The right to a job.

It might be helpful if your question made more sense.

Well, Unions have been screaming for years that everybody has a right to a job, so has alot of people on the left. But when it comes to the right to work "As in the right to work laws" then they say that is not exceptable. What they really mean is, you have a right to a job as long as you join their union and pay the piper.

Well, the answer would be that "Right to Work" laws have nothing to do with a right to work.

Huh? :cuckoo:

Well, Unions have been screaming for years that everybody has a right to a job, so has alot of people on the left. But when it comes to the right to work "As in the right to work laws" then they say that is not exceptable. What they really mean is, you have a right to a job as long as you join their union and pay the piper.

Well, the answer would be that "Right to Work" laws have nothing to do with a right to work.

Huh? :cuckoo:

It's similar to how "No Child Left Behind" left a lot of children behind.

Anyone seeking a job at a non-union company.

Are you under the impression that all jobs in union shop states are union jobs?

More dancing.
Name one worker in your state that applies at a union shop that is hired if they refuse to join the mob.
Discrimination. You support it, I fight it.

So, if I applied for a job at McDonald's, and demanded $100,000 a year, would it be discrimination if they didn't hire me?

More side stepping, distortions, slant, weave, bob and dancing.
McDonalds is not a union shop company.
All you have because you know that union shops are mob rule that discriminates against the individual.

Unions (imho) are like many things in this country. They served an important role in the beginning but could not limit themselves to just that role. They had to expand their role (and their power) beyond what is justified.

In terms of improving workplace safety and in terms of improving working conditions beyond slave-like situations, they serve a useful purpose. In terms of telling an employer who he can and who he cannot hire, they have far exceeded their justifiable role.

Just MHO

I agree. They take in a lot of union dues and they use it to elect politicians that the workers may not support.

I think it stinks that some people can't get jobs just because they don't want to join a union. That is wrong because it completely takes away a person's choice.

Forum List

Back