The rich are being taxed, also why do we tax corporations?

Not to mention that because Cooperation's simply pass the cost of taxes onto their Customers. In the end it is we the consumers who pay that 255 Billion in taxes.

This is so true
Not really... that would assume a company could just raise prices without losing sales.

If you raise the tax a corporation pays and it does not raise its cost of the product they provide or sell then they will no longer exist
its that simple as it eats into there bottom line

This is so true
Not really... that would assume a company could just raise prices without losing sales.

If you raise the tax a corporation pays and it does not raise its cost of the product they provide or sell then they will no longer exist

That is also not true. A corporation can run forever without making a profit (they just can't continue to lose money).

Profit is what is left over after all expenses (not taxes) are taken from sales (gross income).

Taxes are a percentage of the net profit after deductions.

A profitable business could typically afford to offer better prices (and pay taxes) than a non-profitable business (not paying taxes).

That is also not true. A corporation can run forever without making a profit (they just can't continue to lose money).

Profit is what is left over after all expenses (not taxes) are taken from sales (gross income).

Taxes are a percentage of the net profit after deductions.

A profitable business could typically afford to offer better prices (and pay taxes) than a non-profitable business (not paying taxes).

Let me re phrase what I said
Its all about cash flow to start with. If you invest 1 million dollars and 2 years later you have not made any profit and your asset pile is the same
there maybe reasons one would want to keep that company going, such as tax relief from other items you have that make profit

Simply put
you raise my income tax 5%
I am going to be looking for a way to make that 5% up
if you estimate a construction project, when you roll up that "stuff" on what is called a cover sheet, that cover sheet should capture those cost

Forum List

Back