The revolution in Egypt is part of a larger trend

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
Over the last 30 years more and more countries have gone from dictatorships to democracies. In Eastern Europe, South America, Asia, and now in the Middle East, people are moving toward democracy. The democratization of the world continues and will continue until every country in the world is democratic. This idea and ideal cannot be stopped.

And just think, the Egyptian revolution did not cost us a trillion dollars or the life of one American soldier.

And just think, the Egyptian revolution did not cost us a trillion dollars or the life of one American soldier.

This must be some new idiotic ad hominum meme to undermine The War of Iraqi Liberation.

The war of Iraqi Liberation:

The new Constitution of Iraq:

Article 2:

First: Islam is the official religion of the State and it is a fundamental source of legislation:

A. No law that contradicts the established provisions of Islam may be established.

Iraqi women used to dress like this:

laila_ali.jpg

But now that Republicans FREED them, they dress like this:

burka.jpg

Republicans view this as a "wild success" and a "great achievement".

Hard to believe Ailes and Murdoch decided to openly oppose freedom/democracy in the ME.

I've always known if one of these backwards dirtholes cleaned itself up (without US B1 bombers and the 4th ID leveling it first) and moved away from autocracy, they'd be pissed. And surprise surprise - they've got those lunatics at Beck & Co screaming "Muslim Brotherhood!!! OMG!!!".

But what's harder to believe is all the certified dullards eating that propaganda up, no questions asked. They're like zombies.

FoxNews_toilet.gif

Hard to believe Ailes and Murdoch decided to openly oppose freedom/democracy in the ME.

I've always known if one of these backwards dirtholes cleaned itself up (without US B1 bombers and the 4th ID leveling it first) and moved away from autocracy, they'd be pissed. And surprise surprise - they've got those lunatics at Beck & Co screaming "Muslim Brotherhood!!! OMG!!!".

But what's harder to believe is all the certified dullards eating that propaganda up, no questions asked. They're like zombies.

FoxNews_toilet.gif

Fox is owned by foreigner Rupert Murdoch. He sold another 7 to 9% to Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, the nephew of Saudi Arabian King Abdullah, and one of the richest men in the world.

The prince has a huge say in Fox because his small percentage plus Murdoch's own, are enough to prevent any hostile takeover of Fox. That gives the prince a lot of power.

They all carried a boxing glove around with them?:confused:

They had to. They were fighting off American Right Wingers who wanted to "free them". Too bad they lost.

burqa_liberation.jpg

You're a fucking idiot.

The truth often seems idiotic to the psychotic right.

Houzan Mahmoud: Do Iraq's Women Miss Saddam?

While the fall of Saddam Hussein has led to many overall improvements in personal freedoms and civil rights, the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq and subsequent courtship of socially conservative Islamic political groups has created quite a different picture for women.

Women no longer have many of the civil rights they were afforded under Saddam Hussein's regime. Sharia law has been written into Iraq's constitution, women have been barred from certain aspects of public life in many parts of the country, women's freedom of movement has been severely curtailed, sex trafficking, prostitution, abductions and assassinations of women have all risen and women in government no longer get a year of maternity leave - that has been cut to six months.

"In general women were living much better off under Saddam," Yanar Mohammed, a women's rights advocate with the Organisation of Women's Freedom in Iraq told The Media Line. "The Iraq that I grew up in was a very modern Iraq and we had basic human rights."

FoxNews_toilet.gif

Fox is owned by foreigner Rupert Murdoch. He sold another 7 to 9% to Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, the nephew of Saudi Arabian King Abdullah, and one of the richest men in the world.

The prince has a huge say in Fox because his small percentage plus Murdoch's own, are enough to prevent any hostile takeover of Fox. That gives the prince a lot of power.

Rupert Murdoch is a naturalized U.S. citizen. He had to give up his Australian citizenship as a condition of purchasing such huge American-based corporations.

It's amazing how naive or willfully ignorant people are...

Yes, it is.

Democracy and freedom are a natural human condition.

"We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal..."

This must be some new idiotic ad hominum meme to undermine The War of Iraqi Liberation.
So you would rather kill a country to save a country? Anytime war can be undermined as a foreign policy, it is a moral obligation to do just that.

Forum List

Back