The Rib-a-palooza Begins

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
Nine racks of baby back ribs have just been placed in the smoker.

And so it begins.

This is BBQ - no braising or marinating.

We put a KC style dry rub on them a couple of hours before putting them in the smoker:

* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* 1/4 cup paprika
* 1 tablespoon black pepper
* 1 tablespoon salt
* 1 tablespoon chili powder
* 1 tablespoon garlic powder
* 1 tablespoon onion powder
* 1 teaspoon cayenne

This is BBQ - no braising or marinating.

We put a KC style dry rub on them a couple of hours before putting them in the smoker:

* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* 1/4 cup paprika
* 1 tablespoon black pepper
* 1 tablespoon salt
* 1 tablespoon chili powder
* 1 tablespoon garlic powder
* 1 tablespoon onion powder
* 1 teaspoon cayenne

really? wow okay....I am not a ribs bbq guy so I am just going off the seemingly unlimited bragging my friends make available when I go to their house they overnight their ribs, bake'em then BBQ them....beats me, I do steak, chicken very well, trip sliced and marinated my own way ribs are, well listening to them makes it sound like a a pain in the you know what, so, alas...

really? wow okay....I am not a ribs bbq guy so I am just going off the seemingly unlimited bragging my friends make available when I go to their house they overnight their ribs, bake'em then BBQ them....beats me, I do steak, chicken very well, trip sliced and marinated my own way ribs are, well listening to them makes it sound like a a pain in the you know what, so, alas...

You're talking about grilling - quick cooking over high heat. BBQ is low and slow...and takes hours. It's basic function is to cook tough cuts of meat until the connective tissue melts, making the meat tender and edible.

Braised ribs in the oven are fabulous (I have an excellent recipe for short ribs that is wonderful for cold weather dining).

Forum List

Back