The right thing is not always the popular thing.

SavannahMann

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2016
I have posted many times telling the Democrats to adapt some populist issues to increase their electoral chances. Now, I am going to talk about when not doing so is the correct choice.

Leading, and being a leader, is more than walking at the front of the pack. It is doing what you believe is right, as in not wrong. It is standing for what you believe in, as a national priority. Even if those things are unpopular, you stand for them because it is right.

There are times when every President tries this. Sometimes it makes them, sometimes it breaks them. George W. Bush tried to push for Amnesty, and Washington was flooded with bricks sent by people who wanted Congress to build the wall. Was Bush right? I don’t think so, but he believed he was.

The world is in uproar because the United States has recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. Better, or worse, the United States has pledged to move the Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem in recognition of this.

Well. Israel says that the capital of their country is Jerusalem. So the most that can be said of nations that do not recognize this fact, is that they are either incredibly obtuse, or delusional.

How did we get here? How did we get to this point in history? Well, we got here because the Jews refused to die. They refused to trust their future to the world ever again. I can’t really blame them for that. The Jews have been hated for two thousand years. When the Crusaders marched, the tormented, and killed the Jews they found along the way. On their way to destroy the Muslims who had taken the Holy Land, and they were going to kill the Jews they found along the way. History of the Jews and the Crusades - Wikipedia

This isn’t hyperbole, it isn’t propaganda, it is established historical fact.

The “occupied territories” is another laughable argument.

How did Israel occupy those territories? They were attacked, and the counter attacks captured land.

Let’s say we sit down to a major game of Poker. During the game you put up the Pink Slip to your car. You lose, and I get the car. You gambled and lost. That’s the thing about gambling, the old advice of only gambling what you can afford to lose comes to mind. Am I the bad guy because you gambled, and lost? I could have lost, and you would have kept your car and won a lot more. But you lost. So you lost your car.

A year later, you come back to the table, this time you have the college funds for your kids, and you also have your house. I warn you that if you play, you will lose. You play, you lose. I am not the bastard in this situation. You lost your house. You lost it by gambling it. You risked big and you lost big.

The Palestinian people who evacuated their homes at the beginning did so not because the Jews told them to. They did so because they did not want to be in the middle of the war where the various Arab forces were going to slaughter the Jews to the last. Only it didn’t happen. The Jews won, and kept winning. Now, it’s not fair that the Jews won despite being outnumbered, outgunned, and starved of supplies in the early years.

The Occupied Territories were where the fighting took place. During the various wars, where the goal was to eliminate the Jews, the Arabs were not only stopped, but pushed back. Egypt decided for peace after they lost the entire Sinai Desert to the Jews. A move so unpopular that Sadat was assassinated by the Military.

Even in peace, the Egyptians keep sneaking weapons in to Hamas so they can keep fighting the damned Jews. Officially there is peace, and even diplomatic relations. Unofficially they support the destruction of the Jews.

So how did we get here? Britain during the First World War promised everyone everything if they would join in the war against the Germans. They promised Jerusalem to the Jews, and to the Palestinians. They promised a hell of a lot to a lot of different groups. All to fight the Germans. Remember Lawrence of Arabia if you don’t understand what I mean. He promised the Arabs all the territory that was also promised to many others.

The world wants to see the Jews and Muslims living in peace, coexisting in a land of flowers and unicorns, and rainbows. But there is a problem with that. The Muslims won’t stop trying to kill the Jews. The Palestinian argue that they can’t get food or medical supplies. Yet they can get rockets to fire at Israel on a nearly daily basis. Children in Israel do the “Duck and Cover” drills. Not for nuclear weapons, well, not exclusively for that. But for rockets and incoming artillery.

Now, let’s talk about that peace. Israel wants to live in peace. Palestine wants to live in a world free from Jews. Where is the point that compromise can be reached?

To win this game, Palestinians have to stop gambling with their futures. They have to stop going all in every day. They have to stop putting their retirements into the proverbial pot. If they stop that, then Israel will have little choice but to start granting concessions. But that won’t happen. The Palestinians elected Hamas, a terrorist group, to be their political leaders.

People want to see the Palestinians as the underdog, the smaller guy getting picked on. But Israel is far smaller than all the enemies gathered around her.

We can’t force the two sides to stop the combat. So we have a choice, who would be the best for us, and the region if they won. In that you have to conclude Israel. We have enough territory in the Middle East controlled by radical Islamic terrorists. Libya, huge swaths of Syria, Yemen, Iraq, and the list goes on and on and on. Until the Palestinian people knock off the nonsense, I’m going to continue to support Israel. I refuse to delve into the soft anti-Semitic crap that both the left, and right embrace.

You can encourage, but you can’t force people to live in peace. They have to want to live, and let live. I believe Israel would be willing, with a few assurances of the intent to do the same. I know the Palestinians do not have a similar desire. I refuse to reward the radical Islamic nonsense.

Forum List

Back