The Republican Party - the party of good intentions

OohPooPahDoo

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
N'Awlins Mid-City
Just remember folks, its the Democrats that are the party of feewings and the Republicans are the party of facts and evidence, even when the facts and evidence tell us they aren't.

A few months ago I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart and my best intentions still tell me that's true, but the facts and the evidence tell me it is not
- Ronald Reagan

yep he shouldnt have done it, still it's better than anything Obumble has done.

Just remember folks, its the Democrats that are the party of feewings and the Republicans are the party of facts and evidence, even when the facts and evidence tell us they aren't.

A few months ago I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart and my best intentions still tell me that's true, but the facts and the evidence tell me it is not
- Ronald Reagan

I see that honesty is difficult for you to recognize.

im not entirely sure what the OP expects us to deduce from his vague statement and a quote.

- Ronald Reagan
So, he took one for the team....Big deal.

Guys it's oooh, he argued that we didnt need to drop the bomb on Japan, because they were afraid of Russia. He just repeats his old hippy teachers comments.

- Ronald Reagan

Took one for the team? :eusa_eh: lol He was the team Capt. He was calling the plays.

- Ronald Reagan

Took one for the team? :eusa_eh: lol He was the team Capt. He was calling the plays.
I don't believe that for a second.

That debacle was all on GHWB, his protestations that he was "out of the loop" notwithstanding.

Reagan was a good little party man and took the hit for the GOP team.

- Ronald Reagan

By your definition, the tale would have been that George Washington cut down the cherry tree, lied to his father by claiming he didn't, but then later, when his father figured out for sure that he had lied, came back and said that although he still felt like he hadn't cut it down and hadn't lied, in fact, he cut down the tree.

So yeah - recognizing that as a form of "honesty" - is hard for me to recognize.

Last edited:
im not entirely sure what the OP expects us to deduce from his vague statement and a quote.

We can deduce that the supposed greatest Republican President of the modern era literally said that he "felt" something was true even though the "facts" say otherwise, and from that infer that since the Republicans like him so much, most Republicans have a feewings based approach to truth rather than a fact based one, challenging the popularly erroneous assumption that libruls are the party of feewings.

We can deduce that the supposed greatest Republican President of the modern era literally said that he "felt" something was true even though the "facts" say otherwise, and from that infer that since the Republicans like him so much, most Republicans have a feewings based approach to truth rather than a fact based one, challenging the popularly erroneous assumption that libruls are the party of feewings.

Except the truth is the exact opposite.

Except the truth is the exact opposite.

I know you feew that's the truth in your heart, even though the facts - as highlighted in Reagan's quote - say otherwise.

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean...," -- Joe Biden on Obama

Amazing that Obama is clean, right?

Actually its the Dems that are the party of good intentions they react from emotion not logic. As we can see on our worst few years as a nation since the GD or Carter the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Why do you think Marxism in America would be any less fatal to the US then it is everywhere else?

Last edited:

- Ronald Reagan

By your definition, the tale would have been that George Washington cut down the cherry tree, lied to his father by claiming he didn't, but then later, when his father figured out for sure that he had lied, came back and said that although he still felt like he hadn't cut it down and hadn't lied, in fact, he cut down the tree.

So yeah - recognizing that as a form of "honesty" - is hard for me to recognize.

Do you recognize that not every government action is done by the signature of the POTUS?

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean...," -- Joe Biden on Obama

Amazing that Obama is clean, right?

Was the first African American person who was nominated and elected as POTUS from your party (republicans) or from the Democratic party? Obviously Obama wasn't offended by Biden's alleged remarks, he's Obama's Vp.

Thanks for the laugh! :lol:

Forum List

Back