The republican solution to poverty doesn’t make any sense

Why increase costs for enforcement? Prohibition never works, and is expensive.
....which is what we have been saying about unconstitutional gun bans proposed by the communist left.
Never happen; Congress has no delegated authority to pass Any form of Attainder upon the People.

Acquiring and possessing private property even in the class called Arms, is declared a natural right, and secured by our State Constitutions.

Our Second Amendment is Specifically, about what is Necessary to the security of a free State.

There is always going to be poverty and poor people that is the reality of the world we live in and it's not something politicans and government can fix. LBJ declared war on poverty in 1964 and despite the huge amount of money spent on anti-poverty programs over the years the impact has been minimal. I don't have a solution to the problem and after 50 plus years no politican Democrat or Republican has come up with one either.
There will always be poverty, but our poverty rate is much higher than other developed nations. The income disparity is the widest in the world.
Our poor people live like kings compared to the poor in a lot of other countries. Since you want to involve them and all..
You’re basing that on absolutely nothing besides that it sounds right. Poverty in other developed countries isn’t that different. Or course many countries have much lower poverty rates than the US. In the US it is 14%. In Denmark it’s 3%.

And they all base what poverty is by our standards? People who eat a lot, have more than enough food, have a free cell phone with 250 anytime, anywhere minutes, AC, microwaves, dishwashers, living in the suburbs, and free government healthcare? Other countries consider that poverty?

There is always going to be poverty and poor people that is the reality of the world we live in and it's not something politicans and government can fix. LBJ declared war on poverty in 1964 and despite the huge amount of money spent on anti-poverty programs over the years the impact has been minimal. I don't have a solution to the problem and after 50 plus years no politican Democrat or Republican has come up with one either.
There will always be poverty, but our poverty rate is much higher than other developed nations. The income disparity is the widest in the world.
Our poor people live like kings compared to the poor in a lot of other countries. Since you want to involve them and all..
You’re basing that on absolutely nothing besides that it sounds right. Poverty in other developed countries isn’t that different. Or course many countries have much lower poverty rates than the US. In the US it is 14%. In Denmark it’s 3%.

And they all base what poverty is by our standards? People who eat a lot, have more than enough food, have a free cell phone with 250 anytime, anywhere minutes, AC, microwaves, dishwashers, living in the suburbs, and free government healthcare? Other countries consider that poverty?
Oh man basic information really escapes you. Yes, poor people can be obese, but that doesn’t mean they get enough food. When I say enough food, I mean the basic food groups. Perhaps you remember that places like McDonald’s has a value menu any poor person can afford. If you have the #5 everyday, you’re going to get fat regardless of what else you eat. These people can’t afford fruits and vegatables on a daily basis whether they want to eat them or not. Healthy good is significantly more expensive than junk food. That’s just a fact.

Why do you assume any poor person has a free phone? Do you have statistics to back that up? Also, programs like Medicaid only offer the most basic of healthcare. It’s not like Medicaid will cover the cost of chronic illnesses. It’s just good for a doctor’s visit.

And Christ, of course people in other developed countries have AC. Why the fuck wouldn’t they? I know you like to pretend any other nation is a shithole in comparison to the US but reality says different.

Oh and dishwashers and microwaves are one time expenses therefore your logic is stupid. Also, microwaves cost, what, $70? Obviously it’s not difficult for anyone to afford that.

Oh man basic information really escapes you. Yes, poor people can be obese, but that doesn’t mean they get enough food. When I say enough food, I mean the basic food groups. Perhaps you remember that places like McDonald’s has a value menu any poor person can afford. If you have the #5 everyday, you’re going to get fat regardless of what else you eat. These people can’t afford fruits and vegatables on a daily basis whether they want to eat them or not. Healthy good is significantly more expensive than junk food. That’s just a fact.

Why do you assume any poor person has a free phone? Do you have statistics to back that up? Also, programs like Medicaid only offer the most basic of healthcare. It’s not like Medicaid will cover the cost of chronic illnesses. It’s just good for a doctor’s visit.

And Christ, of course people in other developed countries have AC. Why the fuck wouldn’t they? I know you like to pretend any other nation is a shithole in comparison to the US but reality says different.

Oh and dishwashers and microwaves are one time expenses therefore your logic is stupid. Also, microwaves cost, what, $70? Obviously it’s not difficult for anyone to afford that.

Look, I know people from other countries that came here and opened up businesses. They laugh at what we consider poor. Where they came from, poor is digging a hole to shit in, not watching a big screen all day and getting fat on Cheetos. I don't know what a number 5 is at McDonald's, but I'm willing to bet that it costs at least seven dollars. For seven dollars, you can feed an entire family. You can make spaghetti, a meatloaf, sloppy joes, beef stew, you can buy all kinds of fruit or vegetables for seven bucks.

Medicaid is a crappy healthcare system, but there are working people (like myself) who have zero coverage thanks to Commie Care. That means our non-working have better coverage than our working. It means our non-working are living the same lifestyle in the suburbs as our non-working.

In the Shopping Cart of a Food Stamp Household: Lots of Soda

https://nypost.com/2013/08/19/when-welfare-pays-better-than-work/

Census Bureau: Means-Tested Gov't Benefit Recipients Outnumber Full-Time Year-Round Workers

Study: NY Welfare Recipients Eligible For More In Benefits Than Teachers Earn | Breitbart

Cash value of welfare spending to households in poverty greater than median household income

Look, I know people from other countries that came here and opened up businesses. They laugh at what we consider poor. Where they came from, poor is digging a hole to shit in, not watching a big screen all day and getting fat on Cheetos. I don't know what a number 5 is at McDonald's, but I'm willing to bet that it costs at least seven dollars. For seven dollars, you can feed an entire family. You can make spaghetti, a meatloaf, sloppy joes, beef stew, you can buy all kinds of fruit or vegetables for seven bucks.

Medicaid is a crappy healthcare system, but there are working people (like myself) who have zero coverage thanks to Commie Care. That means our non-working have better coverage than our working. It means our non-working are living the same lifestyle in the suburbs as our non-working.

Census Bureau: Means-Tested Gov't Benefit Recipients Outnumber Full-Time Year-Round Workers

Study: NY Welfare Recipients Eligible For More In Benefits Than Teachers Earn | Breitbart

Cash value of welfare spending to households in poverty greater than median household income
God you are dense. Oh spaghetti huh? The meal full of carbs? And no, you couldn’t buy a family the food groups on $7 per day. How dense are you?

I don’t know who these immigrants are in your bullshit anecdotal story, but they probably aren’t from developed countries like found in Western Europe. Those countries even manage a lower poverty rate than the US.

What is this suburbs bullshit you keep saying? These are poor people now?

Also, most people on programs like Medicaid or food stamps have jobs. They just make peanuts.

And here’s some basic information you about welfare programs in this country: NO ONE IS ON ALL WELFARE PROGRAMS SIMULTANEOUSLY. That makes all your links bullshit. If a family is on food stamps, they have to have limited assets. They couldn’t possibly be on multiple welfare programs outside of Medicaid or SS.

So how's the democrat policy doing?

Not even slavery could do what the democrat policy did. Not even slavery could have broken the black family.

I could care less about what makes sense to you, how about showing some actual results?

So far the results are exactly as expected, the welfare queens become part of the democrat plantation, poor and unable to better themselves.

These people can’t afford fruits and vegatables on a daily basis whether they want to eat them or not

Say what? In what world of yours in the United States fruits and vegetables are expensive????

Tax season is when we buy our computers. Keep them for 5-10 years and hand them down to family members as time progresses. I know it's weird we have an emergency and someone loses his job and we can't pay the rent but we got $5,000 worth of computer equipment in the house, that nobody in their right mind would buy off of us. Been there done that.

God you are dense. Oh spaghetti huh? The meal full of carbs? And no, you couldn’t buy a family the food groups on $7 per day. How dense are you?

I don’t know who these immigrants are in your bullshit anecdotal story, but they probably aren’t from developed countries like found in Western Europe. Those countries even manage a lower poverty rate than the US.

Also, most people on programs like Medicaid or food stamps have jobs. They just make peanuts.

And here’s some basic information you about welfare programs in this country: NO ONE IS ON ALL WELFARE PROGRAMS SIMULTANEOUSLY. That makes all your links bullshit. If a family is on food stamps, they have to have limited assets. They couldn’t possibly be on multiple welfare programs outside of Medicaid or SS.
My sister lost her food stamps when her son turned 18. She tried to make every meal, for 5 people, with a budget for $5.00 for meat plus sides. She bakes a lot of chicken. I hate baked chicken. Trump made it easier to find a job. Trump made it easier to afford to buy our own groceries without needing food stamps.

These people can’t afford fruits and vegatables on a daily basis whether they want to eat them or not

Say what? In what world of yours in the United States fruits and vegetables are expensive????

They are expensive. We have Bananas once a month. I buy a couple cans of fruit cocktail every now and then. I would love an all fruit and veggie diet but budget says baked chicken and rice or pasta.

Even if every poor person worked hard and went to school to get better pay, who would do all those entry level jobs that are the backbone of the economy? Now of course you might be dense and say “teenagers”, but there are many entry jobs kids cannot do and even they could, there wouldn’t be nearly enough of them working during the school year.

So what’s the solution to help alleviate poverty, republicans?

You're so worried about low skill jobs that you're importing a million illegals a year to fill them while unemployment here with the poor is becoming inter-generational.

And you're on a message board melting down because you are worried no one in this country will be poor enough to do those jobs?

Well, at least you're better than the other leftists in one sense. You're actually saying we don't have enough poor people, you're not just importing and creating them and denying it's what you want.

Democrats are just flat out bizarre people

Tax season is when we buy our computers. Keep them for 5-10 years and hand them down to family members as time progresses.

Not to get off topic, but the best time to buy electronics is in later summer or fall. I've been to many of these trucking company docs in the winter time. There is no heat, so they grab pallets of televisions, computers, stereo equipment and ram them into the truck or into each other on the dock. If that's not bad enough, it's only 7 degrees in the warehouse, so you can imagine the kind of problems you might experience if you buy one of those products.

That all depends on what state you live in. When the economy started to pick up, conservative states reinstituted food stamp requirements. It's the only thing that brought the usage down.

Yes, HUD targets areas to destroy. They move their inner-city lowlifes into the suburbs and everybody else suffers. My HUD neighbors are a great example. They've been hear about a little over a year and the cops have been here a half-dozen times. They keep us awake all night coming in and out of the driveway at 1,2, 3 O'clock in the morning on work nights. They are filthy and loud to boot during the daytime. The city can't kick them out, HUD refused to do anything about it, and all our city can do is send bills to the landlord for additional police visits, and he could care less as long as he gets his HUD voucher.

The right wing solution is, "work or die".

And, help the rich get richer faster.

That is why left needs more people to vote blue and not red.

Fifteen dollars an hour as a State wide minimum wage in California!

Let the Board of Equalization, equalize on the "back end", not the "front end". Capitalist have entire departments to help them out, anyway.

They are expensive. We have Bananas once a month. I buy a couple cans of fruit cocktail every now and then. I would love an all fruit and veggie diet but budget says baked chicken and rice or pasta.

Are you being sarcastic?

Every Republican President in History CAUSED a Job Killing Recession or Depression = to number of terms served! Very few Democrat recessions & NO depressions, because nearly All Job Killing Recession or Depression are caused by Repubtard Presidents!!!

These Republican Christian Fundamentalists allow their own group to shoot up and die of heroin in lots. They don't want to solve problems because that means they would have to part with the little bit of money they think they have anyways.

These Neocons are two-faced modern day Pharisee trash.

Even if every poor person worked hard and went to school to get better pay, who would do all those entry level jobs that are the backbone of the economy? Now of course you might be dense and say “teenagers”, but there are many entry jobs kids cannot do and even they could, there wouldn’t be nearly enough of them working during the school year.

So what’s the solution to help alleviate poverty, republicans?

There is no solution to poverty dumbass. Poverty has always been here and always will be.

The only way to remove yourself from poverty is to get educated, work hard and make something of yourself.

Unless you have the drive and determination to do that you will always be poor.

Catch a clue you bleeding heart idiot.

Forum List

Back