The Republican Position on Health Care

Senator Grassley explains the Republican position on health care in Iowa town hall meetings.

Republican senator hears health care concerns back home - CNN.com

Fron the article?
Grassley warned that the months of negotiations may fail to produce a bill he can support.

Good for him. Perhaps he sees the problem, insomuch as Government isn't mandated by the Constitution to be involved in the first place?

My advice to the Senator, and Government (That created the trouble to start with)?

BUTT OUT.

Let the people, and the MARKET take care of it. For WE are the ultimate consumers of the end product, and will GO to where it is to our advantage.

So let me get this straight-republicans favor private not for profit funded on the government dime but not government not for profit funded on the government dime? Well the first problem would be setting up two bureaucracies instead of one. Second problem is you would still have an unfair advantage with for profit health care.

Really, the only difference is that republicans favor a more inefficient and costly system. Why am I not surprised...

Let the people, and the MARKET take care of it.

Oh yeah...look at how well the PRIVATE sector has done as of late. How many banks have we bailed out? How many car makers? And of course the health insurance companies have decided they know more than my doctor does. Works great!

Oh yeah...look at how well the PRIVATE sector has done as of late. How many banks have we bailed out? How many car makers? And of course the health insurance companies have decided they know more than my doctor does. Works great!

They do what they DO, because of Government intrusion in the FIRST PLACE...

Get with the program. Stop loping off your FACE to spite your NOSE...(And YES I meant it as I wrote it).

Get with the program. Stop loping off your FACE to spite your NOSE...(And YES I meant it as I wrote it).

So you meant to make no sense? My, my...

Don't buy insurance --use the money you spend on premiums to pay the doc.

Stop loping off your FACE to spite your NOSE...(And YES I meant it as I wrote it).

OK..How does one lope off one's face?

Don't know. I would looking through my health care and don't think it is covered. Let's be sure to ask for it under Obamacare...'loping of ones face to spite ones nose'...check!

The GOP plan is wait till you are so sick you need emergency care at $1,000 a pop. The hospital will send you a bill and if you don't pay it, they get your car.
Brilliant! :cuckoo:

July 24, 2009
RUSH: I think there is a myth in this country about all the people who don't get medical treatment. I think that's part of the sales pitch here. I've talked to a number of doctors, surgeons, ER, intensive care, patient comes in, they get treated, whether they can pay or not, and they're sent a bill if they don't have insurance. And they make arrangements with the hospital to pay it off over time, and if they don't, then the car repossessors head out to take the car, what have you.

The GOP plan is wait till you are so sick you need emergency care at $1,000 a pop. The hospital will send you a bill and if you don't pay it, they get your car.

July 24, 2009
RUSH: I think there is a myth in this country about all the people who don't get medical treatment. I think that's part of the sales pitch here. I've talked to a number of doctors, surgeons, ER, intensive care, patient comes in, they get treated, whether they can pay or not, and they're sent a bill if they don't have insurance. And they make arrangements with the hospital to pay it off over time, and if they don't, then the car repossessors head out to take the car, what have you.

Do they get my car payments too! Actually sounds like a good deal...I get life saving health care and they get my piece of crap car...including payments.

Rush should be nominated the smartest man on earth! He sure has my vote...

July 24, 2009

So tell us WHY the power of the Imperial FED needs to be involved at the point of a gun in the first place?

Can you answer this?

sense. Grassley:

Grassley also called for reducing health care costs through better management of chronic conditions and capping the damages in malpractice lawsuits.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Some questioners were angry about the current system, with one woman asking, "What are you going to do about these insurance companies that are putting everything in their pocket and just laughing at everybody else?"

Grassley said the bipartisan bill, if eventually completed, would hold down health insurance premiums and provide refundable tax credits to help low-income Americans obtain coverage.

His goal is to have a bill that can be supported by most senators, rather than just the Democrats and a few Republicans, so that it can avoid a filibuster, he said.

This is real reform. No one, not one person, who states they are for reforming the health care industry can ignore TORT REFORM- it costs Americans app 500 billion dollars a year. Doctors are afraid of being sued so they will run every test known to man and then do it again on the same patient to make absolutely sure they have not made a mistake in diagnosis. Many of these lawsuits are frivolous, there is no CAP on these injury cases. Doctors pay exhorbidant fees in mal- practice insurance and then pass that cost back on to us, the consumer, in higher and higher fees for service. OBAMA IS AGAINST TORT REFORM, wanna know why, he is a lawyer. The trail lawyer lobbyists give millions to democratic campaigns. 1/2 of congress and `1/2 of the senate are all former attorneys.
This has got to be done, otherwise there will be NO control on costs.

Competition- right now states have maybe one or two insurers to pick from, that's lousy, we should be able to purchase any insurance we need across state lines.

All of the People and I mean everyone will have to purchase at least a major medical plan with a high deductible that covers catastrophic loss, no if's ands or but's about it. The poor can be subsidized but on a sliding scale according to their income. The FREE ride is over.

Health savings plans, pre-tax dollars that is used for doctor's office visits and medications, make it mandatory that people get their yearly check-ups for prevention, if they do not go penalize them by taking an estimated amount out for the preventative care that they did not get. What they do not use after the preventative care, they keep and can spend on what they need or want. This will ensure that people will get the preventative care that they need and it will also ensure that we don't overwhelm our health care providers by people running to their doctor every time they sneeze.

Pass laws and regulate the insurance companies so that they can not refuse people who have pre-existing conditions. All of this can be done and it will not cost the tax- payer a dime, and therfore not add to our ever increasing national debt. This is real reform that does not entail a massive take-over by a government that is not qualified to run a profitable neighborhood lemonade stand.

The government's resume'

Social security- bankrupt.
Medicare- bankrupt.
Medicaid- bankrupt.
The postal service- bankrupt.

Do you want to hire this to run 7% of our economy. You try going to an interview with this resume and see if you get the job. You would be laughed out of the office.

It was a Euphemism, for doing something stupid, as your post clearly demonstrated.

No. It was a spelling error, dope. As you clearly demonstrated.

lope
Verb
[loping, loped]
to move or run with a long easy stride
Noun
a long steady gait or stride [Old Norse hlaupa to leap]

Or did that escape your purview?

July 24, 2009

Do they get my car payments too! Actually sounds like a good deal...I get life saving health care and they get my piece of crap car...including payments.

Rush should be nominated the smartest man on earth! He sure has my vote...

Well, if you read the whole quote, they can take more than just your car. Do you have a house? What have you????

So you meant to make no sense? My, my...

Nope. Illustrating the ABSURD by being such.

Or did it escape you too?

Forum List

Back