The Right To Bear Arms

Although I don't own or would never own an AR-15 - I can relate to the Rambo mentality from my younger days. When the Rifleman TV show with Chuck Connors was popular from 1958 to 1963, I had access to my grandfather's lever-action Marlin .32 Special. We lived on a remote self-sufficient farm, and I would take it out in the woods and pretend to be the Rifleman. I wasted a lot of ammo (as much as granddad could afford on his meager farm income) - and I can still remember what my mentality was when I was cranking that lever. I was in my early teens. However, I grew up to be an ethical and responsible gun owner and hunter. I cherish my guns - but I detest the NRA. This is somewhat apples and oranges to today's gun problems, but I thought I would share my little story of life on the farm. I consider the NRA the biggest threat to my future gun rights. The NRA was once a great outfit - until it was hijacked by radicals in 1977. The NRA later hijacked the Republican Party.

How NRA’s true believers converted a marksmanship group into a mighty gun lobby
The AR-10 chambered in .243 is a great platform to sit behind a blind with... Unlike your bolt'n lever guns you have a remote chance of bagging a coyote on the run... if you do your part..

(for all you 'snowflakes shuttering' ... I use a .45 pistol 'point blank' to slaughter my 'beloved' hand fed, petted, brushed, & named...livestock)

Tis the way that life perpetuates and 'rolls along'... sorry to disabuse you of your 'nievita' re. the "real world"...

Last edited:
Although I don't own or would never own an AR-15 - I can relate to the Rambo mentality from my younger days. When the Rifleman TV show with Chuck Connors was popular from 1958 to 1963, I had access to my grandfather's lever-action .32 Special. We lived on a remote self-sufficient farm, and I would take it out in the woods and pretend to be the Rifleman. I burned up a lot of ammo (as much as granddad could afford on his meager farm income) - and I can still remember what my mentality was when I was cranking that lever. I was in my early teens. However, I grew up to be an ethical and responsible gun owner and hunter. I cherish my guns - but I detest the NRA. This is somewhat apple and oranges to today's gun problems, but I thought I would share my little story of life on the farm. I consider the NRA the biggest threat to my future gun rights. The NRA was once a great outfit - until it was hijacked by radicals in 1977. The NRA later hijacked the Republican Party.

I don't own one either.

I already have a perfectly fine .223 semiauto in my mini 14. I do not see the reason to buy another.

But I also know that the AR is no different than my mini 14 but for some cosmetics

Don't worry...once they get the AR-15s they will be back for your mini 14.......

Although I don't own or would never own an AR-15 - I can relate to the Rambo mentality from my younger days. When the Rifleman TV show with Chuck Connors was popular from 1958 to 1963, I had access to my grandfather's lever-action Marlin .32 Special. We lived on a remote self-sufficient farm, and I would take it out in the woods and pretend to be the Rifleman. I wasted a lot of ammo (as much as granddad could afford on his meager farm income) - and I can still remember what my mentality was when I was cranking that lever. I was in my early teens. However, I grew up to be an ethical and responsible gun owner and hunter. I cherish my guns - but I detest the NRA. This is somewhat apples and oranges to today's gun problems, but I thought I would share my little story of life on the farm. I consider the NRA the biggest threat to my future gun rights. The NRA was once a great outfit - until it was hijacked by radicals in 1977. The NRA later hijacked the Republican Party.

The AR-10 chambered in .243 is a great platform to sit behind a blind with... Unlike your bolt'n lever guns you have a remote chance of bagging a coyote on the run... if you do your part..

I believe in fair chase and fair chance. Do you also hunt from helicopters and snowmobiles?

I believe in fair chase and fair chance. Do you also hunt from helicopters and snowmobiles?
Fairly typical... do you bolster your annual income with pelts?... Are those that choose to do so 'repugnant'...???

No... to your blunt query..., no loaded (long guns) firearms within the 18 'rods' off the center line of the road. depending on category of road.. an average of 25 feet.... Open your mind to the possibility that there are a vast number of US sportsman that take the rules very seriously... and do a tremendous amount 'fiscally' and in 'man hours' to facilitate the health and 'viability' of the species they hunt....

Last edited:
Although I don't own or would never own an AR-15 - I can relate to the Rambo mentality from my younger days. When the Rifleman TV show with Chuck Connors was popular from 1958 to 1963, I had access to my grandfather's lever-action .32 Special. We lived on a remote self-sufficient farm, and I would take it out in the woods and pretend to be the Rifleman. I burned up a lot of ammo (as much as granddad could afford on his meager farm income) - and I can still remember what my mentality was when I was cranking that lever. I was in my early teens. However, I grew up to be an ethical and responsible gun owner and hunter. I cherish my guns - but I detest the NRA. This is somewhat apple and oranges to today's gun problems, but I thought I would share my little story of life on the farm. I consider the NRA the biggest threat to my future gun rights. The NRA was once a great outfit - until it was hijacked by radicals in 1977. The NRA later hijacked the Republican Party.

I don't own one either.

I already have a perfectly fine .223 semiauto in my mini 14. I do not see the reason to buy another.

But I also know that the AR is no different than my mini 14 but for some cosmetics

The real difference is the Cyclic Rate. The AR has a much higher one than the Mini-14.

I don't own one either.

Don't worry...once they get the AR-15s they will be back for your mini 14.......

When the Mini-14 becomes the weapon of choice for mass murders you may be right. But with it's slow cyclic rate it never will make that grade. Now unless you find some kind of compromise, you may be right. You want it all your way. Not going to happen. Anymore than all firearms will be banned either. Meanwhile, it's unsafe to send the Children to school or church or to a concert or.........

Shit birds... read the past posts before, ... expostulating on stuff... that you think is 'NEW' or 'Relevant'...

Last edited:

I don't own one either.

That never-give-an-inch NRA Rambo mentality is why my future guns rights are at great risk. I'm 71, so maybe I'll make it to the end before that happens.

F' that...'Lakhota'..You are to have arms commensurate to that of the 'civil governance' exerted over you." there to protect you "... (the police) ... Never equivocate... it is your constitutional right to maintain your "arms viability" commensurate to that of the police... until you no longer deem yourself up to the task. You are fulfilling an important Constitutional task by lingering in your current role of gun ownership... Thank you..

Last edited:
F' that...'Lakhota'..You are to have arms commensurate to that of the 'civil governance' exerted over you." there to protect you "... (the police) ... Never equivocate... it is your constitutional right to maintain your "arms viability" commensurate to that of the police... until you no longer deem yourself up to the task. You are fulfilling an important Constitutional task by lingering in your current role of gun ownership... Thank you..

"Commensurate to that of the civil governance"? That's hilarious on several levels - including the fact that many police forces have become militarized - complete with heavy military equipment. Hilarious...

I don't own one either.

True, But apparently ARs are the “scariest” To pussy whipped bitches....
But here is the real reason...
its-because-im-black-isnt-it1.jpg

I don't own one either.

The real difference is the Cyclic Rate. The AR has a much higher one than the Mini-14.
:bsflag:

I don't own one either.

That never-give-an-inch NRA Rambo mentality is why my future guns rights are at great risk. I'm 71, so maybe I'll make it to the end before that happens.
I'm OK with being ridiculed... take the time to understand how our nation was formed and the "fabric" that holds it all together through the strains of time... before relinquishing your Mini-14. .. Just KNOW.. It does have significance and could be a learning tool. in how you relinquish it at the age of 71...

Last edited:

I don't own one either.

Washington Redskin, you do realize the cowardly pieces of shit that are gun grabbers like yourself will not stop Anything short of absolute gun confiscation...
There is nothing reasonable about progressives

I don't own one either.

I'm OK with being ridiculed... take the time to understand how our nation was formed and the "fabric" that holds it all together through the strains of time... before relinquishing your Mini-14. .. Just KNOW.. It does have significance and will be a learning tool. in how you relinquish it at the age of 71...

Don't fault me for not being delusional and paranoid. I'm a realist.

I don't own one either.

Shit for brains, The cycling rate can vary between both ARs and minis, depending on the manufacturer, Bolt and carrier weights, buffer springs, gas system, etc. THEY ARE BASICALLY THE SAME...
Over the counter ARs generally shot 1” inch MOA, where as over the counter minis shot around 2” inch MOA.
You don’t have a clue of what you’re talking about…

Twenty-Eighth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America

Section 1. The second article of amendment to the Constitution of the United States is hereby repealed.

Section 2. The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Section 3. Laws regulating the licensing of firearm owners, the registration of firearms, and governing the permissible number and nature of firearms and munitions, shall not be construed as infringement.

Section 4. Congress shall have the power to establish firearms standards and systems for purposes of regulation and related monitoring and enforcement to which the several States shall be obliged to subscribe and adhere.

Section 5. Congress shall have the power to enact laws to enforce these provisions.

Last edited:

I don't own one either.

When the Mini-14 becomes the weapon of choice for mass murders you may be right. But with it's slow cyclic rate it never will make that grade. Now unless you find some kind of compromise, you may be right. You want it all your way. Not going to happen. Anymore than all firearms will be banned either. Meanwhile, it's unsafe to send the Children to school or church or to a concert or.........
Delusional snowflake

Remember that immigrants what not only made this country but what keeps making great. We tell you that we lived in countries where people don't have to get shot regularly it'll be wise to study why. And not be arrogant and keep counting dead bodies.

Great Britain further restricted gun laws in 1986, the gun deaths dropped but the murder rate continued to rise until 1995 when they hire more law enforcement officers. Instead of guns, the murders found other methods to kill people. You want to kill someone, you will find a away.
That's an apologist argument. Gun deaths and deaths from violence in general are higher in the US. And as I havestated as an example multiple times , a person with a gun can kill multiple pepple at once effortlessly , now goodluck with a knife or a hammer.

Mean time I tell my friends all over the world, that there are people who defend owning guns, they can't comprehend it and they view you as crazy, paranoid, violent and lunatic.

Ps: I know you don't give a fuck about the rest of the world, and you don't give a fuck about kids being killed.

First off, you are wrong, if guns were the reason for the violence why did gun deaths go down and murders go up? According to what you claim, gun deaths would go down and murders would go down but it simply isn’t true. So, the issue isn’t the guns, the issue is the culture here in the United States. We need to change the culture, I have stated this fact many times in the past but it seems to go beyond people that have one agenda. The other issue is a mental health issue.

The rest of your post is an emotional rant and does nothing to further the discussion and quite frankly they are emotion based lies. That seems to be a left tactic like tossing in a race card, highly emotional yet no substance.

You want to change the culture, fine, then you are working on solutions, to simply ban guns won’t change anything and Britain’s stats proved that.
.....also, the strict gun laws in certain places here often foster MORE gun crimes. Kennesaw, Georgia has a law that says every household must have a firearm. The gun crime rate in Kennesaw is lower than almost any other place in the nation. Chicago has the most stringent gun laws...and the highest gun crime rate.

650 murders last year in Chicago.
25 years murder-free in ‘Gun Town USA’

ZERO murders in the last 25 years in Kennesaw.

25 years murder-free in ‘Gun Town USA’

It has low crime, yes. But so do most towns of 21K or less. Without or Without the peculiar gun law that they passed. Just down the road is a town of the same size. It has had NO gun crimes in at least 20 years. Now, compare Houston and you get a completely different set of figures. Try not to cherry pick. It's too easy to see past it.
I agree the small size of the town makes gun crimes less probable. Chicago remains the supreme example of proof that strict gun laws do not prevent gun crimes.

Give me a link that names the town just down the road....

Forum List

Back