it's worthless as a hunting rifle of any kind. But it takes you into the world past 800 yards and can easily kill at ranges over 1200 yds with amazing accuracy. It was once said that there were only 3 kinds of people that would own one. The Gun Collector, the Military Sniper and the contract killer. I can't even imagine this gun with less than a 28 inch barrel. You have to use as much of the powder as possible to get that kind of range, that kind of projectile speed and deliver enough bullet mass to do the kill. It was deemed that the gun was not really usable since it took a lot of practice and skill to make those kind of shots. Most kill shots are made less than 800 yds so the 7.65 x 51 thought to have made more sense. It left a void that the 50 Barrett now fills. Experimenters keep playing around with a 50 cal lite but it just isn't nearly as good as that long barrelled heavy 50 cal Barrett and never will be. The shorter barrels just spit out too much of the unused powder out the end of the barrel. The 223/556 also needs as much used powder as it can have. The rifling and the harmonics can be manipulated to dampen the oscillation. It's just not as pronounced in that small a caliber and bullet weight but it's there regardless.

Learn to be nice.

Is that the best you got? What you are saying is that you support the murdering of our School Children, Movie Goers, People worshiping in Churches, large gatherings of innocent people. Yes, accept your sin. But don't expect the rest of us to do the same.

ALL of the largest Mass Murders in the last 25 years have all been done by an AR-15 or one of it's copies. And most were purchased legally. That same reason was for handling of the Thompson in 1934. So accept your responsability of murdering our Children.

More people die from falling out of bed and smoking in bed, than people killed by someone using an AR15 sporting rifle.
Handguns are used for most violent crime in this country by a long shot. Very few deaths are caused by people using ARs, And there are millions of them in this country that’s a very, very low ratio. Firearms cannot control people.
Firearm violence by ARs is a non-issue, We have much bigger fish to fry. So far this year almost 33,000 people have died from medical errors.
Just take your pick…
Terrorists much prefer bombs/vehicles, For terrorism and they have access to anything they want. So don’t give me that fucking shit that it’s some sporting rifle that causes mass murders you fucking dolt...

You used the term "Errors". There is no error in using an AR for slaughtering school children. You are using the "Hey, Look Over There" routine. The AR is used in every mass shooting in the last 25 years. It's the weapon of choice because it is the most available. Anyone can buy it in less than 30 minutes from start to finish along with hundreds of rounds, multiple clips (mags to you) and head for the nearest school and kill lots of children. Even the AK isn't as efficient. But the AK isn't sold in every gun store in America so the culture isn't attached to the AK. Your love of the AR is noted. What you keep doing is making the most efficient weapon for mass shootings so easy to get. I am not proposing outlawing it. I do propose making a bit more difficult to obtain. Ending the cult that surrounds it.

What is sad is, a terrorist on a no fly list can purchase the weapon just by going into a gun store, show his legal ID, plunk down his cash, pass a simple gun test and walk out in less than 30 minutes with the most efficient mass murder weapon that you can obtain. The Mentally unstable can also buy it the same way. I hold that anyone that does mass murder like that is already unstable. But proving it prior is next to impossible. My Crystal Ball is broken. Since we can't predict it, we take away the one thing that is in each and every one of the situation and that is the weapon of choice. It's the only constant that we have control of.

Yah, I know, they will choose a different weapon. A Knife is too slow, a handgun isn't nearly as efficient. A Rock can only kill one at a time. A Baseball Bat, you have to get close and can only hit one person at a time. A Shotgun only holds so many rounds. A Model 700BDL only holds so many rounds. None of these are nearly as efficient as the AR.

One person stated that we need to change the culture. Well, the first thing we need to do is to change your culture. And you must accept that your culture is as much to blame as the person doing the mass killings. You make it too easy for them to auquire the tools to do the job. And that makes you part of the problem. How does it feel to know you are contributing to the deaths of children in the United States. Not something I would want to do. Congratulations, you should take a bow and blow your own brains out with your AR.

Lol
Guns%2BHammers.jpg

An AR is just a sporting rifle nothing more nothing less, You need to pick a scarier boogie man.
A tiny, tiny percentage of murders are committed using ARs... in close quarters someone with a hand gun will get the drop on someone using an AR every time.
I sell firearms and ammo for a living, ARs were never in demand till anti-gun nutters like yourself started crying like pussy whipped bitches about how they made people into killers..
Every time you silly fuckers bitch and moan sales skyrocket, wheather it be ARs, bump stocks, 30 round magazines, collapsible stocks, etc. what is next? I need to stock up... lol
The Background check system needs to be improved and streamlined... It should be no different than paying for something with a visa card… Instantaneous.
People that want to kill will find a way to do it, the most effective way is a bomb...
Only a fool thinks that anyone needs an AR to mass kill, bombs are far more effective.

So stand up and take credit for the Mass Shootings in the Schools today. Your Culture is winning while our children are dying. You have made it to easy to get the one tool to do the job. Be proud of yourself.

You are the foolish one.

Learn to be nice.
Wrong again, the combination of twist and grain has a lot more to do with accuracy than barrel length will.
Some rounds hate more bore time, Every rifle has their own personality some barrels hate some rounds. 1/7, 1/9 or whatever will work or it will not depending on the weight of the bullet, Length of the barrel has nothing to do with it.
It depends on how although round is loaded, what kind of powder, how much powder, what type of bullet there are dozens of factors.
If The barrel says 556 on it it can shoot both .223 – 5.56 because of clearances not the “power”. If your barrel says .223 on it it’s best not to shoot 5.56 because of clearances again.
So basically if you want to build an accurate 600+ yards shooter with a 16 inch barrel you can do it just fine, barrel length has nothing to do with it.

Barrel length has nothing to do with it? What are you smoking over there. Are you aware that your Grass consumption prevents you from legally owning fire arms?
Barrel length is not the only determiner of accuracy he never has been never will be

It's one of the factors. Especially if you are not using a scope of any kind. The longer the barrel the further the front site is from the rear sight making it more accurate. Plus, the longer barrel will have more room for a better rifling pattern. Plus, the longer barrel will allow you to use more of the powder. Unspent powder is just wasted out the end of the barrel. No barrel can be made to use all the powder but the longer the barrel, the faster the projectile because more powder is utilized to gain that extra speed. And the 223/556 is a very high speed cartridge and the faster it moves the better considering that there isn't much of a projectile to begin with.

Physics agrees that a 16 in barrel will not have the range nor the accuracy of the 24 in barrel. Of course, within 50 feet it doesn't matter. But using it to varmint hunt, you won't be making any shots within 50 feet. But if you are mass murdering children in a school, that 16 in barrel is the one to use since it's easier to field.
Na, That is a myth.
The weight of the bullet and twist rate determine Factor seem far more than the length of the barrel.
You ever hear of harmonics? Bore time does not mean accuracy...
Speed of the projectile does not equate to accuracy…
16 inch barrel can be every bit as accurate as a 24 inch barrel… Fact

Learn to be nice.

The Truth About Barrel Length, Muzzle Velocity and Accuracy - The Truth About Guns
Conclusions:

This test obliterated what was previously thought to be fact. Not only was it determined that short barreled rifles are easily as accurate a those with long barrels, but we also discovered what we see as a key to viewing accuracy in a practical sense. In an age of misinformation, hard fact can be hard to come by. The internet is full of armchair know-it-alls and trolls a plenty, but for the most part, these can be ignored. Mental preconceptions of the researched concepts are still deeply entrenched in a more or less Napoleonic era of the theory of arms. Most of what is commonly argued about small arms is false and based on opinion. A quick look online reveals hundreds of arguments on topics like 9mm vs. 40 S&W vs. 45ACP or AR-15 vs. AK-47, none of which are based on fact or on the need of the individual in their realistic circumstances.

If anything is to be learned from bullet selection, it is that match quality bullets have a distinct edge in accuracy over military and hunting bullets. The match bullets tested produced significantly greater accuracy than their military or hunting-type counterparts.

This study is not aimed at the promotion of using any particular barrel length, brand of bullet or load. The reader must look at their own situation and determine what the most valuable features are in a rifle.
Yep, each rifle likes a certain ammo. And barrel length has nothing to do with it... in many cases harmonics can hurt the accuracy of a longer barrel.

In the Military, I qualified with a very unique weapon. The M-741A. It's the military version of the civilian 741A. 28 inch barrel, chambered for the 300 H&H Magnum, 30 powered scope, bull barrel. It weighs in a hefty 15 pounds without ammo. It was made from 1959 to 1964. it's worthless as a hunting rifle of any kind. But it takes you into the world past 800 yards and can easily kill at ranges over 1200 yds with amazing accuracy. It was once said that there were only 3 kinds of people that would own one. The Gun Collector, the Military Sniper and the contract killer. I can't even imagine this gun with less than a 28 inch barrel. You have to use as much of the powder as possible to get that kind of range, that kind of projectile speed and deliver enough bullet mass to do the kill. It was deemed that the gun was not really usable since it took a lot of practice and skill to make those kind of shots. Most kill shots are made less than 800 yds so the 7.65 x 51 thought to have made more sense. It left a void that the 50 Barrett now fills. Experimenters keep playing around with a 50 cal lite but it just isn't nearly as good as that long barrelled heavy 50 cal Barrett and never will be. The shorter barrels just spit out too much of the unused powder out the end of the barrel. The 223/556 also needs as much used powder as it can have. The rifling and the harmonics can be manipulated to dampen the oscillation. It's just not as pronounced in that small a caliber and bullet weight but it's there regardless.
I sell firearms to the local sheriffs department, Barrel length is not the determining factor for sharpshooters/snipers...

Learn to be nice.

Barrel length is not the only determiner of accuracy he never has been never will be

It's one of the factors. Especially if you are not using a scope of any kind. The longer the barrel the further the front site is from the rear sight making it more accurate. Plus, the longer barrel will have more room for a better rifling pattern. Plus, the longer barrel will allow you to use more of the powder. Unspent powder is just wasted out the end of the barrel. No barrel can be made to use all the powder but the longer the barrel, the faster the projectile because more powder is utilized to gain that extra speed. And the 223/556 is a very high speed cartridge and the faster it moves the better considering that there isn't much of a projectile to begin with.

Physics agrees that a 16 in barrel will not have the range nor the accuracy of the 24 in barrel. Of course, within 50 feet it doesn't matter. But using it to varmint hunt, you won't be making any shots within 50 feet. But if you are mass murdering children in a school, that 16 in barrel is the one to use since it's easier to field.
Na, That is a myth.
The weight of the bullet and twist rate determine Factor seem far more than the length of the barrel.

We are beating a dead horse on this one. We both need to stop. It's dead and we can't kill it again. Medical Science hasn't figured out a way around reviving a dead horse just so you can kill it again.

Conclusions:

I sell firearms to the local sheriffs department, Barrel length is not the determining factor for sharpshooters/snipers...

It's one of the factors, not the only factor. You keep beating that dead horse. Just let the poor thing lay.

Just take your pick…

Lol
Guns%2BHammers.jpg

So stand up and take credit for the Mass Shootings in the Schools today. Your Culture is winning while our children are dying. You have made it to easy to get the one tool to do the job. Be proud of yourself.

People kill people firearms cannot... No one was made by An AR to kill anybody else.
Gun free zones are killing fields waiting to happen. And firearms have nothing to do with it

Na, That is a myth.

We are beating a dead horse on this one. We both need to stop. It's dead and we can't kill it again. Medical Science hasn't figured out a way around reviving a dead horse just so you can kill it again.
This is true, some people will prefer short barrels other people prefer long barrels.
Each firearm has its own personality, It either likes a certain ammo or it does not.
What I am saying, there is absolutely no need for a long barrel to be just as accurate.
The examples of that being true are countless...

Conclusions:

It's one of the factors, not the only factor. You keep beating that dead horse. Just let the poor thing lay.
You’re the one that said that no one could hit anything with a short barrel...

The Assault Weapon Myth
By LOIS BECKETTSEPT

OVER the past two decades, the majority of Americans in a country deeply divided over gun control have coalesced behind a single proposition: The sale of assault weapons should be banned.

That idea was one of the pillars of the Obama administration’s plan to curb gun violence, and it remains popular with the public. In a poll last December, 59 percent of likely voters said they favor a ban.

But in the 10 years since the previous ban lapsed, even gun control advocates acknowledge a larger truth: The law that barred the sale of assault weapons from 1994 to 2004 made little difference.

It turns out that big, scary military rifles don’t kill the vast majority of the 11,000 Americans murdered with guns each year. Little handguns do.

In 2012, only 322 people were murdered with any kind of rifle, F.B.I. data shows.

The continuing focus on assault weapons stems from the media’s obsessive focus on mass shootings, which disproportionately involve weapons like the AR-15, a civilian version of the military M16 rifle. This, in turn, obscures some grim truths about who is really dying from gunshots.
Annually, 5,000 to 6,000 black men are murdered with guns. Black men amount to only 6 percent of the population. Yet of the 30 Americans on average shot to death each day, half are black males.

It was much the same in the early 1990s when Democrats created and then banned a category of guns they called “assault weapons.” America was then suffering from a spike in gun crime and it seemed like a problem threatening everyone. Gun murders each year had been climbing: 11,000, then 13,000, then 17,000.

Democrats decided to push for a ban of what seemed like the most dangerous guns in America: assault weapons, which were presented by the media as the gun of choice for drug dealers and criminals, and which many in law enforcement wanted to get off the streets.

This politically defined category of guns — a selection of rifles, shotguns and handguns with “military-style” features — only figured in about 2 percent of gun crimes nationwide before the ban.

Handguns were used in more than 80 percent of gun murders each year, but gun control advocates had failed to interest enough of the public in a handgun ban. Handguns were the weapons most likely to kill you, but they were associated by the public with self-defense. (In 2008, the Supreme Court said there was a constitutional right to keep a loaded handgun at home for self-defense.)

Banning sales of military-style weapons resonated with both legislators and the public: Civilians did not need to own guns designed for use in war zones.

On Sept. 13, 1994, President Bill Clinton signed an assault weapons ban into law. It barred the manufacture and sale of new guns with military features and magazines holding more than 10 rounds. But the law allowed those who already owned these guns — an estimated 1.5 million of them — to keep their weapons.

The policy proved costly. Mr. Clinton blamed the ban for Democratic losses in 1994. Crime fell, but when the ban expired, a detailed study found no proof that it had contributed to the decline.

The ban did reduce the number of assault weapons recovered by local police, to 1 percent from roughly 2 percent.

“Should it be renewed, the ban’s effects on gun violence are likely to be small at best and perhaps too small for reliable measurement,” a Department of Justice-funded evaluation concluded.

Still, the majority of Americans continued to support a ban on assault weapons.

One reason: The use of these weapons may be rare over all, but they’re used frequently in the gun violence that gets the most media coverage, mass shootings.

The criminologist James Alan Fox at Northeastern University estimates that there have been an average of 100 victims killed each year in mass shootings over the past three decades. That’s less than 1 percent of gun homicide victims.

But these acts of violence in schools and movie theaters have come to define the problem of gun violence in America.

Most Americans do not know that gun homicides have decreased by 49 percent since 1993 as violent crime also fell, though rates of gun homicide in the United States are still much higher than those in other developed nations. A Pew survey conducted after the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., found that 56 percent of Americans believed wrongly that the rate of gun crime was higher than it was 20 years ago.

Even as homicide rates have held steady or declined for most Americans over the last decade, for black men the rate has sometimes risen. But it took a handful of mass shootings in 2012 to put gun control back on Congress’s agenda.

AFTER Sandy Hook, President Obama introduced an initiative to reduce gun violence. He laid out a litany of tragedies: the children of Newtown, the moviegoers of Aurora, Colo. But he did not mention gun violence among black men.

To be fair, the president’s first legislative priority after Sandy Hook was universal background checks, a measure that might have shrunk the market for illegal guns used in many urban shootings. But Republicans in Congress killed that effort. The next proposal on his list was reinstating and “strengthening” bans on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. It also went nowhere.

“We spent a whole bunch of time and a whole bunch of political capital yelling and screaming about assault weapons,” Mayor Mitchell J. Landrieu of New Orleans said. He called it a “zero sum political fight about a symbolic weapon.”

Mr. Landrieu and Mayor Michael A. Nutter of Philadelphia are founders of Cities United, a network of mayors trying to prevent the deaths of young black men. “This is not just a gun issue, this is an unemployment issue, it’s a poverty issue, it’s a family issue, it’s a culture of violence issue,” Mr. Landrieu said.

More than 20 years of research funded by the Justice Department has found that programs to target high-risk people or places, rather than targeting certain kinds of guns, can reduce gun violence.

David M. Kennedy, the director of the Center for Crime Prevention and Control at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice, argues that the issue of gun violence can seem enormous and intractable without first addressing poverty or drugs. A closer look at the social networks of neighborhoods most afflicted, he says, often shows that only a small number of men drive most of the violence. Identify them and change their behavior, and it’s possible to have an immediate impact.

Working with Professor Kennedy, and building on successes in other cities, New Orleans is now identifying the young men most at risk and intervening to help them get jobs. How well this strategy will work in the long term remains to be seen.

But it’s an approach based on an honest assessment of the real numbers.

Just take your pick…

Lol
Guns%2BHammers.jpg

People kill people firearms cannot... No one was made by An AR to kill anybody else.
Gun free zones are killing fields waiting to happen. And firearms have nothing to do with it

So you make it easy for any nutcase to purchase an AR and use it as it was intended for. So just accept the reasonability that you are contributing to those mass shooting of children. Now, that make you a real man doesn't it. And that is the real reason you slaver at the AR when you see it.

Although I don't own or would never own an AR-15 - I can relate to the Rambo mentality from my younger days. When the Rifleman TV show with Chuck Connors was popular from 1958 to 1963, I had access to my grandfather's lever-action .32 Special. We lived on a remote self-sufficient farm, and I would take it out in the woods and pretend to be the Rifleman. I burned up a lot of ammo (as much as granddad could afford on his meager farm income) - and I can still remember what my mentality was when I was cranking that lever. I was in my early teens. However, I grew up to be an ethical and responsible gun owner and hunter. I cherish my guns - but I detest the NRA. This is somewhat apple and oranges to today's gun problems, but I thought I would share my little story of life on the farm. I consider the NRA the biggest threat to my future gun rights. The NRA was once a great outfit - until it was hijacked by radicals in 1977. The NRA later hijacked the Republican Party.

How NRA’s true believers converted a marksmanship group into a mighty gun lobby
I don't own one either.

I already have a perfectly fine .223 semiauto in my mini 14. I do not see the reason to buy another.

But I also know that the AR is no different than my mini 14 but for some cosmetics

The real difference is the Cyclic Rate. The AR has a much higher one than the Mini-14.

OK so tell me how much faster does the firing cycle complete in the AR and is it even significant since both rifles are limited by how fast a person can pull the trigger.

I've shot both rifles and can empty a 30 rd magazine from either in virtually the same amount of time

you keep saying background checks on all gun transactions, but you cant answer the question of how you do that when a criminal sells a gun to another criminal or trades a gun for a hit of coke.

OMFG...you are being a fucking idiot on purpose, aren't you?

As I said before, background checks won't work on stolen guns because they're stolen.

But fingerprint ID locks would work, which is why it's the second thing I list.

You keep ignoring that, why? Because you don't want to admit that your blanket support for guns is flawed. I think it's even more personal than that...I think you just don't want to admit that what I'm proposing is reasonable because your mushy brain is paranoid and thinks I'm out to get you. I can assure you I'm not. I really, truly do not care about your personal life at all. I doubt anyone does.

fingerprint locks wont work either, they can be removed from the gun quite easily. In am emergency situation the time it takes to activate it could cost you your life. Like all libtardian ideas, it sounds good until you actually think about it for a second or two.

Your immediate resort to insults rather than a civil discussion brands you as what you really are, a marginally literate, brain washed, moronic liberal sycophant.

I am asking practical questions. you are posting talking points and bullshit."

No, I'm responding to your questions...you're just not getting the answers you want and are finding yourself persuaded by my argument...but because you have the world's shittiest ego, you can't bring yourself to admit that what I'm proposing is reasonable for whatever fucking psychological reason you have.

Explain how what I'm proposing are "talking points" when you agree with me!

• You do agree that guns should have fingerprint ID locks so only the owner can use them, right? Why wouldn't you agree to that?
  • And you agree that all gun transactions and transfers should be subject to a background check, right? Why wouldn't you agree to that?
  • And surely you agree that domestic abusers shouldn't be allowed to own guns, right? Why wouldn't you agree to that?
  • And surely you also agree that terrorists or suspected terrorists shouldn't be allowed to own guns, right? Why wouldn't you agree to that?
  • And of course you also agree that mentally ill people should be encouraged to go to mental health treatment and therapy, right? Why wouldn't you agree to that?

I think the reason you won't agree to it is simply a matter of your ego.

I understand finger print locks. I have one on my gun safe. I don't have one on my gun in my car because I don't want to have to say "wait a minute Mr criminal while I activate my fingerprint lock"

How long does it take to activate the fingerprint ID lock on your smart phone? Because mine is instantaneous, the moment I put my finger on the home button of my iphone X.

Your dirty harry vigilante fantasy notwithstanding, I don't see how a fingerprint ID lock for your gun is any different than a safety switch. In fact, you could eliminate the safety switch if you wanted and just have your fingerprint unlock everything. That technology exists.

the split second it takes to activate the fingerprint lock is the same split second that your attacker will be pulling his trigger, and you will never get to pull yours because you will be dead.

by keeping guns out of the hands of mentally ill people and by arming the people protecting our children.

Who is protecting the children? Isn't that the job of the police?

You want to keep guns out of the hands of mentally ill people, but what do you do about the mentally ill people who don't think they're mentally ill and thus, aren't diagnosed as mentally ill and won't show up on a background check?

Children should be protected by all of us, first the parents, then the schools, then the police, then the community in general.

Like most libs, you always are quick to put the responsibility on someone else.

As to your comments on mentally ill who think they are sane. Being alive carries many risks, the government cannot protect us from everyone and everything.

Theory has it that the Semi Auto is capable of 180 rounds a minute. But reality says it can't be done. But you can get off 3 shots a second for 10 seconds before you have to change your 30 round clip. And the process starts all over again. This is for the AR-15 and it's variants.

The AR-15 uses the direct impingement gas operating system. It's cheap, fast and easy to manufacture. The Mini-14 uses the conventional gas piston operating system like it's big brother, the M-14. The AR uses quite a few Aluminum parts while the Mini-14 uses all steel. Steel is heavier, ergo, the cyclic rate will be slower. Simple Physics.

And what does MOA have to do with the cyclic rate? Nothing. MOA is about adjusting for drop of the bullet. Don't you feel foolish now?

You are the foolish one.

Learn to be nice.

Conclusions:

Wasn't here for the barrel length discussion... when shooting heavier bullets it requires a faster twist barrel and necessarily enough barrel length with that tight twist rifeling to stabilize a heavy long bullet for optimum flight.

Ok, tell me exactly how a background check would work when a gangbanger sells a stolen gun to another gangbanger. That's a gun transaction, right?

Well, a background check wouldn't work on a stolen gun, but a fingerprint ID lock like my iphone has would. Which is why one of the five actions I think we should take is to mandate all new guns manufactured have the fingerprint ID lock that all smart phones now have as a standard feature.
UnConstitutional

Not according to the Supreme Court.
phones are not a right, firearm ownership is an absolute right enless the individual fucks up...

A fingerprint ID or a background check doesn't infringe on your right to own a gun.

We already have ID and background check laws, they apply to every legal purchase of a gun of any kind. they do not apply when you trade a gun to your neighbor for a lawnmower------------ its foolish to think they every could or would.

Forum List

Back