The RICH should be taxed at 100% - Fair is Fair!

What was Obama, the smartest guy in any room's GPA again?

Give me a break... he's been sliding through life on minority & foreign student status his whole life.

He's a fucking dud who'd never survive outside academia or gubmint where there are actual standards and pressures to produce.

I agree that Obama is a complete and total incompetent.

Which says a lot about the GOP since it could not beat him.

The GOP didn't lose because Obama is some kind of Santa. Obama did not invent all the presents you get from the government in the way of tax expenditures and many other gifts you are so accustomed to you never even think of them as gifts any more.

The GOP lost because it has become even more incompetent than Obama at bringing superior ideas to the table. And that is really saying something.

Pretty pathetic.

It's hard to run against Santa Claus.

You clearly did not read my post. :lol:

The GOP didn't lose because Obama is some kind of Santa. Obama did not invent all the presents you get from the government in the way of tax expenditures and many other gifts you are so accustomed to you never even think of them as gifts any more.

The GOP lost because it has become even more incompetent than Obama at bringing superior ideas to the table. And that is really saying something.

Pretty pathetic.

He may not be Santa Claus, but a hefty sum of the population clearly sees him as such.

He may not have invented it, but people clearly thank him for their ObamaPhones.

Pretty pathetic.

Actually, I did.

G,

What modern President(s) ( past 40 years ) was/were.........in your opinion....competent?

Reagan and Clinton were both competent. Both were willing to admit when they had made a mistake or when the other side might have a better idea.

Reagan was an outstanding leader. He was not a micromanager. The man had priorities and stuck to them, and let the littler problems work themselves out. He was not afraid to put an idea on the table and then defend it. He had a lot of guts. He reduced taxes and then was not afraid to admit he had cut too deeply and so raised them slightly.

Clinton was a brilliant tactician. The ultimate politician. Despite being weighed down with a libido gone awry and an opposition party out to impeach him, he managed to work with Congress for a budget that would have reduced our national debt to zero by now if we had stuck to it. Alan Greenspan once said the best Republican President he served under was Bill Clinton. :lol:

I did not vote for Clinton, though. I did vote for Reagan twice.

Were both men flawed? Of course. They were human.

I'm not looking for perfection. Just competence.

Mitch McConnell and Barack Obama together are destroying our future.

I am seeing signals from Eric Cantor that give me hope, though.

Last edited:
G,

What modern President(s) ( past 40 years ) was/were.........in your opinion....competent?

Reagan and Clinton were both competent. Both were willing to admit when they had made a mistake or when the other side might have a better idea.

Reagan was an outstanding leader. He was not a micromanager. The man had priorities and stuck to them, and let the littler problems work themselves out. He was not afraid to put an idea on the table and then defend it. He had a lot of guts. He reduced taxes and then was not afraid to admit he had cut too deeply and so raised them slightly.

Clinton was a brilliant tactician. The ultimate politician. Despite being weighed down with a libido gone awry and an opposition party out to impeach him, he managed to work with Congress for a budget that would have reduced our national debt to zero by now if we had stuck to it. Alan Greenspan once said the best Republican President he served under was Bill Clinton. :lol:

I did not vote for Clinton, though. I did vote for Reagan twice.

Were both men flawed? Of course. They were human.

I'm not looking for perfection. Just competence.

Mitch McConnell and Barack Obama together are destroying our future.

I am seeing signals from Eric Cantor that give me hope, though.

One think stuck out for me. You really think Obama is not willing to admit when he makes a mistake or adopt ideas from the other side? How is it that a guy with your smarts buys that line of bull? You seem to pride yourself on being able to sift the BS from the facts. What happened in this case?

President Obama has been as accommodating toward the opposition as any modern POTUS.

And....Cantor? What has he done that gives you hope?

Lets take 100% of the income earned from wealthy Americans earning over $250k. A liberals dream right?

What happens then? Who's money could we take after the government is broke again after a few months?

When will the liberals acknowledge the fact that spending cuts need to be made?

i'm sorry, nutter, where on earth is anyone saying tax people at 100%? surely you know the difference between the tax rates before the bush tax cuts and after.

so given that you probably know those things, i think it's safe to say we can chalk you up to being a pathological liar.

thanks for playing.

Friedman suggested 91%

Friedman suggested 91%

Of course he did, sparky...

{Milton Friedman: I am in favor of cutting taxes under any circumstances and for any excuse, for any reason, whenever it’s possible. The reason I am is because I believe the big problem is not taxes, the big problem is spending. The question is, “How do you hold down government spending?” Government spending now amounts to close to 40% of national income not counting indirect spending through regulation and the like. If you include that, you get up to roughly half. The real danger we face is that number will creep up and up and up. The only effective way I think to hold it down, is to hold down the amount of income the government has. The way to do that is to cut taxes.}

An Interview With Milton Friedman | Right Wing News

Forum List

Back