War on science
War on health care
War on education
War on seniors
War on gays
War on women
War on children

....and now War on voters!
And, it all sums up to http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/212659-obamas-war-on-the-constitution.html#post4944004.
War On Individual Liberty...

Can't say I've heard libs accuse us of that.

That's typically something they're proud to tout as their party platform.

On March 7, 1963, civil rights activists were brutally beaten by police in Selma, Alabama, during the infamous "Bloody Sunday" march, for advocating for the right to vote. This week, forty-seven years later, today's civil rights leaders retraced the march from Selma to Montgomery, protesting what NAACP President Ben Jealous calls "the greatest attack on voting rights since segregation."

Since the 2010 election, Republicans have waged an unprecedented war on voting, with the unspoken but unmistakable goal of preventing millions of mostly Democratic voters, including students, minorities, immigrants, ex-convicts and the elderly, from casting ballots in 2012. More than a dozen states, from Texas to Wisconsin and Florida, have passed laws designed to impede voters at every step of the electoral process, whether by requiring birth certificates to register to vote, restricting voter registration drives, curtailing early voting, requiring government-issued IDs to cast a ballot, or disenfranchising ex-felons.

Within days, the crucial battlegrounds of Pennsylvania and Virginia will become the latest GOP states to pass legislation erecting new barriers to voting. If, as expected, the new laws lead to fewer Democrats casting ballots in November, both states could favor Republicans, possibly shifting the balance of power in Congress and denying Barack Obama a second term.

Pennsylvania will be the ninth GOP state since 2010 to require a photo ID in order to vote; the state's law mandates a government-issued ID or one from a college or nursing home. According to a study by the Brennan Center for Justice, 11 percent of U.S. citizens lack a government-issued ID, but the numbers are significantly higher among young voters (18 percent), voters 65 or older (18 percent) and African-Americans (25 percent). Based on these figures, as many as 700,000 Pennsylvanians may not be able to vote in the next election. (Pennsylvania Secretary of State Carol Aichele claims 99 percent of Pennsylvanians possess the proper ID, which seems unlikely given the state’s large student, elderly and African-American population).

GOP War on Voting Targets Swing States | Ari Berman | Politics News | Rolling Stone

See above in red, then prove that any of those actions only affect one voting party (Democrats, according to you).
He's got to...but with zero proof. Chris is a World-Class TOOL of the left.

Suppressing the black vote is a proud Republican tradition.

I wonder how many older Republicans who find out they can't vote will change to the Democratic Party.

Actually, you're wrong. It's a proud tradition of the Dems.

We just suppress the dead vote.

Man, I can't keep up on how many wars we're fighting:

War on the poor
War on the middle class
War on blacks
War on latinos
War on the evironment
War on science
War on health care
War on education
War on seniors
War on gays
War on women
War on children

And, it all sums up to http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/212659-obamas-war-on-the-constitution.html#post4944004.

Show me in the constitution where it says you need a photo ID fool.

War on the poor
War on the middle class
War on blacks
War on latinos
War on the evironment
War on science
War on health care
War on education
War on seniors
War on gays
War on women
War on children

SHOW me in the Constitution where it says YOU are allowed to vote in a Federal Election?:eusa_whistle:

War on the poor
War on the middle class
War on blacks
War on latinos
War on the evironment
War on science
War on health care
War on education
War on seniors
War on gays
War on women
War on children

There are a lot of things that aren't in the Constitution that the left is trying to shove down our throats, deeno. Are you sure you want to go with your post?

Well, when you work to screw over millions of Americans, they way Republicans want, it goes without saying there's a war on individual liberty. What do you think civil rights, women's rights, gay rights and voter suppression is all about? Republicans think they are so "free". Wish the fuckers would get off the damn food stamps.

On March 7, 1963, civil rights activists were brutally beaten by police in Selma, Alabama, during the infamous "Bloody Sunday" march, for advocating for the right to vote. This week, forty-seven years later, today's civil rights leaders retraced the march from Selma to Montgomery, protesting what NAACP President Ben Jealous calls "the greatest attack on voting rights since segregation."

Since the 2010 election, Republicans have waged an unprecedented war on voting, with the unspoken but unmistakable goal of preventing millions of mostly Democratic voters, including students, minorities, immigrants, ex-convicts and the elderly, from casting ballots in 2012. More than a dozen states, from Texas to Wisconsin and Florida, have passed laws designed to impede voters at every step of the electoral process, whether by requiring birth certificates to register to vote, restricting voter registration drives, curtailing early voting, requiring government-issued IDs to cast a ballot, or disenfranchising ex-felons.

Within days, the crucial battlegrounds of Pennsylvania and Virginia will become the latest GOP states to pass legislation erecting new barriers to voting. If, as expected, the new laws lead to fewer Democrats casting ballots in November, both states could favor Republicans, possibly shifting the balance of power in Congress and denying Barack Obama a second term.

Pennsylvania will be the ninth GOP state since 2010 to require a photo ID in order to vote; the state's law mandates a government-issued ID or one from a college or nursing home. According to a study by the Brennan Center for Justice, 11 percent of U.S. citizens lack a government-issued ID, but the numbers are significantly higher among young voters (18 percent), voters 65 or older (18 percent) and African-Americans (25 percent). Based on these figures, as many as 700,000 Pennsylvanians may not be able to vote in the next election. (Pennsylvania Secretary of State Carol Aichele claims 99 percent of Pennsylvanians possess the proper ID, which seems unlikely given the state’s large student, elderly and African-American population).

GOP War on Voting Targets Swing States | Ari Berman | Politics News | Rolling Stone

As long as the law is applied equally, nobody is having war declared on them. If we're going to have a voter registration program at all, requiring a photo ID--as long as it is free of charge--is no infringement on anybody's rights to cast a ballot. What good is it to have registration if we're not going to require the registrant to prove who they are?

If you don't like the idea of having to show a photo I.D. to vote then what kind of I.D. should you have to show to vote? Keep in mind the I.D. has to confirm you are who you claim to be if there is something that can do that better than a photo I.D. what is it ?

War On Individual Liberty...

Well, when you work to screw over millions of Americans, they way Republicans want, it goes without saying there's a war on individual liberty. What do you think civil rights, women's rights, gay rights and voter suppression is all about? Republicans think they are so "free". Wish the fuckers would get off the damn food stamps.

If I was you, I would be wishing for getting out of your Mom's basement. :eusa_whistle:

There is all kinds of "voter fraud".

Misleading voters and stuffing the ballot box are what Republicans do best.

Showing up at a precinct and pretending to be someone who is registered there, knowing they are registered there, knowing they won't be there and voting in their place AND not getting caught seems awful risky for a single vote and a possible 5 year prison term.

Yet, this is the stuptified thinking of the right wing. They catch on to a single phrase and run with it. It's why they don't understand the joke, "My favorite color is shine".

Showing up at a precinct and pretending to be someone who is registered there, knowing they are registered there, knowing they won't be there and voting in their place AND not getting caught seems awful risky for a single vote and a possible 5 year prison term.

Yet, this is the stuptified thinking of the right wing. They catch on to a single phrase and run with it. It's why they don't understand the joke, "My favorite color is shine".

So you are saying that it's risky to break the law? I hate to tell you this rdean. But CRIMINALS ARE STUPID.

Simply because they believe in a political movement doesnt make them intelligent.

Yeah, it is a shame that voters should be legally qualified to vote. Which dimwits love illegal votes, that is how they win. If you think for one minute that illegal immigrants have the right to vote, you are a bigger idiot than I thought.

OMG I have to prove I'm authorized to vote. WAH

:cuckoo:

Only an idiot of colossal proportions thinks that is a bad idea.

If you were trying to make any sort of point there; you've failed miserably.

ALL OF A SUDDEN this stuff comes out. Problem is if the dems control things everything is given away. IF the GOP wins then they spew out their patriotic garbage and fall in line for the rich. Where is one to find a respectable spot? I will show my ID, after I harass the workers at the polls a bit...for fun.

Forum List

Back