The Republicans can take heart as Barack Obama staggers to the Left

Zoom-boing

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
East Japip
The question of who Mr Obama really is, and what he truly believes, underlies the growing list of Very Odd Things that seem to be happening under his administration. Among the most perplexing of these mysteries is why, when he went to such pains to assemble a huge and widely experienced team of White House economic advisers (even going to the lengths of parading them at a press conference before he took office) he then handed over the actual drafting of his economic policy to the old Democratic fixers in Congress. The Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi, and the Senate majority leader, Harry Reid, are now, for all intents and purposes, running the Obama recovery plan.

When I met Mitch McConnell, the Republican leader in the Senate, at a Washington breakfast, he expressed the suspicion openly that the Democrats might actually be deliberately avoiding attending to the banking and housing crises because they wanted to prolong the moment in which they could push through their favoured liberal packages (such as health care, and environmental policies) under the cover of an emergency rescue operation. (And who better to bludgeon such measures through Congress than those old Democrat manipulators Pelosi and Reid?)

The Republicans can take heart as Barack Obama staggers to the Left - Telegraph

Gee, ya think??

Oh my goodness...the DNC is taking advantage of their position of power!

Whoda thunk they would do that?

I know I'm totally shocked.

I actually believe that Obama has very little intellectual curiosity beyond his own immiediate and ongoing autobiography. He is not nearly so bright as was portrayed over and over again by the media. In fact, I am convinced that this portrayal by the media is yet another example of its inherent racist bias. It was a reaction to a man of color with the ability to give a speech, devoid of the race-baiting anger that has been so common in the black leadership voices of the last 30 years, that created white members of the media to fall over themselves in praise of this "brilliant" politician. A true accounting of Obama's actual message though shows platitudes and broad generalizations, devoid of substance, and the very possible fact of a mind and/or personality incapable of forming such substance.

That being said, Obama has shown a decided change in message of late - a far more pro-business, tax cut, economically sound message. Clearly someone reached the President and convinced him such a change was in order - and Obama, ever watchful of his created self-image, appeared quite responsive.

I actually believe that Obama has very little intellectual curiosity beyond his own immiediate and ongoing autobiography. He is not nearly so bright as was portrayed over and over again by the media. In fact, I am convinced that this portrayal by the media is yet another example of its inherent racist bias. It was a reaction to a man of color with the ability to give a speech, devoid of the race-baiting anger that has been so common in the black leadership voices of the last 30 years, that created white members of the media to fall over themselves in praise of this "brilliant" politician. A true accounting of Obama's actual message though shows platitudes and broad generalizations, devoid of substance, and the very possible fact of a mind and/or personality incapable of forming such substance.

That being said, Obama has shown a decided change in message of late - a far more pro-business, tax cut, economically sound message. Clearly someone reached the President and convinced him such a change was in order - and Obama, ever watchful of his created self-image, appeared quite responsive.

I've asked numerous people to explain where they get their opinion of his intelligence, and never seem to get an answer. He has never released any of his school transcripts that I am aware of, so we've never had any indication of how he did in school. Has there ever been a release of scores from an IQ test that I am unaware of, maybe? Or is all of this opinion based solely on how well he gives a speech? If so, that's a scary thought. Who even knows if he wrote any of them.

Last edited:

I've asked numerous people to explain where they get their opinion of his intelligence, and never seen to get an answer. He has never released any of his school transcripts that I am aware of, so we've never had any indication of how he did in school. Has there ever been a release of scores from an IQ test that I am unaware of, maybe? Or is all of this opinion based solely on how well he gives a speech? If so, that's a scary thought. Who even knows if he wrote any of them.

He apparently writes very little of his own message. Those he has done some work on tend to be a bit "rambly" and fall even shorter on substance. He is given a script, appears unable to memorize said script, but does deliver the lines with a certain "authority".

Then the media says, "Well done!" , and the cycle is repeated again...

I've asked numerous people to explain where they get their opinion of his intelligence, and never seen to get an answer. He has never released any of his school transcripts that I am aware of, so we've never had any indication of how he did in school. Has there ever been a release of scores from an IQ test that I am unaware of, maybe? Or is all of this opinion based solely on how well he gives a speech? If so, that's a scary thought. Who even knows if he wrote any of them.

He apparently writes very little of his own message. Those he has done some work on tend to be a bit "rambly" and fall even shorter on substance. He is given a script, appears unable to memorize said script, but does deliver the lines with a certain "authority".

Then the media says, "Well done!" , and the cycle is repeated again...

You gotta love the good ole media. Can you imagine if it had been a republican candidate that had refused to release any of their grade transripts? The guy is running for POTUS, has never held any kind of a position even remotely close to an executive position and on top of that, refuses to release any of his grades while in school to the public. There's not even any voting record left behind for the little time that he had held office prior to the campaign. The entire premise of his capability is being based on how well he delivers a speech. Very scary.

That's right, no one who worked their way through Harvard Law School and rose to become Head of the Harvard Law Review could be very smart. Besides what could being a Constitutional Law Professor qualify one for other than being an expert on how the Framers intended the government to work...

I've asked numerous people to explain where they get their opinion of his intelligence, and never seem to get an answer. He has never released any of his school transcripts that I am aware of, so we've never had any indication of how he did in school. Has there ever been a release of scores from an IQ test that I am unaware of, maybe? Or is all of this opinion based solely on how well he gives a speech? If so, that's a scary thought. Who even knows if he wrote any of them.

His head speech writer is 27 year old Jon Favreau. He's very talented.

Profile: Barack Obama's speechwriter Jon Favreau - Times Online

That's right, no one who worked their way through Harvard Law School and rose to become Head of the Harvard Law Review could be very smart. Besides what could being a Constitutional Law Professor qualify one for other than being an expert on how the Framers intended the government to work...

It means nothing since you have no idea what his grades at Harvard were. Have you ever read any of his comments while supposedly being a 'constitutional law professor' and what exactly that experience entailed? He was considered a senior lecturer that taught 2 or 3 classes a year at the University of Chicago Law School, that hardly gives him the experience needed for POTUS.

Last edited:
I actually believe that Obama has very little intellectual curiosity beyond his own immiediate and ongoing autobiography.

Good for you.:eusa_whistle:

Mitch McConnell - Wow a real intellectual heavywait.

ummmm didn't president bush push through his agenda on tax cuts leaning towards the wealthiest with capital gains and dividend reductions as well, within the first couple of months?

yes, yes he did....

Dems bawked a little as good chickens do, but primarily ended up voting with him...

i'm truly not trying to change the topic, but it does show how silly those on the right side of the aisle have become....along with forgetful of president Bush's arrogance and belief in his own political capital as well....and pushing it down the dems throat every chance he could.

no difference now imo....just the players changed, same game.... :(

care

It means nothing since you have no idea what his grades at Harvard were. Have you ever read any of his comments while supposedly being a 'constitutional law professor' and what exactly that experience entailed? He was considered a senior lecturer that taught 2 or 3 classes a year at the University of Chicago Law School, that hardly gives him the experience needed for POTUS.

Obama's dark skin quite likely played a far larger role in his approval to enter both Harvard and Chicago Law, than did his actual academic performance.

Even liberal professors, off the record, will admit this kind of things is so prevalent throughout the university system it is now considered as common as gravity.

I once was told as part of the hiring panel for an administrative position that "we hit the jackpot! She is a Native American Vietnam Veteran who is physically disabled!"

That is no joke - I laughed out loud when that was being told to me before I realized they were 100% serious. So the disabled female Native American Vietnam Vet was in fact hired for that position - and she was dumb as rocks. Actually, that is likely offensive to all rocks...she was a complete disaster.

She remains working in that same position today.

Ah liberals - God Bless their simple ways...

Funny and true:

"First we had Candidate Obama, who was a liberal [ie Left wing]. Then we had President-Elect Obama, who was post-partisan and centrist. Now we have President Obama, who has reverted to being ultraliberal."

The fact is, nobody really knows who Obama is. Even he doesn't know. This could play in America's favor if real Conservatives were in charge of Congress. Bill Clinton comes to mind as a weak President with a conservative-controlled Congress starting in '95 and we didn't do too bad. We'll just have a couple more rough years. Let's hope we can make it.

You will have more than a couple of rough years from the looks of this thread.

Obama's dark skin quite likely played a far larger role in his approval to enter both Harvard and Chicago Law, than did his actual academic performance.

Even liberal professors, off the record, will admit this kind of things is so prevalent throughout the university system it is now considered as common as gravity.

I once was told as part of the hiring panel for an administrative position that "we hit the jackpot! She is a Native American Vietnam Veteran who is physically disabled!"

That is no joke - I laughed out loud when that was being told to me before I realized they were 100% serious. So the disabled female Native American Vietnam Vet was in fact hired for that position - and she was dumb as rocks. Actually, that is likely offensive to all rocks...she was a complete disaster.

She remains working in that same position today.

Ah liberals - God Bless their simple ways...

It really must be the same all over. And this is their answer to achieving excellence? This is a great example that it's not about the end result at all to them. It's like looking at the world while standing on your head. It's also why liberals love academia. No where in the real business world could you survive using these tactics, it has to be subsidized in order to apply these kinds of priciples and get away with it, the government is another great example. Guess that's why they flourish in both places.

Last edited:

Unless you have proof for that statement you are bigotted blowhard.

Bunch of jealous little pissants.

The question of who Mr Obama really is, and what he truly believes, underlies the growing list of Very Odd Things that seem to be happening under his administration. Among the most perplexing of these mysteries is why, when he went to such pains to assemble a huge and widely experienced team of White House economic advisers (even going to the lengths of parading them at a press conference before he took office) he then handed over the actual drafting of his economic policy to the old Democratic fixers in Congress. The Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi, and the Senate majority leader, Harry Reid, are now, for all intents and purposes, running the Obama recovery plan.

When I met Mitch McConnell, the Republican leader in the Senate, at a Washington breakfast, he expressed the suspicion openly that the Democrats might actually be deliberately avoiding attending to the banking and housing crises because they wanted to prolong the moment in which they could push through their favoured liberal packages (such as health care, and environmental policies) under the cover of an emergency rescue operation. (And who better to bludgeon such measures through Congress than those old Democrat manipulators Pelosi and Reid?)

The Republicans can take heart as Barack Obama staggers to the Left - Telegraph

Gee, ya think??

:clap2:

And calling him a Marxist-Lenninist worked so well during the election! It MUST have kept the GOP to losing by seven percent, instead of 20 percent!

I think it was foolish of Obama to push his big government plans through before addressing the financial crisis. Shouldn't that have been his first priority?

Forum List

Back