The Right Not To Be Offended

My bad. I hadn't realized before that you were actually pretty darn stupid. What a ridiculous comparison.

Not "pretty darn stupid", just didn't make my point clearly, I concede.

The comparison I failed to make clearer does actually hold water, if you'll allow me to explain, properly. What's the difference between a teaching assistant leaving some printed material in an unoccupied room without notifying those directly responsible for the room and what is allowed in and out, to a group of students, who, through their financial comittment to their educational course, are allowed to enter an unoccupied room and leave some printed material in an unoccupied room. Yes, I concede that the employment relationship between a teaching assistant and the governors is hierachically superiour to that of a group of students and the governors. But they're both still allowed, within teaching hours, to enter an unlocked classroom (not lab), as long as what they do in that room doesn't breach campus policy - note: the ban on the distribution of 'literature' didn't outline what the literature had to contain in order for it to be defined as unwelcome/banned. So, seeing as clear definition has yet to be presented, the distribution of all literature (educationally relevant or not), should, according to hazy campus policy, be banned.

Instead of dismissing what I've written in one, sweeping sentence, could you prove to us all that you aren't "pretty darn" ignorant by replying in detail. If that's not too much to ask, that is.
A teaching assistant will be putting out literature that pertains to the lesson at hand. If he or she is putting out literature that doesn't pertain to the class I imagine he or she will soon be looking for another job.

Your comparison is still ridiculous.

It's not ridiculous at all, because your contention seems to be the manner in which the material was deposited. If the teaching assistant was to leave a note informing the teacher that their car had been broken into, which hardly pertains to the lesson, then, using your logic, they would be in equal breach of campus policy. But, bearing in mind that the college had banned the distribution of literature "on vast areas of the campus", anyone, staff or students, passing on printed text would be in breach of campus policy, and run the risk of suspension or dismissal.

Not "pretty darn stupid", just didn't make my point clearly, I concede.

The comparison I failed to make clearer does actually hold water, if you'll allow me to explain, properly. What's the difference between a teaching assistant leaving some printed material in an unoccupied room without notifying those directly responsible for the room and what is allowed in and out, to a group of students, who, through their financial comittment to their educational course, are allowed to enter an unoccupied room and leave some printed material in an unoccupied room. Yes, I concede that the employment relationship between a teaching assistant and the governors is hierachically superiour to that of a group of students and the governors. But they're both still allowed, within teaching hours, to enter an unlocked classroom (not lab), as long as what they do in that room doesn't breach campus policy - note: the ban on the distribution of 'literature' didn't outline what the literature had to contain in order for it to be defined as unwelcome/banned. So, seeing as clear definition has yet to be presented, the distribution of all literature (educationally relevant or not), should, according to hazy campus policy, be banned.

Instead of dismissing what I've written in one, sweeping sentence, could you prove to us all that you aren't "pretty darn" ignorant by replying in detail. If that's not too much to ask, that is.
A teaching assistant will be putting out literature that pertains to the lesson at hand. If he or she is putting out literature that doesn't pertain to the class I imagine he or she will soon be looking for another job.

Your comparison is still ridiculous.

It's not ridiculous at all, because your contention seems to be the manner in which the material was deposited. If the teaching assistant was to leave a note informing the teacher that their car had been broken into, which hardly pertains to the lesson, then, using your logic, they would be in equal breach of campus policy. But, bearing in mind that the college had banned the distribution of literature "on vast areas of the campus", anyone, staff or students, passing on printed text would be in breach of campus policy, and run the risk of suspension or dismissal.
Only someone with Ravi fever would slpit hairs the way you are.

What if it turned out the student distributing the leaflets was dressed in a burka?

I'm going to have to dismiss you, Swagger. The TA is acting as the arm of the teacher, not as a student. Your comparison buggers the imagination.

It doesn't "bugger the imagination", Ravi, you're just impervious to logic. But if you want to continue in your dismissal without reason, then that's fine by me.

Ravi clearly does not let the truth get in the way of a good insult. It one of the things that bother me about USMB. Why do so many use this medium to use bad language and insults where they are safe.. I am betting that out on the street where someone might be offended the keep their ample mount shut.

More than anyone else who is a regular on the board, Ravi's posts show an inordinate fear of being seen as wrong.

And actual, palpable fear.

How about just putting the damn thing in the trash can and get on with life. Having said that I was offended this morning driving to work when I was almost run over by an SUV that didn't have working turn signals. I wonder if there is a law against that.

Ravi clearly does not let the truth get in the way of a good insult. It one of the things that bother me about USMB. Why do so many use this medium to use bad language and insults where they are safe.. I am betting that out on the street where someone might be offended the keep their ample mount shut.

More than anyone else who is a regular on the board, Ravi's posts show an inordinate fear of being seen as wrong.

And actual, palpable fear.
:lol:

Forum List

Back