The Republicans can take heart as Barack Obama staggers to the Left

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Zoom-boing, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Zoom-boing

Zoom-boing Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,122
    The Republicans can take heart as Barack Obama staggers to the Left - Telegraph

Gee, ya think??

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    Oh my goodness...the DNC is taking advantage of their position of power!

Whoda thunk they would do that?

I know I'm totally shocked.

3. Sinatra

Sinatra Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    I actually believe that Obama has very little intellectual curiosity beyond his own immiediate and ongoing autobiography. He is not nearly so bright as was portrayed over and over again by the media. In fact, I am convinced that this portrayal by the media is yet another example of its inherent racist bias. It was a reaction to a man of color with the ability to give a speech, devoid of the race-baiting anger that has been so common in the black leadership voices of the last 30 years, that created white members of the media to fall over themselves in praise of this "brilliant" politician. A true accounting of Obama's actual message though shows platitudes and broad generalizations, devoid of substance, and the very possible fact of a mind and/or personality incapable of forming such substance.

That being said, Obama has shown a decided change in message of late - a far more pro-business, tax cut, economically sound message. Clearly someone reached the President and convinced him such a change was in order - and Obama, ever watchful of his created self-image, appeared quite responsive.

4. Newby

Newby Does it get any better? Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,703

I've asked numerous people to explain where they get their opinion of his intelligence, and never seem to get an answer. He has never released any of his school transcripts that I am aware of, so we've never had any indication of how he did in school. Has there ever been a release of scores from an IQ test that I am unaware of, maybe? Or is all of this opinion based solely on how well he gives a speech? If so, that's a scary thought. Who even knows if he wrote any of them.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  5. Sinatra

Sinatra Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,005

He apparently writes very little of his own message. Those he has done some work on tend to be a bit "rambly" and fall even shorter on substance. He is given a script, appears unable to memorize said script, but does deliver the lines with a certain "authority".

Then the media says, "Well done!" , and the cycle is repeated again...

6. Newby

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,703
    You gotta love the good ole media. Can you imagine if it had been a republican candidate that had refused to release any of their grade transripts? The guy is running for POTUS, has never held any kind of a position even remotely close to an executive position and on top of that, refuses to release any of his grades while in school to the public. There's not even any voting record left behind for the little time that he had held office prior to the campaign. The entire premise of his capability is being based on how well he delivers a speech. Very scary.

7. wihosa

wihosa VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +259
    That's right, no one who worked their way through Harvard Law School and rose to become Head of the Harvard Law Review could be very smart. Besides what could being a Constitutional Law Professor qualify one for other than being an expert on how the Framers intended the government to work...

8. Zoom-boing

Zoom-boing Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,122
    His head speech writer is 27 year old Jon Favreau. He's very talented.

Profile: Barack Obama's speechwriter Jon Favreau - Times Online

9. Newby

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,703

It means nothing since you have no idea what his grades at Harvard were. Have you ever read any of his comments while supposedly being a 'constitutional law professor' and what exactly that experience entailed? He was considered a senior lecturer that taught 2 or 3 classes a year at the University of Chicago Law School, that hardly gives him the experience needed for POTUS.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  10. rayboyusmc

rayboyusmc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338
    Good for you.:eusa_whistle:

Mitch McConnell - Wow a real intellectual heavywait.