The Right Supported Gun Control

Typical left wing loon response. If you had any reading comprehension skills you would understand that I said "The left would.......if it could.." which isn't the same as "the left is, right this very minute".

I wonder why they all fear the NRA so much while they marginalize them with lies.:cool:

Here's BREAKING NEWS for some on the left.

Every gun owner isn't in agreement with the NRA.

Probably because the NRA has bitch-slapped them time after time.

And rightly so. See they have no respect for the Constitution to begin with so how can they not attack an organization that does.

when they thought that Black Panthers were going to get guns.

too funny...

this included both the NRA and Ronald Reagan.

Now, i don't have a problem with that...

but i suspect they'd take the same position today.

That was before the NRA started writing Congressmen the big checks...

too funny...

That was before the NRA started writing Congressmen the big checks...

Funny, you all don't mind Unions, Planned Parenthood, etc writing checks to Congresscritters or even buying a President..I guess only certain people or groups have that right

Last edited:
1. Unlike you sheep, we aren't a 1-issue people. We have individual and independant thoughts, and we weight all issues.

2. That ban had expired, and there's no doubt that had Romney been elected, he would not have reinstated it.

3. You're a left wing looney toon.

Wow three swings and misses in one post.

Impressive.

Looks like you're out.

His avatar is really throwing me.

For real.

I almost posted "I hate it when Mom and Dad fight" til I realized it wasn't del.

Last edited:

If you demand a link, you are obligated to read it...

The Secret History of Guns

7xDt5.jpg

The Ku Klux Klan, Ronald Reagan, and, for most of its history, the NRA all worked to control guns. The Founding Fathers? They required gun ownership—and regulated it. And no group has more fiercely advocated the right to bear loaded weapons in public than the Black Panthers—the true pioneers of the modern pro-gun movement. In the battle over gun rights in America, both sides have distorted history and the law, and there’s no resolution in sight.

The eighth-grade students gathering on the west lawn of the state capitol in Sacramento were planning to lunch on fried chicken with California’s new governor, Ronald Reagan, and then tour the granite building constructed a century earlier to resemble the nation’s Capitol. But the festivities were interrupted by the arrival of 30 young black men and women carrying .357 Magnums, 12-gauge shotguns, and .45-caliber pistols.

The 24 men and six women climbed the capitol steps, and one man, Bobby Seale, began to read from a prepared statement. “The American people in general and the black people in particular,” he announced, must

take careful note of the racist California legislature aimed at keeping the black people disarmed and powerless Black people have begged, prayed, petitioned, demonstrated, and everything else to get the racist power structure of America to right the wrongs which have historically been perpetuated against black people The time has come for black people to arm themselves against this terror before it is too late.

Seale then turned to the others. “All right, brothers, come on. We’re going inside.” He opened the door, and the radicals walked straight into the state’s most important government building, loaded guns in hand. No metal detectors stood in their way.

It was May 2, 1967, and the Black Panthers’ invasion of the California statehouse launched the modern gun-rights movement.

The Founding Fathers instituted gun laws so intrusive that, were they running for office today, the NRA would not endorse them. While they did not care to completely disarm the citizenry, the founding generation denied gun ownership to many people: not only slaves and free blacks, but law-abiding white men who refused to swear loyalty to the Revolution.

For those men who were allowed to own guns, the Founders had their own version of the “individual mandate” that has proved so controversial in President Obama’s health-care-reform law: they required the purchase of guns. A 1792 federal law mandated every eligible man to purchase a military-style gun and ammunition for his service in the citizen militia. Such men had to report for frequent musters—where their guns would be inspected and, yes, registered on public rolls.

Opposition to gun control was what drove the black militants to visit the California capitol with loaded weapons in hand.

The Panthers, however, took it to an extreme, carrying their guns in public, displaying them for everyone—especially the police—to see.

Don Mulford, a conservative Republican state assemblyman from Alameda County, which includes Oakland, was determined to end the Panthers’ police patrols. To disarm the Panthers, he proposed a law that would prohibit the carrying of a loaded weapon in any California city.

The Panthers’ methods provoked an immediate backlash. The day of their statehouse protest, lawmakers said the incident would speed enactment of Mulford’s gun-control proposal. Mulford himself pledged to make his bill even tougher, and he added a provision barring anyone but law enforcement from bringing a loaded firearm into the state capitol.

Republicans in California eagerly supported increased gun control. Governor Reagan told reporters that afternoon that he saw “no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons.” He called guns a “ridiculous way to solve problems that have to be solved among people of good will.” In a later press conference, Reagan said he didn’t “know of any sportsman who leaves his home with a gun to go out into the field to hunt or for target shooting who carries that gun loaded.” The Mulford Act, he said, “would work no hardship on the honest citizen.”

The fear inspired by black people with guns also led the United States Congress to consider new gun restrictions, after the summer of 1967 brought what the historian Harvard Sitkoff called the “most intense and destructive wave of racial violence the nation had ever witnessed.” Devastating riots engulfed Detroit and Newark. Police and National Guardsmen who tried to help restore order were greeted with sniper fire.

more

ah yes.....the Black Panthers were "the true pioneers of the modern pro-gun movement".....:lol:

Panther Leader Bobby Seale.....influenced by Muslim Black Supremacist Malcolm X.....was one of the Chicago 8 who went to jail for conspiracy and inciting to riot in Chicago 1968 at the Democrat National Convention....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEFsBF1X1ow]Chicago - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

too funny...

Very interrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrresting.

So Ms Jill, you do understand that the first step government uses to control people is to disarm them.

So then WHY THE FUCKETH do you support disarming the rest of us?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

too funny...

So Ms Jill, you do understand that the first step government uses to control people is to disarm them.

So then WHY THE FUCKETH do you support disarming the rest of us?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Maybe she is seeing dollar signs in it, she is a lawyer..
When we are held up at gunpoint we should get her and sue the bastards who did it..

too funny...

maybe she worked for Mayor Daly before working for Mayor Bloomberg.....?

Forum List

Back