The Right of the People (individually) to...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bootney Lee Farnsworth, Oct 3, 2017.

?

We should all have the right to full-auto military assault rifles and S.A.W.s

1. Yes.

14 vote(s)
    43.8%
  2. No.

18 vote(s)
    56.3%
  1. flacaltenn

flacaltenn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,764
    You screwed it up by declaring "ALL" --- meaning "EVERYBODY".. So it's no.. In Nevada you can get a license to retain a full auto military weapon. But the RESTRICTIONS on that special license are massive. And it's usually issued to gun ranges and tact training facilities.

It's fine with me to draw some lines. Like "automatic fire" weapons. Probably is -- most PEOPLE have no concept of what that actually means. The "bump fire" thing was new to me, and I grew up COUCHING a Junior rifle team and shooting all manner of weapons. THAT is an example of where Congress and lawmakers are always YEARS behind the train.

Congress needs to focus on their PRIMARY responsibilities, so that we all just don't SUDDENLY discover the loopholes when a tragedy occurs. I don't give a rip if I can't procure a full auto or get around it with a tricky bump stock. But I DO resent folks who don't actually HELP to find these "cheats" BEFORE people die.

This is from a guy who interprets the 2nd Amendment FUNDAMENTALLY.. And I recognize that a mere citizen could own a 18th century man o' war frigate with 10 cannon on it and be PAID by the Feds to go hunt pirates.

But the amount of firepower in a single hand does bother me. Considering how sick our society is and how fast we're circling the drain. THERE'S your "KILLING POTENTIAL" right there in a nutshell. It's a society that doesn't DESERVE the responsibilities of good citizens that the Constitution was designed for.

2. radical right

radical right Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,164
    They actually did this, before they undid it.

When they put a ban on large capacity magazines, they effectively made bump stocks, full-auto mod kits, special multi-shot triggers, you name it, they were made pointless.

There was no advantage in firing 7 shots instead of in 2 seconds being able to do it in 1/2 second. Since you're done, until you change magazines before you can do it again.

3. Vastator

Vastator Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,558
    No. They weren't. They wanted the civilians to be as equally armed as the government military; so when the consent to be governed was revoked, the citizens could enforce it. That's why the 2nd amendment exists.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. flacaltenn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,764
    What do you expect? Congress is inept, ill-informed, and self-absorbed. There's still the states.
    I don't 7 was a special number. And I don't care if it's 10. But the OTHER STUFF you mentioned, needs to be nailed down.

5. flacaltenn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,764
    What do y'all expect from Congress? 2/3 of them judge a firearm on how it LOOKS for Gawd sakes.

6. radical right

radical right Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,164
    When it comes to controlling full-auto or pseudo full-auto, the easiest way is to limit the size of the magazine. Because magazines are harder to make than bump stocks and conversion kits.

7. Bootney Lee Farnsworth

Bootney Lee Farnsworth Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,433
    So, what you're saying is...it's alive....IT'S ALIVE !!!

8. NYcarbineer

NYcarbineer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +41,399
    Do you know why we have a Supreme Court?

9. Marion Morrison

Marion Morrison Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,896

Well that's just depressing. :oops:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Crackerjack

Crackerjack Too sick for a cure

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,049
    False premise. We do have the right to such weapons. The question (in some people's minds, unfortunately) is whether the state should recognize that right.