The Republicans War on Christmas

kidrocks

Gold Member
Jan 23, 2012
And now... the other side of the story.

Bush 'Holiday' Cards Cause Stir - CBS News

Some U.S. conservative Christians who received Christmas cards from the White House this month are grumbling that something was missing, Christmas.

As in every December since President George W. Bush took office, he sent out cards with a generic message, wishing 1.4 million supporters a happy "holiday season."

As of the time I clicked on this post 70 people had looked at it and none thought it relevent enough to comment on. I wonder why. More BDS.

Political correctness is a disease and can spread to anyone. I don't agree with this. I strive to be literally correct, not politically correct.

While there are many holidays around this time, December 25 is Christmas and should be recognized as such. I am disappointed in Bush for falling for the political correctness bullshit and sending holiday cards. Of course, if people are not Christians, it is silly to send them a Christmas card in the first place. I don't understand what holiday athiests are celebrating this time of year, but would guess it's one of a truly commercial nature. Maybe they could come up with a new name for their holiday so they could be more specific when wishing others a Happy Whatever. Or ignore it all together and just arrange to go to work that day and treat it as any other day. I'm sure some are offended at getting a day off work because some people celebrate Christmas.

Political correctness is a disease and can spread to anyone. I don't agree with this. I strive to be literally correct, not politically correct.

While there are many holidays around this time, December 25 is Christmas and should be recognized as such. I am disappointed in Bush for falling for the political correctness bullshit and sending holiday cards. Of course, if people are not Christians, it is silly to send them a Christmas card in the first place. I don't understand what holiday athiests are celebrating this time of year, but would guess it's one of a truly commercial nature. Maybe they could come up with a new name for their holiday so they could be more specific when wishing others a Happy Whatever. Or ignore it all together and just arrange to go to work that day and treat it as any other day. I'm sure some are offended at getting a day off work because some people celebrate Christmas.

they did come up with a new name. Happy holidays. There is nothing wrong with bush sending out his cards. Just people like you whining over something moronic.

:lol:

Religion

:lol:

If you really wanna put krist back into Christmas, get pissed off at all the people and places that make serious bank off of it.

Merry Christmas
Happy Chanukah
Happy New Year
Kick ass Kwanza
and like Four other events

The modern version of Christmas is nothing more than a past Scandinavian Pagan holiday. Dupes.

At any rate. who gives a shyt what its called, is it really that important?

You're the disease. I was taught to treat others with different beliefs with respect.

You're the disease. I was taught to treat others with different beliefs with respect.

and you fail everyday.

Did you even catch the irony in your post?

Forum List

Back