The Republicans are getting desperate..

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
McCain is desperate. Even Clinton never went here. I remember McCain said something along the lines of "He's probably attacking me because he's behind in the polls. I understand that and it's ok." That line completely made Guiliani's attack on him in the state of Florida irrelevant. Obama should do something along the same lines.

Palin says Obama 'palling around' with terrorists

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) - Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin on Saturday accused Democrat Barack Obama of "palling around with terrorists" because of his association with a former 1960s radical, stepping up the campaign's effort to portray Obama as unacceptable to American voters.
Palin's reference was to Bill Ayers, one of the founders of the group the Weather Underground. Its members took credit for bombings, including nonfatal explosions at the Pentagon and U.S. Capitol, during the tumultuous Vietnam War era four decades ago. Obama, who was a child when the group was active, served on a charity board with Ayers several years ago and has denounced his radical views and activities.

The Republican campaign, falling behind Obama in polls, plans to make attacks on Obama's character a centerpiece of presidential candidate John McCain's message with a month remaining before Election Day.

Palin told a group of donors at a private airport, "Our opponent ... is someone who sees America, it seems, as being so imperfect, imperfect enough, that he's palling around with terrorists who would target their own country." She also said, "This is not a man who sees America as you see America and as I see America."

Palin, Alaska's governor, said that donors on a greeting line had encouraged her and McCain to get tougher on Obama. She said an aide then advised her, "Sarah, the gloves are off, the heels are on, go get to them."

The escalated effort to attack Obama's character dovetails with TV ads by outside groups questioning Obama's ties to Ayers, convicted former Obama fundraiser Antoin "Tony" Rezko and Obama's former pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright.

Ayers is a professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago. He and Obama live in Chicago's Hyde Park neighborhood and served together on the board of the Woods Fund, a Chicago-based charity that develops community groups to help the poor. Obama left the board in December 2002.

Obama was the first chairman of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, a school-reform group of which Ayers was a founder. Ayers also held a meet-the-candidate event at his home for Obama when Obama first ran for office in the mid-1990s.

Palin cited a New York Times story published Saturday that detailed Obama's relationship with Ayers. In an interview with CBS News earlier in the week, Palin didn't name any newspapers or magazines that had shaped her view of the world.

Summing up its findings, the Times wrote: "A review of records of the schools project and interviews with a dozen people who know both men, suggest that Mr. Obama, 47, has played down his contacts with Mr. Ayers, 63. But the two men do not appear to have been close. Nor has Mr. Obama ever expressed sympathy for the radical views and actions of Mr. Ayers, whom he has called 'somebody who engaged in detestable acts 40 years ago, when I was 8.'"

Earlier Saturday, Palin spent 35 minutes at a diner in Greenwood Village where she met with Blue Star Moms, a support group of families whose sons or daughters are serving in the armed forces. Reporters were allowed in the diner for less than five minutes before being ushered out by the campaign.

Palin, whose 19-year-old son, Track, deployed last month as a private with an Army combat team, was overheard at one point commiserating with one of the mothers: "Any time I ask my son how he's doing, he says, 'Mom, I'm in the Army now.'"

Taking one question from reporters about competing in battleground states, Palin repeated her wish that the campaign had not pulled out of Michigan, a prominent state in presidential elections where Obama leads by double-digit percentage points in recent polls.

"As I said the other day, I would sure love to get to run to Michigan and make sure that Michigan knows that we haven't given up there," she said. "We care much about Michigan and every other state. I wish there were more hours in the day so that we could travel all over this great country and start speaking to more Americans. So, not worried about it but just desiring more time and, you know, to put more effort into each one of these states."

As someone who aspires to be the next President, his character is fair game. Nobody in that position is above scrutiny for any reason.... same thing goes for McCain. Bring it on.

As someone who aspires to be the next President, his character is fair game. Nobody in that position is above scrutiny for any reason.... same thing goes for McCain. Bring it on.

I don't think you want to go there. Keating 5, leaving his disfigured wife for a beauty queen, etc.

Sure....by all means go there, why not? Let's open this up.

Sorry, the Democrats don't need to. When a Democrat is ahead by 2 points in North Carolina, he can take the higher road and not get down in the mud.

I don't think you want to go there. Keating 5, leaving his disfigured wife for a beauty queen, etc.

I want to know more about mccains temperment. Everyone in the senate knows mccain has a very short fuse. He is possibly insane after 5.5 yrs of being tortured and brainwashed by the viet kong and russians. He made dozens of anti american tapes while in the hanoi hilton. Do you think 5.5 yrs of torture wouldn't fuck with your mind? Why do you think it is so easy for him to have one opinion today and flip flop the very next day and just forget his previous positions? My god how obvious.

I think the real powers of the gop are controlling him just like the viet kong and russians did.

If you can make dozens of anti american tapes and make them believable to your captors, how hard is it to lie to americans who tend to believe you are being truthful?

He's the manchurian candidate.

He calls all asians gooks. Not just vietnamese but also chineses, japanese.

No, just like I tend to not believe bill clinton anymore because he got caught lying, I don't believe anything john mccain says. He's been caught too many times. Why do you redumblicans make so much that bill got caught lying about something any of us would have denied ourselves? Is a lie less serious because you are on the witness stand? I think not. I think what you are lying about is much more important. Bj vs whether or not you would lie us into another war.

Fuck off you ppl that bring up aires. Yes you are despirate, and dumb, because you are trying to give bush's team another 4 yrs because they control mccain, just like the viet kong. Only they don't torture him.

ps. He is a member of pnac. Google pnac members and see what cocksuckers are members. chaney, wolfowitz, bush, rove, libby. treasonist group of men. They let 9 11 happen so they could go to war!

Obama 08!

If McCain gets too feisty and tries to hit below the belt, Obama could kick him in the nads by airing McCain's confession tape from being tortured.

What's new?

The GOP has made their entire campaign about Obama being a secret muslim, a terrorist sympathizer, a limp wristed elitist.

Because the GOP and their base know they can't win on the issues.

They're almost exactly like Bush's. When Biden challenged Palin numerous to name any substantive policies that were different than Bush's she took a pass.

When's the last time you heard McCain or the GOP base talk about their healthcare plan? When's the last time you heard about them talk about trade? When's the last time you heard them talk about Roe v. Wade? They want to overturn it, that's why they don't talk about it much.

Obama's platform is simple, and relatively popular. Get out of Iraq, universal healthcare, no more NAFTA trade deals. And no more Bush/republican economic policies. He represents change, whether you like to admit it or not. McCain's not going to win as the change candidate, and that's why you'll start seeing smears from the GOP from now until november. Every TV ad McCain is putting up now is negative. He's shooting blanks, and everybody knows his policies won't sell.

Sure....by all means go there, why not? Let's open this up.

sure... politics is a full contact team sport...why not trash it up.

it's not like there are any REAL issues to discuss, so get in the gutter, right?

I'm beginning to think supporting the repubs is a moral failing. reminds me of hocky in the 80's... the rangers always played ugly... because they didn't have the talent. then there was mike bossy on the islanders who played the most beautiful game... because he knew he could place the puck wherever he wanted it.

and who were the stanley cup champs from 1980 to 1984?

Hint... the rangers went 50 years without a cup.

McCain and Palin need to remember to ... 'Let sleeping dogs lie'

:eusa_shhh: If someone is told to let sleeping dogs lie, it means that they shouldn't disturb a situation as it would result in trouble or complications.

When you are slinging mud - expect to be in the middle of the mudpile, when it is all over and done with. :eusa_whistle:

:eusa_shhh: If someone is told to let sleeping dogs lie, it means that they shouldn't disturb a situation as it would result in trouble or complications.

When you are slinging mud - expect to be in the middle of the mudpile, when it is all over and done with. :eusa_whistle:

I think they mistakenly think they're still dealing with kerry who sat on his butt for weeks while they swiftboated him. obama beat hillary, he's not going to let himself get swiftied by sawwah bawwacuda....

in the nicest possible way, of course.

sure... politics is a full contact team sport...why not trash it up.

it's not like there are any REAL issues to discuss, so get in the gutter, right?

I'm beginning to think supporting the repubs is a moral failing. reminds me of hocky in the 80's... the rangers always played ugly... because they didn't have the talent. then there was mike bossy on the islanders who played the most beautiful game... because he knew he could place the puck wherever he wanted it.

and who were the stanley cup champs from 1980 to 1984?

Hint... the rangers went 50 years without a cup.

Hey, someone has to properly vet Obama.

Damn skippy, I want to make sure our next President is worthy of the office. Don't you? Honestly, the way you Obama supporters are running cover, I am beginning to think there is something to hide.

By the way, why can't he just produce a real birth certificate? Is that too much to ask these days? Why is his campaign ignoring the requests from the FEC auditors? Lots of questions for little ol' undecided me.

yes, we want to know every ittw witty thing about him. Cause from what I'm seeing he wasn't properly vetted.

You Rep's :eek: What can I say?

IMO there are more "skeletons in the closet" for the McCain/Palin, than Obama. Especially that 'lady' from Alaska that flipflops just as much if not more than McCain ... but ... he is Johnny on the Spot to protect her when needed .... but what happens if she become's your President who protect's her then ..... aka who is next in line to cover her a$$? .... you seem to forget little details like that .... "Don'cha?"

Have you heard one statement made by Biden that needed to be corrected or monitored by Obama. Be my quest if you can find one, and link that puppy for all of us to see. :eusa_whistle:

And yes .... we are voting for the pair of them, be it McCain/Palin or Obama/Biden .... if you like it or not! :doubt:

You Rep's :eek: What can I say?

IMO there are more "skeletons in the closet" for the McCain/Palin, than Obama. Especially that 'lady' from Alaska that flipflops just as much if not more than McCain ... but ... he is Johnny on the Spot to protect her when needed .... but what happens if she become's your President who protect's her then ..... aka who is next in line to cover her a$$? .... you seem to forget little details like that .... "Don'cha?"

Have you heard one statement made by Biden that needed to be corrected or monitored by Obama. Be my quest if you can find one, and link that puppy for all of us to see. :eusa_whistle:

And yes .... we are voting for the pair of them, be it McCain/Palin or Obama/Biden .... if you like it or not! :doubt:

Obama can't seem to come up with a valid COLB, something that most of us can do quite handily.

Just a couple gaffes from Old Joe.

1. Said that one of his campaign's own ads was "terrible" (McCain couldn't use a computer). "I didn't know we did it and if I had anything to do with it, we would have never done it," he said. The campaign was soon forced to issue a less-than-convincing clarification in Biden's name.

2. Remember Biden reassuring someone that he and Obama "are not supporting clean coal" in America... The only problem is Obama does support clean coal.

y'all should worry about vetting palin...

someone who actually knew something would have been nice.

oh never mind... i forgot you guys like having things run by joesixpack... :cuckoo:

I am totally for vetting Palin and as far as I know there are a ton of lawyers dumpster diving in Alaska.

Stop being such an elitist snob, you and your ilk have done nothing for the US. Move aside, joesixpack is going to take care of things from now on.

McCain is desperate. Even Clinton never went here. I remember McCain said something along the lines of "He's probably attacking me because he's behind in the polls. I understand that and it's ok." That line completely made Guiliani's attack on him in the state of Florida irrelevant. Obama should do something along the same lines.

Palin says Obama 'palling around' with terrorists

How is telling the truth getting desperate? This from the same side that makes posts blaming Mccain for getting shot down during a war. Really.:cuckoo:

Fact is, Obama IS an associate of a known terrorist whose ass should be rotting in prison right now. Or do you deny this?

Forum List

Back