The Repug have their backs to the wall and they know it

The Democrats have agreed to anywhere from 2 to 4 trillion in spending cuts. Where have you been?

$1 trillion in deficits over ten years is one hell of lot better than the $6.9 trillion in deficits increased in the 8 years of Bush's presidency. WTF have the Repugs suggested - destroying the governement's credit? Ending Medicare?

Oh yeah! Completely fucking over the American people...that's a plan.

Job growth comes when there's a robust market for goods and services, and that only happens when there's equitable wealth distribution. Giving all the money to the wealthy and thinking that there going to create jobs just out of the goodness of their hearts is a bunch of crap. The more you tax the wealthy the more you force them into higher risk job expanding ventures. When you hold their taxes down, they invest in low risk, no job creating investments. Investing in gold doesn't create jobs.

Bush inherited the most robust economy in history from Clinton and then he proceeded to destroy it...or did you miss the economic collapse in 2008?

Yes, and one of the major economic factors that led this country to be the economic mamouth that it has been for the last 70 years is a strong government and high taxation on the wealthy.

You just told someone in another thread they should go back to watching Oprah because they don't understand politics. Well, what the hell are you doing here? It's clear you have little education of the matters you like to run your mouth about.

Is clear that you're a wingnut drone, that regurgitates whatever his masters tell him. You know nothing about the history of the economics of this country.

You've offered jack shit except the usual moonbat blogishpere nonsense.......

Admittedly, this government has turned into a truly bad government (regardless of what party is in charge, I note) , but your objection to taxation in principle is childish.

I have no problem with TAXATION. I have a SERIOUS problem with the way that money is being SPENT.

If you ask your child to go into the store and buy a gallon of milk and he tells you that he needs a $20 bill instead of a $5 bill because he's going to buy soda, candy, and chips as well (all of which you and he both know he's not supposed to have) wouldn't you put a stop to that IMMEDIATELY? I know it wouldn't have been allowed in the family I grew up in.

That's exactly what we have with the Federal Government. The Feds have so monumentally exceeded their legitimate Constitutional Powers in terms of programs and spending that it's almost ridiculous to believe that there truly are people out there who "Can't" find anything to cut.

As I said.... I have no problem paying for the legitimate expenses of the Government through taxes (the milk in the analogy). However, when the Government tells me they need more money for illegitimate expenses (the candy, gum, and chips), THAT is where I draw the line.

The 14th Amendment does not allow the president to go around Congress and incur more debt and you never thought that it did until you heard one of your uber left wing Huffington mouthpieces tell you it allegedly does. Stop letting other people think for you.
we have the debt already Taz? the debt ceiling is to PAY FOR the debt that congress/this country has incurred through legislation that has already occurred.

it's NOT NEW SPENDING, it's paying for what was already spent.

We have enough money to continue paying our creditors after the debt ceiling is hit. Hitting the debt ceiling doesn't mean we run out of money.
but do we have enough to pay EVERYONE we owe.....under the laws or legislation now? Including Medicare and Social security, and creditors and the military, dept of defense and all gvt employees etc according to the laws/legislation in place that put them out there?

It's unethical to NOT pay your bills.

the changes and cuts must come through new legislation, but what we owe for our existing bills, should be paid.

the willy nilly UNCERTAINTY that the debt won't or will be raised is going to KILL the economy and investment in this country.

IT'S A MISTAKE, a big mistake imo.

we have the debt already Taz? the debt ceiling is to PAY FOR the debt that congress/this country has incurred through legislation that has already occurred.

We have enough money to continue paying our creditors after the debt ceiling is hit. Hitting the debt ceiling doesn't mean we run out of money.
but do we have enough to pay EVERYONE we owe.....under the laws or legislation now? Including Medicare and Social security, and creditors and the military, dept of defense and all gvt employees etc according to the laws/legislation in place that put them out there?

the changes and cuts must come through new legislation, but what we owe for our existing bills, should be paid.

the willy nilly UNCERTAINTY that the debt won't or will be raised is going to KILL the economy and investment in this country.

You're not paying bills if you borrow the money to do so.. you're just creating more bills that you can't pay.

That's unethical AND irresponsible.

You're not paying bills if you borrow the money to do so.. you're just creating more bills that you can't pay.

That's unethical AND irresponsible.
well, that is how it works...and you ARE paying the bills you owe now, if you borrow the money....

just like i would be paying what i owe the irs, if i used a credit card check to pay for it....i paid my taxes owed, but now i owe my credit card company....that's real life, not some fairy tale?

it is unethical to NOT pay your bills....to not fund, what you already owe.

cutting future spending to bring future debt in line, through legislation, is the just and ethical way to go...

to not stiff who you legally are obligated to now....whether it be a bank or a social security recipient etc.... is RIGHT AND JUST and ETHICAL.....

i have no problems if congress legally changes that.....but to just not pay who they are obligated, is unacceptable.

and the uncertainty of this will cause havoc on businesses and the employed, and every individual out there....it will hurt you more than you can ever imagine if we default on anything.....the lower credit rating will bring higher interest rates on the debt, and will bust the nation right open....and any business will have an even harder time getting loans or paying a higher interest rate....

death to America as we know it, is what you are asking for imo! :eek:

There is stimulus money out there that has been authorized but not spent. Obama refuses to cut it.
But when you can't pay your bills you cut your spending. Everyone understands that. Except the Dums in Congress. Their solution is just to put it on the card.
The only thing that will kill the economy and investment is unrestrained gov't spending and regulation. It already has produced the weakest recovery on record.

You're the one who said I was wrong, so either prove it or keep your ignorance to yourself.

It's not up to me to prove anything, jackass.

It's a political impossibility.

You are living in a Libertarian Lala Land.

In other words, you agree that it can be done, they just won't. Nice to see we're on the same page after your hand wringing.

You might as well say that you could win the lottery but they just wont give you the numbers.

Pure fantasy.

Forum List

Back