The Republican Party and their continuing war on the American Middle Class

Maybe she just doesn't talk to you?

No one is whining. I think it's probably pretty easy to get a degree in "household management". No problem working and getting THAT degree.

But getting a degree in, say, engineering, is in another league entirely.

It's not possible to explain to people how difficult it is when these people believe in "Noah's Ark" and they believe "evolution is a religion".

So, while no one is whining, there is nothing wrong with finding a creative way to remove some of the burden from those the country will depend on for a long time.

Especially if we want nuclear energy or bigger, more nutritious crops. You can't get those from "praying".
Speaking of a stump...

So you believe you can get nuclear power plants and better crops from a "stump"?

You are debating against education, aren't you?
No. I was making a comment about your ludicrous theory that only liberals are smart or educated as being as intelligent as a stump. Sure you very well may have a degree (doubt it) but I also have discovered the biggest morons in the world often have the most education in the world. I've probably spent more time in college than you and learned very quickly how much of it is nothing more than jumping through hoops, justifying some liberal has something structured to do brainwashing mushy brained brand new adults with the exception of some fields where an education IS useful. Most of the rest is nothing more than handjobbing each other and playing the game, shelling out dough to buy a certificate of achievement so other people who did the same thing will hire you regardless of whether or not you could outsmart a bowl of noodle salad.

Little example for you. Almost every NFL/NHL/NBA player is a college graduate. You trust most of their degrees to be fairly earned?

Speaking of a stump...

So you believe you can get nuclear power plants and better crops from a "stump"?

No. I was making a comment about your ludicrous theory that only liberals are smart or educated as being as intelligent as a stump. Sure you very well may have a degree (doubt it) but I also have discovered the biggest morons in the world often have the most education in the world. I've probably spent more time in college than you and learned very quickly how much of it is nothing more than jumping through hoops, justifying some liberal has something structured to do brainwashing mushy brained brand new adults with the exception of some fields where an education IS useful. Most of the rest is nothing more than handjobbing each other and playing the game, shelling out dough to buy a certificate of achievement so other people who did the same thing will hire you regardless of whether or not you could outsmart a bowl of noodle salad.

Little example for you. Almost every NFL/NHL/NBA player is a college graduate. You trust most of their degrees to be fairly earned?

100% agreed. As we witness right now--we have an overly educated--well spoken-- Harvard lawyer--that forgot to take economics 101. Inexperienced with how this economy works--decided to go back to one of his former idols--FDR--and do a carbon copy. Not realising that back in the 1930's (when we actually needed roads and bridges) this current overly educated moron decides to do the exact same thing--without a clue that what took thousands of men with shovels in the 1930's can now be done with a couple of heavy equipment operators.

100% agreed. As we witness right now--we have an overly educated--well spoken-- Harvard lawyer--that forgot to take economics 101. Inexperienced with how this economy works--decided to go back to one of his former idols--FDR--and do a carbon copy. Not realising that back in the 1930's (when we actually needed roads and bridges) this current overly educated moron decides to do the exact same thing--without a clue that what took thousands of men with shovels in the 1930's can now be done with a couple of heavy equipment operators.
The last wholly man-made mass scale project done in the US was the Transcontinental Railroad. A steam powered shovel was employed for a short section of the Weber Canyon by the Mormons, and as an elevator by the Central Pacific when cutting the tunnel at Cape Horn, and that was to raise and lower the tunnelers in the middle section and pull out debris.

Machine tools have taken over the brunt of the labor ever since, decreasing the need of manpower by multiplying their productivity a thousand fold in comparison. We no longer need thousands of handcart pushing chinese laborers to haul dirt and dump it. One road grader and earth mover do the job of 10,000 men quite easily.

Especially if we want nuclear energy or bigger, more nutritious crops. You can't get those from "praying".

The liberals oppose nuclear power and want sustainable farming, how does either of those stances line up with your claim that Republicans are anti sicence?

Insurance is paid for, so allowing young adults to stay on their parents policy costs the US taxpayer NOTHING. The lack of insurance for poor people kids under the previous system left poor peoples kids at a distinct disadvantage where it comes to acquiring educational attainments, as they had to work full time while attending, could not take lower paid internships that would fast track their career once college ended, and deprived them of experience and networking opportunities that wealthier students take for granted. Higher education attainment opens a lot of doors bolted shut against those with only a HS diploma, and the ability to apply for and accept those internships that offer NO insurance opens many, many more.
Seems some people prefer a rigged system that rewards the status of birth and deprives our future of talent in order to keep the haves having, and the have nots as service industry slaves.

You do realize that Obama thinks internships are a bad idea and wants to make them illegal. Unless they are government internships, of course.

War on Interns - WSJ.com

Speaking of a stump...

You discovered no such thing. That's bullshit. A myth perpetrated by right wing nut-jobs to denigrate the success of those whose achievement comes from brains and not family connections and screwing people over and calling it "capitalism".

The liberals oppose nuclear power and want sustainable farming, how does either of those stances line up with your claim that Republicans are anti sicence?

Some liberals oppose nuclear power.

The Republicans who support it don't even know why they support it. They were told to support it. You don't really think Republicans are going to build a "nuclear power plant"? That's about as likely as 94 to 6.

no it did not....and rdean pulled a starkey and refuses to support his claim

Which claim was that?

you even quoted what i was talking about

point out how obamacare helps the middle class

you said obamacare helps the middleclass....support your claim

I've posted nearly the entire health care bill over and over again. You can go read all my back posts.

Now tell me, why do you think it DOESN'T support the middle class?

LOL @ the RightWingNut's obsession with and rage against higher education and education in general.

49izadw.gif

To add to your comment--after they get their job--enjoy the 70% tax bracket they're in--and don't whine about it--:lol::lol: Funny but my daughter with a master's degree doesn't whine about the student loan she is still repaying.

No one is whining. I think it's probably pretty easy to get a degree in "household management". No problem working and getting THAT degree.

It's not possible to explain to people how difficult it is when these people believe in "Noah's Ark" and they believe "evolution is a religion".

So, while no one is whining, there is nothing wrong with finding a creative way to remove some of the burden from those the country will depend on for a long time.

Now you get to prove that graduates from these schools aren't really engineers.

Oh, and real proof. Not like your usual kind, where you point to your irrational hatred of conservatives and call it proof.

Any so called Christian school is highly suspect. Except for one or maybe two, I can't think of any that are better than "tier four".

Worse, many are angry that the only way they can keep their accreditation is to teach a "real college level" course on "evolution". Isn't that a hoot? Usually, they teach what is called, "Natural Science", where they learn about birds building nests and bee pollinating flowers.

AND, I wonder at the size of their engineering classes. I admit, I don't know. But I can guess.

Some liberals oppose nuclear power.

The Republicans who support it don't even know why they support it. They were told to support it. You don't really think Republicans are going to build a "nuclear power plant"? That's about as likely as 94 to 6.

"Some liberals?"

What you mean to say is that some of the people who oppose nuclear power are conservatives, but the overwhelming majority of them are liberal. All environmentalists oppose it because they do not understand science. New nuclear plants eliminate the waste problems associated with older plants, but they ignore facts because they are over educated idiots who never took a science class.

You want to know the real difference between conservatives and liberals rdean? Their college degrees. Liberals get degrees in liberal arts and other soft fields, and conservatives get MBAs and engineering degrees. Liberals are dreamers and conservatives are pragmatists.

Keep quoting your Pew Research online poll that shows most scientists claim to be Democrats all you want. You still have to deal with the Pew Research poll that shows Democrats are more likely to believe Jesus will return by 2010 than Republicans. Since, by your definition, all Christians are anti-science, the fact is that Democrats are more anti science than Republicans.

Now you get to prove that graduates from these schools aren't really engineers.

Oh, and real proof. Not like your usual kind, where you point to your irrational hatred of conservatives and call it proof.

Any so called Christian school is highly suspect. Except for one or maybe two, I can't think of any that are better than "tier four".

Worse, many are angry that the only way they can keep their accreditation is to teach a "real college level" course on "evolution". Isn't that a hoot? Usually, they teach what is called, "Natural Science", where they learn about birds building nests and bee pollinating flowers.

AND, I wonder at the size of their engineering classes. I admit, I don't know. But I can guess.

I can think of 5 Christian colleges that are tier 1 without even trying. I guess that makes you wrong about how many good Christian colleges there are.

Which claim was that?

you even quoted what i was talking about

point out how obamacare helps the middle class

you said obamacare helps the middleclass....support your claim

I've posted nearly the entire health care bill over and over again. You can go read all my back posts.

Now tell me, why do you think it DOESN'T support the middle class?

nice try...that is not the way it works...YOU made the claim, YOU support it with direct cites to the relevant portions in the h/c bill....

its clear you're just a starkey though....if you don't want people to ask you to support your claims, don't make any

FDR invested in the middle class through a wide assortment of cost controls, tax policies, labor support & protections, public works, public transportation, as well as medical, retirement, education, & housing programs.

The progressives made sure that America's immense postwar wealth was shared with the workers off whose backs it was made. The progressives made sure that America's immense postwar wealth was re-invested in America's infrastructure, not, say, Iraq's.

FDR's investment in the middle class was better for families because the mother could stay home and raise the kids. And it was better for upward mobility because more working families could afford to send their children to college.

Problem is: the middle class is expensive. The reason Americans love cheap Taiwanese products is because the Taiwanese labor market is not weighted down by an expensive, entitlement-rich middle class -- and their ain't no pesky regulations which prevent you from poisoning the drinking water or beating your 13 yr old employees.

The point of Reagan was to relieve capital from the expensive burden of the middle class. The point of Reagan was to give capital cheap labor.

The point of Reagan was to enrich corporations by getting rid of their social & financial obligations to the middle class and the country in which they operated.

Many Americans don't like the human rights abuses common in the 3rd world. They view these places as pre-modern anachronisms. Look at how they view the middle east. Problem is: the American Economy it utterly dependent on these places. Consider the essence of America's postwar obsession: suburban expansion, which expansion pumped more money into terrorist nations than any other source (see oil).

Where do you think the shirt which displays the Nike swoosh comes from? America enriches the very places it claims to be morally above. (Only the Republican Base doesn't see this contradiction)

If you understand Reagan's neoliberalism; and if you understand capital's dependency on ever cheaper labor and ever cheap raw material (and zero environmental obligations), you will understand exactly what happened to the American middle class.

It was destroyed to make a small group of people wealthy.

America has spent the past 30 years not investing infrastructure. America has spent the past 30 years not investing for a petro-scarce future. America has spent the past 30 years not investing in the middle class. Why? Because Reagan believed the country should be run by corporations -- and those corporations chose not to re-invest, and they are laughing all the way to the bank. (You people swallowed poison in 1980)

Study neoliberalism. It hates the middle class and it has destroyed your country.

Last edited:

You discovered no such thing. That's bullshit. A myth perpetrated by right wing nut-jobs to denigrate the success of those whose achievement comes from brains and not family connections and screwing people over and calling it "capitalism".
When in college, I met a PhD candidate in computer science. A relatively technical career would you agree? We, both being gamers, asked me about handguns and ballistics. A simple question of why a 22 caliber round did less damage than a 45 caliber round.

I asked if he took physics? he had taken multiple classes in the subject. I, on the other hand, being just a well read English major had not. Stunned at his supposed background in physics I asked if he understood fundamental concepts of ballistics. He did not. I spent the next half hour explaining to him concepts of force, inertia, projectile deformation, wound channel, hydrostatic shock, aerodynamics and barrel rifling. Once complete and thinking I had done my job well, he asked...

"but what if the bullets were square? Then they'd have sharp corners."

Yes, This is a PhD candidate in computer science. I'm sure he could program his way out of almost any situation, but beyond that, the boy could barely function in social situations by his sheer IGNORANCE of all other subjects.

Oh, and what ended the acquaintance? He asked me why they just didn't put cockpits at both ends of the Concorde (it was still flying then) so they didn't have to turn it around to fly back.

Personal first hand experience with it. That doesn't include the social misfits I saw getting their Poli Sci degrees. Now there's a group of people who should be banned from ever being put in charge of anything more dangerous than a hotdog stand. Sociopathic little tyrants with megalomaniacal dreams.

You call bullshit all you want. I experienced it first hand.

Oh, and now I finally get it. Your puritanical hatred for anything outside of the university and capitalism now makes sense! Although I doubted before you had the brains enough to pick your nose or use a toilet properly, I now get it.

You ARE or WANT to be college faculty with tenure! Allowed to pop off whatever inane bullshit you deem full of truthiness and your authority unquestioned because you cannot achieve in the real world, but are protected through the tradition of Tenure. I can't conceive of this really being true for you trot out the same hobgoblins of arguments with barely a change in the wrote repetition you give in your recitals. So you've gotta be a wannabe ulcerating to become one.

As for your sneering screed at capitalism and real honest work, you couldn't compete, get or hold a real job if your life depended on it. Maybe you just are staff and work in the faculty day care. Or food service with dreams of getting that PhD someday punching buttons at a cash register worshiping these academic pseudo-gawds that breeze by on campus without a thought in their head beyond their work and their egos. Hoping someone recognizes your raw talent like Good Will Hunting as you sling reheated chicken patties down a stainless steel heat lamp rack sweating in your hairnet.

But you definitely have a hard on for universities, regardless of the academic frauds many departments become.

Not all.... ohh no no no.... there are still a few good classes, departments, professors and universities. But wherever you are... it ain't one of them. They wouldn't tolerate you.

Ding... fries are done.

Why would you be surprised that the party that stood up for BP supports the mining companies?

Forum List

Back