The Republicans are praying for God...

Status
Not open for further replies.
&

☭proletarian☭

to come down and inspire our representatives to vote against Obama...

Who keeps voting for these people?

Coburn just said tonight that people should pray that one of these senators for the bill shouldn't "make it" to the health care vote.

Coburn just said tonight that people should pray that one of these senators for the bill shouldn't "make it" to the health care vote.

wait... what?

not that it would surprise me, but I'll need a link to the original source 'cuz I'm really hoping this isn't true

Just a few minutes later, Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL) interrupted while Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH) was speaking to issue a challenge to Coburn:
I have been trying to reach Sen. Coburn. … This statement troubles me, and I’m trying to reach him come back to the floor and explain exactly what he meant about a senator being unable to make the vote tonight. … I’m reaching out to Sen. Coburn. I’ll be on the floor for the next 45 minutes, and I hope that he will join me there.

I'm with Durbin on this

This doesn't surprise me though. Coburn is full of comments like this. In fact, more and more of them are now a days.

IDK, Si... ever since Obama started talking about reform, the Republicans have been talking about killing people- lots of talk about Hitler and committing genocide. Combined with all the talk of revolution in the early months, and I'm kinda suspicious.

☭proletarian☭;1828848 said:
IDK, Si... ever since Obama started talking about reform, the Republicans have been talking about killing people- lots of talk about Hitler and committing genocide. Combined with all the talk of revolution in the early months, and I'm kinda suspicious.
I know Coburn; he meant the snow and/or the holiday. The other inference is not his style at all.

Last edited:
☭proletarian☭;1828820 said:

There are a lot of Christians who would take issue with that stance.

"Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God."
Romans 13:1

White Southerners.

White Southerners.

I trying to figure out why it isn't considered more prejidicial and race-stereotyping than if you were to say something like "southwestern hispanics" or "nothern Irish".

"Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God."

Yes, the Divine Right of Kings... gotta love that bit...

Pretty good brainwashing quote.
Lucky they didn't write " Thou must stabbeth thouself in the eye with a pencil...eth every Tuesday"
Altho plucking your eye out and cutting off your hand is highly recommended elsewhere within the fairytale.

Please God.......Don't allow Americans to get healthcare

I know Coburn; he meant the snow and/or the holiday. The other inference is not his style at all.

If he meant snow or holiday traffic, shouldn't he have been explicit when he prayed to God? What if God took it wrong?

If he meant snow or holiday traffic, shouldn't he have been explicit when he prayed to God? What if God took it wrong?

Just shows once again how deserate they are. Something's gonna pass, they can't stop it and they know it.

White Southerners.

I trying to figure out why it isn't considered more prejidicial and race-stereotyping than if you were to say something like "southwestern hispanics" or "nothern Irish".

Some stereotypes are true.

Because every church social begins with a pot luck.....

huckabeestripes.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back