The Results of Conservative Republican Policy

midcan5

liberal / progressive
Jun 4, 2007
America
A failure - and yet there are many who still argue for policies that move us closer to third world status.

"The trends were comparably daunting for children in poverty. When Clinton left office nearly 11.6 million children lived in poverty, according to the Census. When Bush left office that number had swelled to just under 14.1 million, an increase of more than 21 per cent."

'Closing The Book On The Bush Legacy' by Ronald Brownstein

"It's not a record many Republicans are likely to point to with pride.

On every major measurement, the Census Bureau report shows that the country lost ground during Bush's two terms. While Bush was in office, the median household income declined, poverty increased, childhood poverty increased even more, and the number of Americans without health insurance spiked. By contrast, the country's condition improved on each of those measures during Bill Clinton's two terms, often substantially.

The Census' final report card on Bush's record presents an intriguing backdrop to today's economic debate. Bush built his economic strategy around tax cuts, passing large reductions both in 2001 and 2003. Congressional Republicans are insisting that a similar agenda focused on tax cuts offers better prospects of reviving the economy than President Obama's combination of some tax cuts with heavy government spending. But the bleak economic results from Bush's two terms, tarnish, to put it mildly, the idea that tax cuts represent an economic silver bullet."

Closing The Book On The Bush Legacy - The Atlantic Politics Channel

Shrub and the bureaucracy expanding spendthrift congress during his tenure were NOT, in any way shape or manner, "conservative".

And why not? Is there a thought in your usual three word meaningless replies?

Bush cut taxes - conservatives cheered
Bush invaded a country - conservatives cheered
Bush selected ideologues to the SC - conservatives cheered
Bush vetoed child care - conservatives cheered
Bush started faith based initiatives - conservatives cheered
Bush reduced aid to our veterans - conservatives cheered
Bush engaged in illegal wire tapping - conservatives cheered
Bush reduced environmental regulations - conservatives cheered
Bush tried to outsource SS - conservatives cheered
Bush reduced taxes - conservatives cheered

There are lots lots more, that Bush is now not a conservative makes my head spin and is the epitome of hypocrisy.

It cannot be the policy of failure, seeing as it hasn't ever really been tried in earnest.

And all I'm "admitting" here is that those who have been identified by you as "conservatives" are fakes.

But you keep on tryin' to peddle that Hegelian bullshit...Eventually someone along the line will be as gullible as you and lap it up.

Bush cut taxes - conservatives cheered
Bush invaded a country - conservatives cheered
Bush selected ideologues to the SC - conservatives cheered
Bush vetoed child care - conservatives cheered
Bush started faith based initiatives - conservatives cheered
Bush reduced aid to our veterans - conservatives cheered
Bush engaged in illegal wire tapping - conservatives cheered
Bush reduced environmental regulations - conservatives cheered
Bush tried to outsource SS - conservatives cheered
Bush reduced taxes - conservatives cheered

No legit conservative was cheering when Bush gave us the biggest expansion in socialized medicine since LBJ or when he gave us No Child Left Behind, or when he increased federal hiring of civilians at more than double the rate of Clinton.

To say Bush failed is to say liberal economic policies failed.

A failure - and yet there are many who still argue for policies that move us closer to third world status.

"The trends were comparably daunting for children in poverty. When Clinton left office nearly 11.6 million children lived in poverty, according to the Census. When Bush left office that number had swelled to just under 14.1 million, an increase of more than 21 per cent."

'Closing The Book On The Bush Legacy' by Ronald Brownstein

"It's not a record many Republicans are likely to point to with pride.

On every major measurement, the Census Bureau report shows that the country lost ground during Bush's two terms. While Bush was in office, the median household income declined, poverty increased, childhood poverty increased even more, and the number of Americans without health insurance spiked. By contrast, the country's condition improved on each of those measures during Bill Clinton's two terms, often substantially.

The Census' final report card on Bush's record presents an intriguing backdrop to today's economic debate. Bush built his economic strategy around tax cuts, passing large reductions both in 2001 and 2003. Congressional Republicans are insisting that a similar agenda focused on tax cuts offers better prospects of reviving the economy than President Obama's combination of some tax cuts with heavy government spending. But the bleak economic results from Bush's two terms, tarnish, to put it mildly, the idea that tax cuts represent an economic silver bullet."

Closing The Book On The Bush Legacy - The Atlantic Politics Channel

Does the number of people living in poverty include the 12+ million illegal aliens?

The figures are probably nonsense. Looking at raw numbers is largely meaningless. How do those numbers reflect the overall population? How is poverty defined for the purposes of the study? Did that definition change during the 8 years of Bush.

Pres Bush was a Republican in the mold of Richard Nixon, basically a big gov't politician. He never ended a program. He never vetoed a budget. He never said "this isn't the proper function of gov't". He went for protectionism with the steel tariff.
And the biggest tell tale sign Bush was not a conservative is that Obama has continued virtually every one of his policies.

1.Bush cut taxes - conservatives cheered
2.Bush invaded a country - conservatives cheered
3.Bush selected ideologues to the SC - conservatives cheered
4.Bush vetoed child care - conservatives cheered
5.Bush started faith based initiatives - conservatives cheered
6.Bush reduced aid to our veterans - conservatives cheered
7.Bush engaged in illegal wire tapping - conservatives cheered
8.Bush reduced environmental regulations - conservatives cheered
9.Bush tried to outsource SS - conservatives cheered
10.Bush reduced taxes - conservatives cheered

Please note 1 and 10 on your list are the same damn thing. And conservatives did cheer and should have.

2. A country we had already been at war with since before his daddy left the presidency and one which his predecessor had been dropping bombs on for more than 2 years.

3. Good for him. Better conservative ideologues than leftist one's we got from Clinton and will likely get from Obama.

4. A distortion at best an out and out lie at worst. Bush vetoed raising the ceiling for government funded childrens medical services to those making 80k a year.

5. Sorry no a lot of us had major reservations about getting the government involved with faith based charities.

6. How about some proof? Given that the left tends to report every reduction in the amount of increase for a given Department as a cut and that I doubt if your side would have bothered to increase such funding in any case this is a best a case of pot/kettle.

7.Sorry flat out wrong. There were no illegal wire taps ever proven to have been conducted however you may wish to interpret the laws of the land

8. Name one.

9. Should have been done 20 years ago.

He also did no child left behind which conservatives booed, The medicare drug program which conservatives booed and more than a few dozen other things which conservatives hated.

Bush was at best/worst only marginally more conservative than Bill Clinton.

Last edited:
The replies only prove my point. Policies that failed still have the moonies.

Repetition was purposeful - good to see you noticed.

I doubt illegals are even measurable - useless irrelevancy.

Bush is now a liberal how wacky is that! Labels are as meaningless as your comment.

Counter the ten points, don't give me more BS. Prove them wrong.

A Rabbi? How weird that the religious have no heart today!

Conservatives loved Bush, he was your man, you guys just don't want to admit when you have no ideas, you have no ideas. Look at the bright side, the wealthy got wealthier, now ain't that just grand. lol

The bill for the Bush administration | Salon News

"Why Conservatives Can't Govern" by Alan Wolfe

Labels are meaningless, but so-called "conservatives" (whatever the hell that's supposed to mean anymore) loved the Shrub.

Must be nice to live in a vacuum of your own making.

LOL - but 'conservative' has substance today even though that substance meant failure and still today is about nothing but whining and saying 'no' to anything that helps people. You 'conservatives' were going to fix the world, what happened!

Judging by the actions of the alleged conservatives, rather than by what they say in campaigns and your in-your-own-little-world definition, there isn't any real difference of substance.

In substance of action, the Shrub was virtually indistinguishable from far left nutter LBJ.

But feel free to carry on with your cognitive dissonance...If nothing else, it's amusing in a sort of pathetic way.

In substance of action, the Shrub was virtually indistinguishable from far left nutter LBJ.

Damn, I wish there were even an iota of truth to that. The statistics on poverty after LBJ were phenomenal. I opened this thread with Bush's.

It is a shame Nam ruined LBJ as he is in my assessment one of our great presidents, he did the hard things and he got them done, few can say that, and few move a nation forward towards social justice as he did.

Damn, I wish there were even an iota of truth to that. The statistics on poverty after LBJ were phenomenal. I opened this thread with Bush's.

It is a shame Nam ruined LBJ as he is in my assessment one of our great presidents, he did the hard things and he got them done, few can say that, and few move a nation forward towards social justice as he did.

Actually Blacks are worse off today comparatively than under Kennedy, despite spending trillions of dollars on social welfare programs. Those programs have been shown to be expensive failures, doing nothing but substituting Ole Massa Federal Government for Ole Massa Johnson and assuring the Democratic Party reliable votes.

Yeah...It's a crying shame that a war that got 58,000+ young men killed and countless thousands maimed with no results to show for it ruined his presidency. Of course we can also mention a "war on poverty" that has flushed in excess of $7 TRILLION down the dumper with no resultant positive results, insofar as eradicating poverty is concerned.

Do you actually run these party man hack-in-the-box responses around in your pin head before typing them, or is this a stream of consciousness thing??

Forum List

Back