The Republican Party should change its views on immigration

Big_D

Jul 15, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
First of all I know that this is unlikely. However, this party is in shambles. The last presidential election proved this as the Republicans lost almost every state that was up for grabs. A loss last November was expected. What shouldn't have been expected ever again was the demographics based on race. According to a cnn exit poll, over 75% of African-American, Hispanic, and Asian voters voted for Obama! Over 80% form both the African-Americans and Hispanic voters alone went to the left. The Republicans cannot continue this if it is to be successful in the future. They have to do something and fast. Long gone are the days where one party could have the majority of the white vote and expect to win the general election. This great nation is blessed with a great amount of diversity and the Republicans have to start winning over other races in a hurry.

Hispanics are the largest growing race in this country and they will eventually be the majority within 50 years. According to the same cnn exit poll, 67% of Hispanic voters went to Obama. If this continues in the future, then the Republican party will be headed for loss after loss. Changing their view can help make this happen. This doesnt mean that this party should preach that every illegal should be granted citizenship automatically. What i am saying is that the Republicans should be lean more this this side than their opponents. The result be more Hispanic voters on their side and they will be facing more repeats of the last election. Now, I am not saying they should ignore the other races. Every party should make an attempt at every demographic. You also might think that many conservative people will leave the party because of it. However, I believe that these voters will choose Republican even if they do not agree with every issue. For example, John McCain has been at time the opponent from within for many conservatives over the years. However, he had no problem winning their vote last year. To be honest, I am not sure if this will even work. I certainly do not want to offend anyone by implying that Hispanic voters only care about this one issue. I know that there are many issues that people will consider when going into a voting booth. I just think Hispanic people would be more likely to vote to the right if this was the case. When I was watching a Carl Rove interview he advised Bush to change his stance on this issue when he was running for either governor or President and it clearly worked for him. I do know one thing and that the right needs more than just white people on their side in the future.

Last edited:
First of all I know that this is unlikely. However, this party is in shambles. The last presidential election proved this as the Republicans lost almost every state that was up for grabs. A loss last November was expected. What shouldn't have been expected ever again was the demographics based on race. According to a cnn exit poll, over 75% of African-American, Hispanic, and Asian voters voted for Obama! Over 80% form both the African-Americans and Hispanic voters alone went to the left. The Republicans cannot continue this if it is to be successful in the future. They have to do something and fast. Long gone are the days where one party could have the majority of the white vote and expect to win the general election. This great nation is blessed with a great amount of diversity and the Republicans have to start winning over other races in a hurry.

Hispanics are the largest growing race in this country and they will eventually be the majority within 50 years. According to the same cnn exit poll, 67% of Hispanic voters went to Obama. If this continues in the future, then the Republican party will be headed for loss after loss. Changing their view can help make this happen. This doesnt mean that this party should preach that every illegal should be granted citizenship automatically. What i am saying is that the Republicans should be lean more this this side than their opponents. The result be more Hispanic voters on their side and they will be facing more repeats of the last election. Now, I am not saying they should ignore the other races. Every party should make an attempt at every demographic. You also might think that many conservative people will leave the party because of it. However, I believe that these voters will choose Republican even if they do not agree with every issue. For example, John McCain has been at time the opponent from within for many conservatives over the years. However, he had no problem winning their vote last year. To be honest, I am not sure if this will even work. I know that there are many issues that people will consider when going into a voting booth. However, I do know that the right need more than just white people on their side in the future.

Yep!! say hello to your 30 million new neighbors! They will vote Democrat.

so, we shouldnt change the view that our immigration laws should be obeyed?

well, if thats the case, just abolish the laws

Just like every other immigrant ethnicity that came before it Hispanics view America as the land of opportunity. Republican trade and economic policies have chipped away at the middle rungs of the economic ladder.

More than two-thirds of Latino voters (67%) in the November 4th
Presidential Election say fixing the economy is the most important issue
they expect the new President and Congress to address when they take
office in January. The economy ranked far above other issues, including
Health Care (5%), Immigration (6%), and the War in Iraq (6%).

Yep!! say hello to your 30 million new neighbors! They will vote Democrat.

Silver lining for you, they will also vote against progressive social issues like gay marriage.

I think they went repub in 2004 and I bet the repub party can get them back.

Silver lining for you, they will also vote against progressive social issues like gay marriage.

I think they went repub in 2004 and I bet the repub party can get them back.
i think so too
if the GOP would get back to its consevative roots

Forum List

Back