The right side of atheism

Frankly, most of the athiests I know (and have known in the past) act far more like truly religious people than most of the outwardly religious people I know, lol.

It's a facade we have when not being jerks on the internet.

Nahhh- it's because you guys have more of a logical and reason-based foundation for how to live in a civil manner. Not the ones who are atheists based on rebellion toward their parents and childhood- they are just angry and insecure, but the ones like you who feel secure in their own path. There are atheists who disbelieve because it's the "intellectual" thing to do, and there are atheists who are just pissed off and feel cheated, then there are those who would be the same person regardless of their belief status.

Religion should be a personal thing, not public. Religious views and political leanings don't have to reflect each other. Not all Christians are conservative, and not all Liberals are athiests. My hope is to one day have a true seperation of state and religion. My problem with religion, any religion, is that they try to pass laws based on their specific moral code and the system wasn't designed that way.

Believe it not, according to the Bible, Church and State will be a MAJOR issue in the last days, in the world in general and in this country playing a particular role in the controversy. BTW, this country came into existense because of that battle, Church and State. The pilgrims were running away from persucution of the Church in Europe and wanted their own country with their own laws NOT based on Religious beliefs. That's why it's there in the first place. I would imagine very few, if any, other countries have such laws written into place. Or at least began with such laws as you have here in the USA. Even the ones that certain people typically refer to as heathen nations. Those same "heathen nations" usually have or had laws that were based on some religion.

Hint: We're in the last days.

the pilgrims had nothing to do with the founding of this country....... in fact, the first thing they did when they arrived her was ban religion practices different fomr theirs... they werent looking for religious freedom, they were looking for a place where they could be the oppressors.......

issues between church and state has been an issue since the invention of church and state..... which means every era for the last 2000 years has been the "end days"..... and each generation going back to the first doomday prophecyt had people that were convinced their generation was the last one.........

Last edited:
The right side of atheism​

I am a rare person. My political views tend to be extremely right-wing and I am atheist.

In my past, I used to be more militant about being anti-god and anti-religion and anti-spiritual. I no longer take that position. I see atheists on this board (and other boards) that seem to want to do nothing more than try to ridicule people for their religious beliefs. Often times, it takes the guise of blaming current people for the atrocities of past religious leaders. That is a false stance to take. Nobody alive today took part in the crusades. Nobody alive today rode with Mohammed and carried a sword for him. The atrocities of the past belong to those of the past.

I look at my friends that carry religion as a part of their life. Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, Taoists, Wiccans, Hindus, etc. All of them, with no exceptions, use their religion as a guide towards being a better person. They all strive to live up to the positive influences their religion has upon them. I see none that seek out hate or evil within their religious beliefs. None that justify evil with religion. I may disagree with some of their stances that are based upon their religion, but I see so many more stances based upon their religion that is positive and for the betterment of themselves, their community and mankind. If god (or religion) is the reason for them to take positive action in their life, then I find no problem with that simply because I don’t believe in their god. If belief in their god, their religion or their spirituality is what makes them a better person, who am I to argue or disparage that? I say more power to them.

I am conservative, I am atheist, and that is my point of view.

ayn rand was an athiest and her randian utopia was a place without religion.......

a thing many on the right forget or ignore in their worship of her......

The funniest thing I ever heard in my life was when an Atheist told me, "I swear to God I'm an Atheist."

Frankly, most of the athiests I know (and have known in the past) act far more like truly religious people than most of the outwardly religious people I know, lol.

Nahhh- it's because you guys have more of a logical and reason-based foundation for how to live in a civil manner. Not the ones who are atheists based on rebellion toward their parents and childhood- they are just angry and insecure, but the ones like you who feel secure in their own path. There are atheists who disbelieve because it's the "intellectual" thing to do, and there are atheists who are just pissed off and feel cheated, then there are those who would be the same person regardless of their belief status.

It seems to me (and particularly on message boards) that the militant/angry/insecure atheists tend to shout a lot.
It always amuses me when an atheist that gets pissed off if some religious person tells them what to believe wants to tell said religious person what to believe.

The right side of atheism​

I am a rare person. My political views tend to be extremely right-wing and I am atheist.

In my past, I used to be more militant about being anti-god and anti-religion and anti-spiritual. I no longer take that position. I see atheists on this board (and other boards) that seem to want to do nothing more than try to ridicule people for their religious beliefs. Often times, it takes the guise of blaming current people for the atrocities of past religious leaders. That is a false stance to take. Nobody alive today took part in the crusades. Nobody alive today rode with Mohammed and carried a sword for him. The atrocities of the past belong to those of the past.

I look at my friends that carry religion as a part of their life. Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, Taoists, Wiccans, Hindus, etc. All of them, with no exceptions, use their religion as a guide towards being a better person. They all strive to live up to the positive influences their religion has upon them. I see none that seek out hate or evil within their religious beliefs. None that justify evil with religion. I may disagree with some of their stances that are based upon their religion, but I see so many more stances based upon their religion that is positive and for the betterment of themselves, their community and mankind. If god (or religion) is the reason for them to take positive action in their life, then I find no problem with that simply because I don’t believe in their god. If belief in their god, their religion or their spirituality is what makes them a better person, who am I to argue or disparage that? I say more power to them.

I am conservative, I am atheist, and that is my point of view.

ayn rand was an athiest and her randian utopia was a place without religion.......

a thing many on the right forget or ignore in their worship of her......

Wouldn't "worship" turn it into a religious act? :eusa_whistle:

Only religious people who do anything to harass, ridicule, or anything against others for the reason of religion or because they don't agree deserve to get shit.

I believe that people who have different beliefs should be entitled to them.

As for Islam.... I'm STILL going to point out their beliefs and crimes. Believe in Islam and abide by the laws of US? Have a cookie! You are safe.

Only religious people who do anything to harass, ridicule, or anything against others for the reason of religion or because they don't agree deserve to get shit.

I believe that people who have different beliefs should be entitled to them.

As for Islam.... I'm STILL going to point out their beliefs and crimes. Believe in Islam and abide by the laws of US? Have a cookie! You are safe.
I'm no fan of Islam (or any religion), but your post seems to be self-contradictory.

It seems to me (and particularly on message boards) that the militant/angry/insecure atheists tend to shout a lot.
It always amuses me when an atheist that gets pissed off if some religious person tells them what to believe wants to tell said religious person what to believe.

Politically, I draw the line at laws. Let me buy and sell whatever I want - especially on Sundays, eat, drink & smoke what I want in the privacy of my own home, and sleep with whomever I choose in the privacy of my own bedroom and and we're good. Believe whatever you want to about earths origins and the destiny of mankind.

Religion should be a personal thing, not public. Religious views and political leanings don't have to reflect each other. Not all Christians are conservative, and not all Liberals are athiests. My hope is to one day have a true seperation of state and religion. My problem with religion, any religion, is that they try to pass laws based on their specific moral code and the system wasn't designed that way.

In this country we have 'freedom of religion', not 'freedom from religion'. This means I support your right to be offended by the sight of a crucifix or some other religious symbol. Don't like public displays of religion, don't look.

It always amazes me how many atheists celebrate Christmas though. Always makes me laugh.

In this country we have 'freedom of religion', not 'freedom from religion'. This means I support your right to be offended by the sight of a crucifix or some other religious symbol. Don't like public displays of religion, don't look.

It always amazes me how many atheists celebrate Christmas though. Always makes me laugh

The same could be said of Christians given that Christmas was formerly a pagan festival known as Saturnalia. :eusa_whistle:

It always amazes me how many atheists celebrate Christmas though. Always makes me laugh.

Christmas doesn't have much to do with christianity anymore, not that I see at least.

Spending time with family, exchanging presents, Santa Claus, reindeer, stockings, christmas tree and decorations, etc. None of those things are solely christian things.

Besides December 25th was a holiday before christianity came to be.

I'm atheist and about as hardcore fiscally conservative as can be. I'm finding it's not as rare as you'd think among atheists. I want most gov't programs/departments done away with, and the ones we keep to have their budgets slashed.

I do hold some positions that society deems to be socially liberal. I want gov't out of marriage, somehow that's deemed liberal. I'm straight, but I think it's despicable that gays aren't allowed to get married in most places. That'll change though, just look at what's already happening. I'm also pro-choice, but I want Roe v Wade done away with.

Let's face it, folks.

Religious nutters and anti-relious nutters just like to insult one another.

You religion or lack of it is none of my business.

My religion or lack of it is none of yours.

This is a SECULAR society and I sincerely hope it reamins so.

If it doesn't then freedom of religion will be a thing of the past.

Why?

Because history show us, time after time, that the people most likely to persecute the religious are OTHER religious people.

Let's face it, folks.

Religious nutters and anti-relious nutters just like to insult one another.

You religion or lack of it is none of my business.

My religion or lack of it is none of yours.

This is a SECULAR society and I sincerely hope it reamins so.

If it doesn't then freedom of religion will be a thing of the past.

Why?

Because history show us, time after time, that the people most likely to persecute the religious are OTHER religious people.
US society is far from secular.

Our government is, though.

Anyone who believes or doesn't believe needs to suck it up, grow a pair, and accept the fact that others have differing beliefs.

I am conservative, I am atheist, and that is my point of view.​

You are not Conservative, probably a RINO, Blue Dog or something else. All True Conservatives are church-going Bible-reading Christians, many of those were born again.The Holy Bible is the Foundation of Conservatism, period.​

Forum List

Back